Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: to all the TT haters

to all the TT haters

There seems to be a sentiment that Ted and or the Pack owes Brett a shot at a championship. Well over the last three years has Brett made a commitment beyond one year at a time? It's a two way street folks and seeing as how everyone forgot that Brett has played his little game of should I or shouldn't I one should give Ted credit for taking that as his cue to do his own thing.
    One more thing, although its easy now to say but who would've guessed that Brett would be available in every game? TT has to consider that Brett could have been injured and his career over. Its not like we're talking about a 24 to 26 year old guy who would be a lot more likely to come back from something. TT had to take that into consideration or he'd be an idiot.

Dude, haven't you heard? We all love TT now. There are no TT haters left in these forums........or on the face of the planet Earth for that matter.

Try again directly after next years draft, I am sure you will find at least one or two TT haters then.

Zach, it's a tough crowd in here and our boring offseason and draft are arming the majority with torches and pitchforks to rid the Pack of the polar bear.

I'm not one to get in the way of an angry mob and eventhough I still believe in Thompson at this point. I'll be loading my gun at the end of this year if we regress back to sub .500 though.

I've just gotta believe (hey I'm an optimist) that our team is going to gel and mature this year and potentially make the playoffs with another stride to improvement and playoff contention next year.

Really, for all the faults poured on TT for his offseason and draft moves, in reality more is dependent on M3 guiding the young team to success. If we see another three blowouts at home it's going to get awfully ugly.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbojangles
    Really, for all the faults poured on TT for his offseason and draft moves, in reality more is dependent on M3 guiding the young team to success. If we see another three blowouts at home it's going to get awfully ugly.
    Good point about M3.

It is so strange to have this GM heavy environment in Green Bay right now.

Sometimes with all the chattering about TT's drafts and TT's FA stuff it is hard to remember that the single biggest gamble he's taken in terms of building this team has been the hiring of Mike McCarthy and allowing him to build a coaching staff around relative unknowns like Bob Sanders and Joe Philbin and a way too well-known in the guise of Kurt Schottenheimer.

Will this team be taught and prepared well enough to make the critical move from a team that plays poorly because of less talent to a team that plays better than others despite having less talent? That's going to be on M3's head.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede
    Sometimes with all the chattering about TT's drafts and TT's FA stuff it is hard to remember that the single biggest gamble he's taken in terms of building this team has been the hiring of Mike McCarthy and allowing him to build a coaching staff around relative unknowns like Bob Sanders and Joe Philbin and a way too well-known in the guise of Kurt Schottenheimer.

Will this team be taught and prepared well enough to make the critical move from a team that plays poorly because of less talent to a team that plays better than others despite having less talent? That's going to be on M3's head.
    It is important to note that M3 will be a "lame duck" at the close of this season without an extension.... The fall guy if things go bad? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbojangles
    Good point about M3.

It is so strange to have this GM heavy environment in Green Bay right now.

I think M3 is getting a pass because he managed to win 8 games in his 1st year following a 4-12 season by his predecessor. If the team backslides this year, all those questions that were raised when M3 was hired will come flooding back.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm still in TT's car. I have no issues with his drafts. I DO have a problem with him not having been more active this offseason. moss was on of the few players that would have fit a position of need well. Unlike the others (Michael Turner, Larry Johnson), moss could have been had for peanuts. Its not like TT didnt have the $$$ or the draft picks.

He could have had the same team he has right now minus one player for the pick given up. IMO he didnt play it right and lost. He would have been shining right now had he made this one high risk/high reward move. Instead he has all this turmoil. I even wonder if he didnt tell Favre he would be adding FA(s) to the offense. Might have has something to do with why Favre announced he wasnt retiring so early.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy

It is important to note that M3 will be a "lame duck" at the close of this season without an extension.... The fall guy if things go bad? I think so.
    I thought the fall guy was Lee Majors.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

Man that pickup he had in the show was sweet. Also the blonde (Heather something?) wasn't too shabby either. Howie had to go though
    60% of the time it works every time.

