Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers @ Giants Game Thread

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Official Packers @ Giants Game Thread

1-0, haven't said that for a while. I can't remember saying the last time it was 2-0 but Im sure it was in the 2000s. I feel that this is a must win game for several reasons. The giants are beat down and ripe for the picking. Regardless of who is the QB the DL should churn out some sacks after several near misses last week against a mobile mcnabb. Then there is the giants defense, possibly just what the doctor ordered for a lost and jumbled Packers offense. Beating a high powered chargers team next week aint gonna be no joke so if the Pack wants to have playoff aspirations they better win the games they are suppose to win.

This is one of them.

2001 was the last time we started 2-0, we started 3-0 that year. And this Giants game might be a little tougher than we are all hopin, a guy at work is a Giants fan and he says their defense is gettin healthy and they should be better than they were last week. I guess its easy to set the bar on bein better than last week when you were the worst team defensively in the league, but I hope we don't fall asleep on this game. We are banged up offensively and our O line realllllllllly needs to step up. Brandon Jackson is the gamebreaker on this team, we'll see it this week I think. He's decisive and makes the right cuts, there just hasn't been anything there. Don't throw in the towel on this kid just yet.

What's up, ff? You coming to moms today? I grew a fu manchu man. You inspired me last week. Michelle wouldn't go anywhere with me . I'm hoping you still have yours cuz Jackie is coming and it would be funny as hell if we both marched in with 70's mustaches. We'll act like it's normal around here

For anyone who doesn't know, ff is my brother

And to the point of this game, I think this is as important of a 2nd game win as I remember. Like Mad said, we have SD, CHI, DAL and DEN coming up. We can't afford to drop games like this one. As much as a 2nd game of a season can be a must win, this is a must win.

McCarthy said in his press conference on Thursday that they worked Jennings out Wednesday and they were going to stay off his leg until gameday. They'll get him out, warm him up, and make a decision then.

McCarthy also said he is going back to basics. He said he put too much in last week and he wanted to go back to just excecuting. I'm a big "less is more" guy when it comes to NFL playbooks. You need an identity and a counter when they try to stop your identity. That is enough to keep teams off balance. Too many plays is hard to perfect. That is my opinion anyway. Hopefully the less is more tactic pays off.

Go, Pack, Go.....all the way to 2-0! Hey, that rhymes.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell

Geez, JH don't embarass the poor kid like that. j/k

On they way to two and 0, a game the Pack can't blow...ah heck...I can't ryhme like Kiwon. I thought I'd get a post in because once the game starts it's hard for me to keep up with these game day threads and watch at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Judging by the post count, is your brother the successful one and you're the disappointment?

"I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk

Judging by the post count, is your brother the successful one and you're the disappointment?

Hey, wait a minute. . . .

Ah, what the hell, I'm a loser. Why hide it

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz

Geez, JH don't embarass the poor kid like that. j/k
    His reputation just got shot before he even had a chance to earn it

At the beginning of the year, I felt there were 8 games on the schedule that looked like toss-ups. Last week was one of them, and this is another. I was a little surprised so many people in the Prediction Thread were picking the Giants to hardly score at all. The Giants have some very good weapons in the passing game. The Packers will need to get consistent pressure on the QB, no matter who it is. The Giants do have problems on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully the Packers OL improves so Favre can take advantage of those weaknesses. I look for Driver to have a big game today, and for James Jones to assert himself, especially on 3rd down.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Morning everyone. Just found this little tid bit of info. on rotoworld.com.

FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki believes Jared Lorenzen will ultimately get the Giants start Sunday.

He also says the reports Manning practiced Friday are "erroneous", yet there were multiple confirmations and Manning is officially listed as having practiced in a limited fashion. Manning is a game time decision.

The game before the game continues.

Quote Originally Posted by gbpackfan
    Morning everyone. Just found this little tid bit of info. on rotoworld.com.

FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki believes Jared Lorenzen will ultimately get the Giants start Sunday.

He also says the reports Manning practiced Friday are "erroneous", yet there were multiple confirmations and Manning is officially listed as having practiced in a limited fashion. Manning is a game time decision.

The game before the game continues.
    ESPN indicates Umenyiora will play today. The Manning question is an interesting one. I think he'll play, or at least start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    ESPN indicates Umenyiora will play today. The Manning question is an interesting one. I think he'll play, or at least start.
    I have the feeling he's not going to start this one. Seems like his dad would give him a woopin' for putting an already injured arm at risk against what is generally considered one of the better DLs in the game right now. And considering what NY has behind him, I wouldn't think the organization would want to chance anything long-term either.

Don't get me wrong though, I'll be excited as hell to see him out there if he does play. I've despised him since he couldn't bring himself to hold up the SD jersey without that "I just ate shit and didn't really like it," look on his face at the draft. I would love to see our DL flatten him.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Well I'm pumped for the game. I am personally hoping if Eli plays, the Packers severly hurt him. I haven't liked him EVER. He was a 1st round draft pick because of his last name. He wasnt' that good in college, and he's not that good in the pro's. and the fact San Diego is relaly good, makes me enjoy his "don't wanna play there" thing every day. So I'm hoping Jenks & Kampy play Eli sandwich.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72
    Well I'm pumped for the game. I am personally hoping if Eli plays, the Packers severly hurt him. I haven't liked him EVER. He was a 1st round draft pick because of his last name. He wasnt' that good in college, and he's not that good in the pro's. and the fact San Diego is relaly good, makes me enjoy his "don't wanna play there" thing every day. So I'm hoping Jenks & Kampy play Eli sandwich.
    Agreed. I don't want Eli severely hurt, like a broken leg or anything, but we better get after that bad shoulder and make it hurt.

? HOFer
    Shut up with the injury crap. I hope we beat them and handedly and dominate the game from the start to the finish. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Shut up with the injury crap. I hope we beat them and handedly and dominate the game from the start to the finish. That's all.
    If a player is hurting, wherever it be on his body, the defense is going to go after that. If Favre had a bad elbow, I guarantee that the Giants would land on his elbow. I expect our defense to go after Eli's shoulder. That's playing smart football.

ESPN is saying that Eli is expecting to start.

And they say women are indecisive...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Giants | E. Manning planning to start Week 2
    Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:24:47 -0700

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports New York Giants QB Eli Manning (shoulder) is planning to start the team's Week 2 game.