Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Breakfast Club

The Breakfast Club

Just watched The Breakfast Club. For as old as that movie is, I still like it. So which character best fits you back in your High School years? The Princess/Prince. The Trouble maker. The Brain. The Jock. The girl/boy loner.

I was definately the Jock, but not as small as Emelio Estevez
    Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?
    Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Yeah, Emelio Estevez was not very big to be the jock in that movie.

None. I was an above average student. Not brilliant. I played some sports, but didn't really hang with the jocks. I liked to party, but didn't party all the time. Played tennis in high school and just about every other sport outside of school (basketball, baseball, football, etc.). Mostly hung out with the other dudes from the neighborhood. We "menaced" the neighborhood as 15-16 year old boys in a smaller town tend to do. Chased skirts.

Life was different back in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers

Life was different back in the 80s.
    Ain't that the truth!!

It's unbelievable watching from the outside with your kids how the groups form. Huge thing I think is different now then it was back then......the parents are pushing and promoting harder than ever for their kids to be in a certain crowd. It's very lame and sometimes even embarassing.

I was in the jock group but it was different being in a smaller HS. We were friends with everyone.

I just think that's a cool movie showing all the groups coming together even for a day.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    The Breakfast Club? You are talking about the Boston Celtics, right? Or is it the Cowboys? Or Bill Romanoski? I am sure I read something about Romo being part of a Breakfest club, but i aint so sure. Romanoski and others like to get up early and work out and called themselves the breakfast club. Maybe its the Celtics. Or the Cowboys. Somebody look it up for me.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear
    The Breakfast Club? You are talking about the Boston Celtics, right? Or is it the Cowboys? Or Bill Romanoski? I am sure I read something about Romo being part of a Breakfest club, but i aint so sure. Romanoski and others like to get up early and work out and called themselves the breakfast club. Maybe its the Celtics. Or the Cowboys. Somebody look it up for me.
    Look it up your own damn self clown! It's an old 80s movie. While your at it look up Cheech and Chong so you can see what smoking weeds looks like too.

As for the this thread I wouldnt have been any of them because i wouldnt have even bothered to show up for any damn detention.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker

As for the this thread I wouldnt have been any of them because i wouldnt have even bothered to show up for any damn detention.
    Sounds like you just answered the question.

I've got to hang out with Judd Nelson a few times in LA. He's pretty much hit the bottom (a few spots on TV series but not much else). He plays tons of video poker at this bar called the Snake Pit - and he's come to a friends place for some BBQs. A real odd ball.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    think I can guess who tank's charature is????

I think you can be a combination of the charatures.

I was the nerd with the brains to go with it, I was Judd Nelson without being that cool, I was the Jock, but I wasn't that good.

I was all the negatives, with no upside.

I love that movie. I raely ever went to the cinemas, but I did catch that flick on the big screen....

I identify mostly with the janitor.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    "This is what happens when you spill paint in the garage!"

LOVE that movie!!! can't believe it's 20 years old already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    LOVE that movie!!! can't believe it's 20 years old already!!!
    Hate to say this, as i loved it as well, but it really hasn't aged well.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I was more like the statue in the "learning center"/library. I played tons of sports, but owned a pair of those Nike Internationals!

The question I always had about that movie is how did the weird chick go from shaking her dandruff on a drawing to lip-lock with E.E. at the end? Did Claire have some Selsun Blue in her purse?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

The question I always had about that movie is how did the weird chick go from shaking her dandruff on a drawing to lip-lock with E.E. at the end? Did Claire have some Selsun Blue in her purse?
    .....and what really happened when Claire went to visit mr. bad boy in the janitor closet? Did she lose her virginity?

[quote="GrnBay007"]
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

.....and what really happened when Claire went to visit mr. bad boy in the janitor closet? Did she lose her virginity?
    i think he gave her the "hot beef injection"

He must have been OK. She gave him that diamond earring at the end.

Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club.