Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPackFan
If Mckenzie was unhappy and wanted out, and Walker is unhappy and wants out...is it such a reach to say Favre might be unhappy also? May be he really does want to be cut/traded and play somewhere else. Maybe he is just taking his sweet little time because he can. What ARE the Packers really gonna do, cut him? That would make Favre look like he wasn't given the time to make his proper decision and make the Packer organization look bad. Favre is a smart guy and if he really does want out he is going to do it so he doesn't tarnish his NFL Golden Boy image. Just a thought.

woodbuck27:

OK I'll toss this in there. I'd treat the part on Favre not liking TT as just a rumor now though, as I can't imagine why he wouldn't be thrilled with Ted Thompson.

Sorry all you who will judge Favre on wanting to win, but I'm one of those crazy Packer Fans that wants the same thing, and I especially don't want to see worse than I did last Season.

For what it's worth:

POSTED 12:22 p.m. EST, March 31, 2006

FAVRE MESSES WITH THOMPSON

We're told that Packers quarterback Brett Favre has decided to delay the official announcement of his decision to return to play in 2006 merely as a way to twist the tail of G.M. Ted Thompson.

We've heard multiple times in the past couple of weeks that it's common knowledge within the organization that Favre will play in 2006, and that he's told the team he will be back. However, Favre has not given the team the green light to announce that Green Bay will still have a guy wearing No. 4 this season. Recently, we'd heard that Favre was going to wait until Sunday, April 2 to make the trip to Green Bay for the announcement, simply because Thompson had wanted to make the announcement by Saturday, April 1.

But we're now told that because Thompson has tried to deny that there ever was an April 1 deadline for the announcement, Favre has decided to string Thompson along for a while longer.

Still, despite Favre's public suggestion that he hasn't made a decision, we are 100 percent certain that he has. The organization's concern, as we hear it, is that it will look very bad in the eyes of the fans if they say Favre is coming back and Favre later has a change of heart. So the Packers have decided to say nothing at all until Favre says it publicly himself.

But, for Favre, the current posture is nothing more than a way for him to play an offseason game with his G.M., whom we hear Favre doesn't genuinely like.

The problem is that this back-and-forth makes everyone look bad, including Favre. If he's coming back, say so. And if everything we've heard is wrong and he really hasn't made a final decision, he should make one. Now. It's kind of important for the team to know whether it will need to get a new starting quarterback ready for the 2006 season, especially with the draft four weeks away