Tom Brady already won the MVP award because of the first half of the season, but have you noticed that his stats have come back to reality? For all the talk about him shattering all the season records based on his first 8 or 9 games, it has certainly changed. Unfortunately, he became the automatic vote for many because of what they THOUGHT he would do for the season. The season is 16 games, and I wish everyone would remember it.

I'm not suggesting he isn't a worthy candidate, but look where he stands right now:

completion % - 69.2% (Brees is at 68.7%, Favre is 67.1%). Remember people suggesting he would set seasons records for %?

yards - 4,235 (Favre is at 3819, and of course missed a good portion of one game.)

TDs - 45 I'll concede that's a lot. But remember all those predictions of shattering the season record, maybe getting 60? He'll probably break the record, but it's not a certainty.

The biggest thing he has going is his TD/interception ratio, which is extremely good.

Brady will win the MVP, and he will be worthy. But his season, while great, is not as outrageous as many thought it would be.