Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who controls this?

Who controls this?

I typed a message using the proper team name for the team in MN. When I posted it, the proper team name was changed to "queens". Why?

I do not post insulting or disrespectful messages, and I do not appreciate my content being changed to alter the tone of what I intend.

It was a joke set up when the forum was started. I would anticipate it being changed soon...

Wow. A user has a susggestion for improvement. It gets immediately acted upon. What a concept. I love this place.

Don't get too excited about it, Scott. I'm not in control of changing it, but I can use my wiles to influence Mad if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    It was a joke set up when the forum was started. I would anticipate it being changed soon...
    So how many other "jokes" does this site have?
    I find this EXTREMEY disconcerting because it drastically alters how I am perceived.

I have a feeling my time here will be short.

None that I know of. The webmaster just thought it would be funny if the names of the competing teams in the NFC North were changed. It changes no matter who types them, so I don't think I'd worry about how people perceive you because of it.

They may like their jokes, but you won't find better football knowledge or discussion anywhere.

[quote="shamrockfan"]
    It was a joke set up when the forum was started.

Do you know the history of this site Irishman?

This is a place where you will be able to post what you want, but the admin has a sense of humor when it comes to the other teams in the NFC North, so he set an edit button. Try posting any other team in that division and see what you get.

If you don't intend on staying, that's your deal, but this is the funniest Packer forum you'll find.

oh for God's sake!

it's just a stupid joke. i agree, the joke is now tired and should be gotten rid of, but a little perspective.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrockfan
    So how many other "jokes" does this site have?
    I find this EXTREMEY disconcerting because it drastically alters how I am perceived.

You should have thick skin to be in these forums; if you don't you'll be frustrated and you are right in that your time will be short. We welcome all including you but there are constantly a lot of jokes going around in here and it's not personal.

Well it makes me look like something I'm not, a person who insults other fans and teams.

Ha, ha ha! Boy is that funny! Ha, ha, ha!

NO ONE has the right to change the views I express, to make them party of THEIR perspective.

I have a plenty thick enough skin to have my views challenged, questioned, disagreed with. BUT NOT CHANGED!

Nobody changed your views. Your views are intact.

This is now becoming a mundane disussion. Nobody is offened, but you. 106 members, and ONE is offended.

I have a plenty thick enough skin to have my views challenged, questioned, disagreed with. BUT NOT CHANGED!
    I'm sure that will be addressed in some fashion.

And, the reason this forum was created was to limit the changing of words - at the previous site (God rest its soul) - you couldn't swear or even say psuedo swears. Just type V1kings for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Nobody changed your views. Your views are intact.

This is now becoming a mundane disussion. Nobody is offened, but you. 106 members, and ONE is offended.

actually, rastak is a little pissed at it too.

look, lets forget about it.

I think your reaction to this situation will do far more to alter peoples perception of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    And, the reason this forum was created was to limit the changing of words - at the previous site (God rest its soul) - you couldn't swear or even say psuedo swears. Just type V1kings for now.
    This is why it was a joke, it was making fun of the old policy of changing words at CE, as if "V1king" was a sort of swear word.

But new posters here won't get that part of the joke.

and maybe it was a stupid joke to begin with. we'll get rid of it.

please, lets not have hard feelings over this stupid joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I think your reaction to this situation will do far more to alter peoples perception of you.
    No more piling on. Lets not drive a guy out over a little difference in perception of a joke.

I agree with shamrock on this one--although I probably wouldn't have went to the "my time here will likely be short" card right away. I would have asked why it changed though.

I don't like it changing either--especially when I'm copying and pasting an article from ESPN or something.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I agree with shamrock on this one--although I probably wouldn't have went to the "my time here will likely be short" card right away. I would have asked why it changed though.

I don't like it changing either--especially when I'm copying and pasting an article from ESPN or something.
    ...it FIBs resemblance to...

(made me laugh).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Well, I think it is disrespectfull to make fun of other people, other teams, other fans. I've never understood why fans think that is appropriate. Or using derogatory terms to refer to coaches and GMs. I do not want others to associate me with that kind of thinking. However, it seems most on here think that I am narrow-minded in that regard.

If you want to have a poor opinion of me for trying to be a respectful person, so be it.