Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packer Rats Dictionary

Packer Rats Dictionary

I have a terrific idea, but I don't know where to go with it.

Today Skin Basket uses the expression "cocks and asses" to describe an apples and oranges situation. Nick Collins immediately employs it again in its proper new usage. I also learned something amusing about Ron Mexico from K-Town. The language that surrounds this site is rich, and ever-evolving.

I think--for both amusement and utility--we need a permanent Packer Rats dictionary so that people understand what is meant by Kool-aid, Rosencrap, cocks and asses, Ron Mexico, Realistic Optimists, dead gerbils, etc.

Such a tool does not fit, perhaps, in the Romper Room because it may involve expressions that go beyond the PG nature. It would be nice to have a permanent glossary for forum members to access.

I could just start a thread, I suppose, to get things started and see how many idiosyncratic expressions are in the frontal lobes of Packer Rat brains. This seems like a bad week to start it as an OT in the Green Bay chat b/c everyone is really pounding On Topic stuff and will be for a few weeks I'd guess.

So please offer constructive suggestions about how a dictionary could be established, possible words and phrases that might stump new users and be worthy of an entry in the RP Dictionary, or chime in with a simple WTF? and I'm pretty sure I'll know what you mean.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

my favorite acronym: BFD
    favorite word: buggery

Blog Entries
    Grailism= The beautiful act of hot gals lovin other hot gals.

The Holy Grail=

The House Bretsky lives in was built by a Grailist about 15 years ago.

The office I sit in while in front of the PC use to be a Hot Tub Room.

Having Kids, the family decided it was best to remove the inground hot tub for safety purposes and put in a wooden floor where the hot tub used to indent down to the ground. Every night I sit on the floor directly above where the indoor Hot Tub used to be where years ago many Grailistic Parties may have taken place.

Thus, I sit in a chair above the Holy Grail Every Day !!

Cheers,
    B

= B's obsession with grailism!

tanked: to be brought to exhaustion by repetitive or stubborn argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    tanked: to be brought to exhaustion by repetitive or stubborn argument.
    I think you should add nonsensical to that definition.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Hilarious for me = Beer Outta My Nostrils funny. OK. I guess you had to be there.

There, you see, I've already learned BOMNF and the adjective "tanked". Grailism's etymology I now know better.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

EC
    Al
    Polar Bear
    Sam's Club
    Tank - since there is no poster actually named "Tank" anymore...

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    kool-aid

homer
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    EC
    Al
    Polar Bear
    Sam's Club
    Tank - since there is no poster actually named "Tank" anymore...
    When do we start the sam's club here?

Yes, we should do an official "Sam's Club - Grand Re-opening." I'll have to ponder that further...

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    Yes, we should do an official "Sam's Club - Grand Re-opening." I'll have to ponder that further...
    Absolutely!!

better wait till he actually starts playing.

Why'd we do a crazy thing like that?

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Things like that never stopped you before?

what was i thinking. carry on then!

Toward the end of a dismal season that had us chewing out our own spleens, a Nigerian kid fresh off of Kansas City's practice squad suits up and runs like his visa depends on it. He makes all smile because he kept us in the last few games with his give-it-all-you've-got running and HE'S the one thanking everybody in sight.

Sam's Club