Thread: Favre aint gonna retire..

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favre aint gonna retire..

... Javon Walker's stepdad just called and toldd me!

Serious though, he aint. Get ready for another year of the Great one!

His recent comments tell me he actually wants to play, just not in GB. He knows he is known for not being a whiner and is pretty much the poster boy for the NFL. So he is trying to be very careful not to burn any bridges or make himself look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPackFan
    His recent comments tell me he actually wants to play, just not in GB. He knows he is known for not being a whiner and is pretty much the poster boy for the NFL. So he is trying to be very careful not to burn any bridges or make himself look bad.

Of course he wants to play again.

We must honestly ask ourselves.

What has TT done - REALLY - to make that an attractive proposition in Green Bay for Brett Favre? The showdown is really beginning as I see it.

Ted Thompson was placed in an awkward position IMO and we are about to see how good his PR skills are.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I think he is back

Found this on PFT.com:

POSTED 8:55 p.m. EDT, April 29, 2006

SAINTS LOOKED INTO TRADING FOR LORD FAVRE

In December, we tried to start a rumor that Lord Favre would finish his career in New Orleans. With the Saints, to be precise.

Apparently, someone was listening in New Orleans. With the Saints, to be precise.

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that, earlier in the offseason, the Saints engaged in exploratory talks with the Packers about the possibility of acquiring Favre via a trade. The discussions, however, went nowhere.

In early March, the Saints signed quarterback Drew Brees, necessarily bringing an end to any possible swap.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yo might have siad that he wanted to go to N.O. but I said he would stay. My only bad call was saying he would not announce it until after the draft. I get the feeling TT decided it was going to be Hawk or Davis when no one owanted to trade for the #5.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Ted just didn't like their offer: Mike McKenzie and Joey Thomas straight up for Favre
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPackFan
    I guess I don't understand that. Favre has always said that he would retire before playing for another team.

Just happy that he's coming back and let's hope that our WR's really step it up this year! Could be Fergy's last chance to prove something!!

Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    Could be Fergy's last chance to prove omething!!
    Don't think he'll have all year to do it either.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I agree. Fergy's not just competing for a starting spot. He's competing for a roster spot.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Remember way back when Brett said Mike Sherman as head coach might have a bearing on whether or not he came back? I wonder if hearing Tom Rossley was NOT returning had any impact on his decision.
    Doughnuts, is there anything they can't do?

Formerly known as Pack4ever