Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackmon breaks foot AGAIN!!!

Blackmon breaks foot AGAIN!!!

Blackmon breaks foot

Second-year cornerback Will Blackmon broke his right foot late in practice on Wednesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said on Thursday.
    McCarthy said Blackmon will undergo more tests to determine the severity of the break. That's the same foot that Blackmon broke last year as a rookie. He sustained that injury on May 21, 2006, and didn't return to practice until Oct. 10, 2006.

-- Tom Pelissero.
    posted by PackersNews.com at 1:37 PM | 0 Comments

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    gee, that's a real shame...the kid just can't catch a...wait, I mean he has bad luck. So, if they IR him, who is on our practice squad? Street free agent?

One word.

DAM !!

and. . .

Very sad. I have been waiting so patiently for this young man to get to and for us.

Hang in there Will.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

This stinks. I had high hopes for the kid. So much for him taking over for Bush. I felt pretty good about the depth at CB until Bush's struggles the last 2 games. This would severely hurt that depth. Plus, Blackmon was dynamic returning the ball in the preseason, and I was really hoping he'd take over both KR and PR when he got the cast off.

Blackmon

Man, talk about a guy who is snakebit! The way Bush is playing, losing a guy who I think is better than Bush really sucks. The Chicago media "experts" are already talking about Hester lining up against Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    This stinks. I had high hopes for the kid. So much for him taking over for Bush. I felt pretty good about the depth at CB until Bush's struggles the last 2 games. This would severely hurt that depth. Plus, Blackmon was dynamic returning the ball in the preseason, and I was really hoping he'd take over both KR and PR when he got the cast off.
    Moi aussi Harvey.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    So much for him taking over for Bush. I felt pretty good about the depth at CB until Bush's struggles the last 2 games. This would severely hurt that depth. Plus, Blackmon was dynamic returning the ball in the preseason, and I was really hoping he'd take over both KR and PR when he got the cast off.
    My sentiments exactly.

So, who do we have now....Walker and Williams.

Dendy available?

Someone get this kid a glass of milk.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    This kid is chronically hurt.

It takes a lot longer to heal from two injuries.

Another lost year for the kid.

I love his play, but he can't get on the field either.

Re: Blackmon

Quote Originally Posted by Packnut
    Man, talk about a guy who is snakebit! The way Bush is playing, losing a guy who I think is better than Bush really sucks. The Chicago media "experts" are already talking about Hester lining up against Bush.
    They still have to find somebody to throw him the ball.
    GO PACK!!!!

Bah..He has shown promise as a returner, but are injuries going to keep his career from ever getting off the ground?

the idea of K-Rob coming back is looking better and better huh?

That sucks.
    "...one thing about me during the course of a game, I get emotional and say things my grandmother lets me know about later. But nobody wants to win on that field anymore than I do, no one." Brett Favre

Senior Rat HOFer
    we should see if deion sanders wants to come play nickleback for us.. we all know he and favre love each other.. aha

UPDATE: Teammates said no one noticed the play on which Blackmon was injured, but they saw it on film today. According to one Packer, Blackmon was in coverage during an offensive scouting period when he elevated and landed on the back of Ruvell Martin's foot. Blackmon didn't go to the ground but limped off the field, the teammate said, adding that Blackmon -- who wasn't in the locker room today -- is optimistic the injury won't end his season.

What a tough break for Blackmon.

I feel bad for the kid.

HOWEVER, every team is going to have serious injuries and if one had to happen, at least it happened to a player that can be replaced. I know, I know, that sounds cold as hell. But it's true.

Frank Walker played some good football that last preseason game. I am excited to see how he plays.

I certainly was hoping that Blackmon was part of the future at CB but now, who knows. The kid just can't stay healthy.

If I were the Packers, I would shut Blackmon down for the year and get him 100% for next season.

Must be a branch of the Sheet's family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by gbpackfan
    What a tough break for Blackmon.

I feel bad for the kid.

HOWEVER, every team is going to have serious injuries and if one had to happen, at least it happened to a player that can be replaced. I know, I know, that sounds cold as hell. But it's true.

Frank Walker played some good football that last preseason game. I am excited to see how he plays.

I certainly was hoping that Blackmon was part of the future at CB but now, who knows. The kid just can't stay healthy.

If I were the Packers, I would shut Blackmon down for the year and get him 100% for next season.

Good call GB... was wondering what Walker's status was also

Fas as shutting him down for the year... is he worth waiting for again?? I'm sure TT will pick up other CB's in next years draft.. Woodson & Harris are both getting "old" and seem to be constantly battling injuries..
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz
    Blackmon -- who wasn't in the locker room today -- is optimistic the injury won't end his season.
    that seems unlikely.

this is a big loss. Is Ahmad Carroll unsigned?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by packrulz
    Blackmon -- who wasn't in the locker room today -- is optimistic the injury won't end his season.
    that seems unlikely.

this is a big loss. Is Ahmad Carroll unsigned?
    On May 5, 2007, Carroll was arrested around 3 a.m. on drug and gun charges. Carroll, 23, was released on bond after attending court at 9 a.m. He is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a pistol without a license, possession of MDMA (ecstasy), and possession of a firearm during the commitment of a felony. As a result of this incident, on May 7, 2007 the Jacksonville Jaguars waived Carroll. [1] Carroll could potentially file a grievance against the team, as NFL teams are not allowed to part ways with a player for legal troubles.

He's starring in a sequel to the most recent "Longest Yard", it's called "Hyw. 28", the path most opposing receivers took on their way past him to the end zone.