View Poll Results: What do you think about TT?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him!

16 41.03%
  • Hate him!

6 15.38%
  • Middle of the road...

15 38.46%
  • Don't give a damn!

2 5.13%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TT, love him or hate him, let's debate em!!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TT, love him or hate him, let's debate em!!

Can I can a round of GM strength KoolAid?

Can I have a middle ground please? How 'bout a cautiously optimistic? Given the two choices only, I'd have to go for Love him because he is cleaning up Sherman's Lagoon.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    I think we need an "on-the fence" option. I don't love him or hate him yet.

Remember....I'm the "advocate patience" guy...

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The man has deep pockets, and he doesn't like to take risks even when he has the bank roll to back it up. It can stick in your craw at times, but it is the right approach to get the depth of this roster back on track. When the team truly has solid core of quality players, then it is time to make your push, that is the point where you go get the last puzzle pieces with the lure of a chance to go to a Super Bowl, that is when you land that big Lunker of a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    The man has deep pockets, and he doesn't like to take risks even when he has the bank roll to back it up. It can stick in your craw at times, but it is the right approach to get the depth of this roster back on track. When the team truly has solid core of quality players, then it is time to make your push, that is the point where you go get the last puzzle pieces with the lure of a chance to go to a Super Bowl, that is when you land that big Lunker of a free agent.
    Spot on, Nutz.

Everyone - look at the Steelers last year as a model of good drafts. Look at the run Denver tried to make after a few years of solid drafts. Another year or two and then we look for the dimonds.

One diamond would sure be nice, though. I suppose when you have to bring in 27 punters and kickers to try and find the one or two talented ones then you have to be more cautious though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    One diamond would sure be nice, though. I suppose when you have to bring in 27 punters and kickers to try and find the one or two talented ones then you have to be more cautious though.
    So far to me TT is an absolutely piece of rotton shit if you want to win asap.

The jury is out as to whether the smell will get better.

On a scale of 1 to 5, I would have to rank TT a "too" for "Too" early to evaluate his effectiveness.

I want to see his next draft and see how the Packers fare this season before I give a judgment one way or the other about him.

Oregonpackfan

First of all, thanks for having me over here. It will be nice to kick it with you all.

Anyways, I still feel you have to give the guy another year or two. I am putting my faith in him that he actually has a plan (God I hope he has plan!)

If after 2-3 years of having the job, we see no improvement in the team, The guy should be dragged out of lambeau by his finger nails.

Yeah. I said I'm in love.

But I'm waiting to be jilted and find out that the frosty coldness of his polar mind is really slow-moving glacial inactivity for inactivity's sake. Then I will be sad that my true love was not what he seemed to be, and a weasel at that.

Mostly I love his hair.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I think it's way too early to say. I think most of the critisism is premature. But the bottom line is 4-12. He's got to improve this team dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by swede
    Yeah. I said I'm in love.

But I'm waiting to be jilted and find out that the frosty coldness of his polar mind is really slow-moving glacial inactivity for inactivity's sake. Then I will be sad that my true love was not what he seemed to be, and a weasel at that.

Mostly I love his hair.
    That was fuckin' funny swede!

Sadly, I love his hair too...

tyler

Last year it was evident that there was one move or combo of moves that resonated with the fans. Wahle walked and was replaced by Klemm. On the good side, he brought in Gado.

So, so far this year, what do you think his big coup was and his worst moment?

I don't think people can say that he hasn't been active. Perhaps he should be titled as taking more "financially-calculated risks" than many other GMs.

Pete Dougherty made an interesting comment in his chat about teams that have "bought their way" to the SB. There hasn't been any. The thrifty and cost-conscious teams, like the Pats and the Steelers, have been there of late. Football isn't like Baseball, where deep pocket teams can buy their way to the big game. Football financials are titled toward big-market teams, but there are too many players on an NFL team for a single franchise to buy their way to the big game. I support Ted's direction of trying to build the best team possible while watching the checkbook. There will be opportunities to use the cap space during the season.

tyler

I think T.T. is doing a good job so far. Just my opinion though.. He is what he is. I've thought all along that he has 4 or 5 top free agents in mind and is gonna stick with his plan not to over pay and pick up second level guys to build depth. I hope it works out.

Everyone's talking too about the amount of money he may begin the season with this year, but I'm thinking that's a pretty wise move considering that he's going to want to sign some of these guys he brought in to longer deals and if anyone gets injured and he has to go out and sign a replacement, at least he'll have the money to do it.

Thats very true. I brought that up over on CE with Harvey. I just wonder how much money he really needs to roll into the season with? I still hope he brings in Woodson and a couple more L- backers. I know there are more players needed thats just to start with.

Isn't there a whole parade of no-names coming to work out in the next week or two? I thought I had read about a few people.

I didn't type that right.. I hope he signs Woodson and some backers.. LOL JUst to start with that is.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro66
    I didn't type that right.. I hope he signs Woodson and some backers.. LOL JUst to start with that is.
    Living around insane raider fans I can tell you their hopes and dreams for what Woodson would be have never came true. If TT signs him it would be to make the splash that would get his popularity up though. I did like the Harris and him being the best duo comment though. At this point the money aint going anywhere else so I think TT will pick Woodson up this weekend. Maybe the clean air and healthy living will have an effect on him.