Lee Majors was the $6 million dollar man. McCarthy isn't making anywhere near that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Lee Majors was the $6 million dollar man. McCarthy isn't making anywhere near that.
    Was that some horrid television or what. The bionic woman and the six million dollar man. Did Efrem Zimbalist or Spelling make those shows? How to be Zimbalist.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Lee Majors was the Fall Guy

and the 6 million dollar man

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Heather Locklear posters were chot in the early 80's.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    I'm still in TT's car. I have no issues with his drafts. I DO have a problem with him not having been more active this offseason. moss was on of the few players that would have fit a position of need well. Unlike the others (Michael Turner, Larry Johnson), moss could have been had for peanuts. Its not like TT didnt have the $$$ or the draft picks.

He could have had the same team he has right now minus one player for the pick given up. IMO he didnt play it right and lost. He would have been shining right now had he made this one high risk/high reward move. Instead he has all this turmoil. I even wonder if he didnt tell Favre he would be adding FA(s) to the offense. Might have has something to do with why Favre announced he wasnt retiring so early.
    There the nail has been hit on it's head.

If TT doesn't just poster in our need to acquire something even close to real for our 'O', and brings in Randy Moss for what alot of us felt it would take or a third round pick then all would have been forgiven.

We lost Randy Moss and gained a rookie WR with that 3rd or **. We all know how Favre feels about that strategy.

** Randy Moss or Rookie WR James Jones or Rookie SS Aaron Rouse ?

Ted Thompson remained Ted Thompson and simply FAILED !!

We must see on this forum that TT's a tad apprehensive in how he deals with acquisitions. He has to step up to the plate swinging more.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27

If TT doesn't just poster in our need to acquire something even close to real for our 'O', and brings in Randy Moss for what alot of us felt it would take or a third round pick then all would have been forgiven.

We lost Randy Moss and gained a rookie WR with that 3rd or **. We all know how Favre feels about that strategy.

We must see on this forum that TT's a tad apprehensive in how he deals with acquisitions. He has to step up to the plate swinging more.
    So is it a failure if either of those 2 becomes a 3-4 time pro bowler?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool

Of course not but what are the statistical chances of that being a reality?

I believe that it's easier to examine this in a different context.

The long term benefit of that 3rd round pick or immediate or 2007-08 seasons by using it to acquire Randy Moss ?

We are 12-20 under TT and headed for a more difficult SOS this season. We are certainly hard pressed for our running game to improve over the past two seasons with little more than a wish and a prayer that our young players on the OL will step it up.

With the way it's been over the past two seasons Favre has had to pass way too often. It certainly could be just that again and Randy Moss would have been a better bet than James Jones to assist us there.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

The long term benefit of that 3rd round pick or immediate or 2007-08 seasons by using it to acquire Randy Moss ?

We are 12-20 under TT and headed for a more difficult SOS this season. We are certainly hard pressed for our running game to improve over the past two seasons with little more than a wish and a prayer that our young players on the OL will step it up.

With the way it's been over the past two seasons Favre has had to pass way too often. It certainly could be just that again and Randy Moss would have been a better bet than James Jones to assist us there.
    So going off history a 3rd round pick is no guarantee to be a pro-bowler, but you ignore the last 2 years of Randy Moss's career? This is what I dont understand. You cant use history on one, but ignore it on the other. There's absolutely no guarantee that Moss would have done anything.

Nope, sure isn't a guarantee that Moss would do anything. I am not a gambling man but I would gamble on Moss outperforming any WR we drafted by a ton.
    "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

And thats fine, but it shouldnt be stated as a set in stone fact, and that is the point I'm trying to make.

So going off history a 3rd round pick is no guarantee to be a pro-bowler, but you ignore the last 2 years of Randy Moss's career? This is what I dont understand. You cant use history on one, but ignore it on the other. There's absolutely no guarantee that Moss would have done anything.
    Given what we now are determining as the low cost to bring in Moss before the draft (say for that 3rd Rd. pick) my argument is very clear.

A players happiness will go a long ways towords his contribution to his team.

All the reports on Moss were that he was healthy and ready for a change of scenery and that he would prosper if the right team went for his services. For months that team was rumored to be the Green Bay Packers.

TT made at best. A half hearted attempt to land Randy Moss.

In that half hearted attempt or his postering to acquire Moss ,we are now aware of a contradiction.

He was willing only to deal his 5th round pick and then a clear contradiction on his value in TT's eyes is given, as we are learning, that TT wanted Moss for a two year contract not one.

Which way is it Ted?

Ted Thompson could have acquired Randy Moss for a third round pick and sat on a risk for only one season. All parties would have been satisfied.