Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NBA is back?

NBA is back?

I think LeBron James has got me interested in the NBA again. When that big boy drives to the hoop, it is a thing of beauty, he is so quick and powerful and graceful. Other great, powerful forwards, like Karl Malone, could shoot and muscle their way around, but James is much more athletic.

I lost interest in Basketball when Jordan retired. Watching those great Chicago teams was such a high, that anything else was a letdown.

The only interest I've had in the NBA since then has been rooting for Shaq to lose. I can't stand watching the big giant push people around and shoot a 3 footer. What a bore he has been.

Yeah Lebron, Kobe, Dwade, Dirk, Nash, Brand, seems like the NBA is Back, minus the free throw shooting(that drives me nuts). I'm salivating over a possible Lebron Dwade matchup. I remember when they played each other towards the end of the reg season. It was almost like the old McDonald's commercial. The one with Bird and Jordan, off the arena wall, around the chevy nova, off the backboard and in. Some crazy skills if the matchup happens.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Re: NBA is back?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I think LeBron James has got me interested in the NBA again. When that big boy drives to the hoop, it is a thing of beauty, he is so quick and powerful and graceful. Other great, powerful forwards, like Karl Malone, could shoot and muscle their way around, but James is much more athletic.
    Huckleby, your view of beauty different from mine. James is nothing spectacular. All he does is drive 150 MPH toward the basket and then dunk the ball. It could be stopped if you are willing to take a charge. But doing such would be suicide. Think about it: would you be willing to stand in front of a incoming Mazda MX3 (my first car) that is coming at 150 mph?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Sam Cassal is really something special. I wish he was still on the Bucks.

Sam is half crazy, well, maybe completely crazy. He sometimes does wild things, but mostly he is incredibly cagey. Damn entertaining to watch. I want to see him and Elton Brand advance.

Steve Nash getting MVP is silly. Well, maybe for regular season, it is not completely out of line, as he is valuable to his team as field general But how can you say he is even among the top 20 players in the league, he can't create his own shot, or defend anybody.

James also developed his outside game a lot this year. I've seen him make some incredible three. Also, he can pass and rebound. If his team shot better he'd be damn close to averaging a triple throughout the regular season. James is a FREAK.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear
    Huckleby, your view of beauty different from mine. James is nothing spectacular. All he does is drive 150 MPH toward the basket and then dunk
    For a guy that size to move so fast is impressive. And he has great acrobatic body control to keep his shots from being blocked.

I kinda see what you mean though, in a way he relies on a combination of size, strength and quickness to blow-by people. But there is so much more to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by chain_gang
    James also developed his outside game a lot this year. I've seen him make some incredible three. Also, he can pass and rebound. If his team shot better he'd be damn close to averaging a triple throughout the regular season. James is a FREAK.
    James is not as good as Kobe. It I were 6'8" and 240lbs, I would be able to defend James. Hell, Dennis Rodman would be able to do so. NBA GMs are worst than Ted Thompson because Rodman is available and not one team signed him. Rodman would make James look like Dale Davis.

P-Bear,

So you think Cleveland is leading Detroit, the best team in the NBA, because Cleveland has better players?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    P-Bear,

So you think Cleveland is leading Detroit, the best team in the NBA, because Cleveland has better players?
    Detroit is a good team defensly, but not as good as the Rodman-led Bulls during the bulls 2nd triple crown run. TeShawn Price defending James? That's like Toni Kukoc defending Jordan.

Lol the point is nobody in the NBA can stop him right now. How's the number 1 defensive team doing against Lebron. Not very good. Lebron carried this team on his back throughout the playoffs. Look at his series against Detroit. 31ppg. 7.8 rebounds a game, and 6.3 assist a game. That's phenomenal, if Detroit takes away his shot for the night Lebron is going to be looking to pass, and probably get about 12-14 assists that night. That's what makes him so special, he shares the ball.

