Here is the foudation of Tank's response to me after I wrote a thread on how the salary cap related to the set budget of a regular family. The quote after Tank attacked my credibility is from Duke University economist Cade Massey and Richard Thaler of the University of Chicago.

NickCollinsMany of the things that are involved in living or enjoying life cost money. If you overspend on one area, it costs another area of life. The ultimate goal is to make your 70,000 best support your needs and wants.

TANK "I am sick of reading Collins’ crap, so I have decided to write a counter-argument.

Collins, the poster, likes to think of himself as a football expert but in truth, he is all about sparring crap. In his thread, “A salary cap analogy for those who expect big FA moves,” he fallaciously, ridiculously and illogically compared the NFL salary cap to a middle class family with an annual income of $70,000. He was basically speaking of opportunity cost, the economic notion that sacrifices pertain to decision making. In other words, you can’t have this without giving up that. But to compare the purchase a new Yukon at the expense one’s retirement fund to signing a marquee free agent at the expense of the future cap is just sheerly ridiculous. "

Massey and Thaler "We suspect that some teams
have not fully come to grips with the implications of the salary cap, a relatively new innovation. Buying
expensive players, even if they turn out to be great performers, imposes opportunity costs elsewhere on
the roster.
Spending $10 million on a star quarterback instead of $5 million on a journeyman implies
having $5 million less to spend on offensive linemen to block or linebackers to tackle. Some of the
successful franchises seem to understand these concepts, most notably the New England Patriots"

I think at the very least we can award a high level of credibility to these professionals in relation to this topic. My comparison of the NFL salary cap to a family with a set income was not only valid but important enough for these two highly regarded economist’s to include in the conclusion to a research paper done on the NFL draft and how it relates to the set cap.

Tank is a very loud and repetitive in his beliefs but his opinions are not valid according to many including Massey and Thaler and this article further proves the irrelevance of the poster known as “TankÃ¢à ‚¬Â.

From this point forward, I think we can dismiss Tank’s mindless babble as nothing more than a undeveloped mind trying to gain attention. He has been proven wrong whether he chooses the read the evidence and find out or not.