Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lets be honest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

lets be honest

This team was ripe for the picking. If Minny had an average qb last week, we would have losty that game.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

A different team (coaches included)came out after the half.

Agree but this team was ready to be defeated.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    To be honest...

1) I knew they wouldn't go undefeated.

2) I hate that they lost to the Bears.

3) I hate the way they lost, pulling a defeat out from a victory.

4) I hate the way they sacrificed field position in fear of Hester.

5) I love we're still in 1st place.

6) I hope JJ, the rest of the rookies, MM and his coaches learn from this game.

7) I'm looking forward to beating the Bears in Chicago.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Senior Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Brohm
    A different team (coaches included)came out after the half.

You got that one right, Brohm, there was a distinct difference. Remember, old Lovie was determined to win this game at Lambeau tonight he totally changed their attack and the players themselves took charge.
    While we began to look sluggish, they woke up and beat us at a game we should never have lost.

But - I guess we should look at 4 and 1 and be happy it's not 1-4.
    Did any of you think we had an angry-looking QB ?
    Is it really a halo or
    just a swelled head ?

I think Hester made MM wet his pants but to be fair, if he returns a kick/punt, the masses would be on him for that.

You can't win em all.

Tough loss but they need to come out fighting next time, get another win and keep this thing going.

Pack!
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    I think Hester made MM wet his pants but to be fair, if he returns a kick/punt, the masses would be on him for that.
    Standing up the masses is why MM gets the big bucks. You don't kiss up to Hester like that in your own house.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Agree but this team was ready to be defeated.

And they'll lose 4 or 5 more. They're certainly not an elite team that is going to win every game or even close.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Being honest, we were fortunate to be 4-0. Philly could have covered the punt and run out the clock. The Chargers could have stopped the slant pass that gave up the touchdown to win it and MN could have scored to tie it when Ryan Grant fumbled last week.

It's good to be lucky, it's lucky to be good, but tonight there were just too many blunders. Outside of the one deflected interception, they took care of the ball, we didn't and came out flat in the second half. That was the game; our luck ran out in that game.

Agree but they probably deserved to win today imo more so than last week. We are definitely getting better but now we could use some more playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Agree but they probably deserved to win today imo more so than last week. We are definitely getting better but now we could use some more playmakers on both sides of the ball.
    Playmakers on offense with stick'em on their hands.

Blog Entries
    It's frustrating that they improved the one area where they were most heavily criticized, but couldn't then put together two halves of good football offensively.

These guys have the makings of a good team. I have to believe they'll learn how to put it all together as the season progresses.

It's ironic that I'm encouraged tonight by their ability to dominate the first half.

This team beat themselves tonight, and that's a situation that sucks now, but is eminently correctable.

Agreed. Let's just call it even and look forward to next week.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

I agree Vince. You hate to lose, but when you lose by making correctable mistakes, it's less painfull. They did some good things. They'll bounce back.

I don't think anyone thinks that they will now tank but hopefully this L will refocus them.

Quote Originally Posted by vince
    It's frustrating that they improved the one area where they were most heavily criticized, but couldn't then put together two halves of good football offensively.

These guys have the makings of a good team. I have to believe they'll learn how to put it all together as the season progresses.

It's ironic that I'm encouraged tonight by their ability to dominate the first half.

This team beat themselves tonight, and that's a situation that sucks now, but is eminently correctable.
    Agreed. I see this team kind of like Dallas of last year. Hopefully, they'll really come into their own next year, as Dallas has this year. (Oh, and I hate Dallas.)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    I agree Vince. You hate to lose, but when you lose by making correctable mistakes, it's less painfull. They did some good things. They'll bounce back.
    I disagree here. They put in extra ball handling drills due to the crappy performance against the Vikings. It was emphasized. The message apparently did not sink in and they lost the game. Maybe it sinks in now, but it really sucks to lose due to issues that were specifically emphasized the week up to the game.

"Oh coach, I didn't think we could actually lose due to turnovers." pops into my head for this lesson learned.

Also what is it now? 3 weeks and 3 fumbles at the 5 yard line? The message is just not sinking in.

G'night all. . It was a shitty way to end the night but it could have been much worse. I thought the Packers were the better team, but they shot themselves in the foot. It's better to lose by shitty mistakes than to get blown up by a better team like two years ago in week 2. I knew then that this team was DONE. This year it's a bump in the road of a likely playoff team. It sucks, but it's not like we just saw an incapable team like we've seen in the past. It was a good team that needs to sure up ball control/ penalties and a young coach that needs to iron out a few wrinkles in his playcalling.