As for the Rodman comment, Lol, Rodman would never be able to keep up with the FREAK. Not even in his best seasons. Only way he might have had success is if the team he was on played a zone defense, but then again Lebron is so good driving inside and kicking it back out that wouldn't even work. Rodman would have been too gassed to even play after the first quarter. The only chance Rodman would really have of guarding James would be to sucker punch him in the face.

As for the Rodman comment, Lol, Rodman would never be able to keep up with the FREAK. Not even in his best seasons. Only way he might have had success is if the team he was on played a zone defense, but then again Lebron is so good driving inside and kicking it back out that wouldn't even work. Rodman would have been too gassed to even play after the first quarter. The only chance Rodman would really have of guarding James would be to sucker punch him in the face.
    Rodman would eat alive James physically and mentally. Rodman was the best defensive player, not to mention the best rebounder the NBA have ever seen.

No way Rodman would have the speed to keep up with James.

Also, Jame's has been very impressive after being annointed the chosen one at the age of 18. He seems very level headed, hasn't done anything stupid that I know of. Plus he has backed it up with his play.

Rodman would never ever be able to defend James. Rodman was a good rebounder, I'll give you that. He was a good defensive player, but Lebron would eat him up outside, driving inside. Rodman is not that fleet of foot. Lebron is a 6'8 FREAK that could be a PG. The fact of the matter is if Detroit thought there was a chance in hell Rodman could guard james they'd pick him up in a heartbeat. Dumar's know's what Rodman's capable of and it isn't too much this point in time. So again saying Rodman can guard the FREAK is like saying Ben Wallace should be guarding him. Ben Wallace is a great rebounder and a great shot blocker, but Lebron would take either one(Rodman or Wallace) and leave them in the dust of the dribble.

Rodman would never ever be able to defend James. Rodman was a good rebounder, I'll give you that. He was a good defensive player, but Lebron would eat him up outside, driving inside. Rodman is not that fleet of foot. Lebron is a 6'8 FREAK that could be a PG. The fact of the matter is if Detroit thought there was a chance in hell Rodman could guard james they'd pick him up in a heartbeat. Dumar's know's what Rodman's capable of and it isn't too much this point in time. So again saying Rodman can guard the FREAK is like saying Ben Wallace should be guarding him. Ben Wallace is a great rebounder and a great shot blocker, but Lebron would take either one(Rodman or Wallace) and leave them in the dust of the dribble.
    The way James dribble, I can steal the ball from him. Kobe Byrant is extremely Jordansque and the hardest player to defend in the NBA.

James? Again, Rodman would make him look like Dale Davis.

Then you should go sign a 7 figure contract in the NBA because nobody in the NBA right now or even in the past can guard him. Rodman would look like T.J. Ford looks on Defense against the "FREAK" Lebron James.

Then you should go sign a 7 figure contract in the NBA because nobody in the NBA right now or even in the past can guard him. Rodman would look like T.J. Ford looks on Defense against the "FREAK" Lebron James.
    Ford is a pretty good defender. I was at the Wizard-Bucks game last month and I swear if Snyder was around, he'd sign Ford right away to play CB for the Redskins.

Kobe is one hell of a ball player, unstoppable at times.

However, he has never taken a team not loaded with superstarts anywhere, but James is on the verge of doing so.

Think about it: would you be willing to stand in front of a incoming Mazda MX3 (my first car) that is coming at 150 mph?

It wouldn't be so bad. In your typical state you'd be seeing double. So I'd stand a 50/50 chance of you missing me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Think about it: would you be willing to stand in front of a incoming Mazda MX3 (my first car) that is coming at 150 mph?

It wouldn't be so bad. In your typical state you'd be seeing double. So I'd stand a 50/50 chance of you missing me anyway.
    Actually, I'm a pretty good driver under influence, probably even better than when I am sober. My track record indicates that. I've driven high countless times and not once have I ever got in an accident or arrested.

Jesus Christ Tank, you have just gone from stupid to dangerous. Get high all you want, but stay off the fucking roads!!!!!!!!