Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
Have I called you anything like that? I don't think so. I'm a counter puncher, and rest assured, anybody I've labeled that way showed massive symptoms of the dumbassery I've labeled them as.

Where you and I seem to disagree is you're talking about the season being "even average". I still see this team as loaded with talent, especially with Love playing so well. Take away Joe Barry's ineptitude, and there's no reason the team shouldn't be as good as just about anybody. Even with Barry, we've won a LOT of games, though, and I thoroughly expect that again. The whole league seems a little bit down this year, and the Packers schedule in particular seems conducive to having a damn good record. Losing to a team like the Raiders, though, would be a very bad sign. I don't think that's gonna happen.

MLF seems to think you can "take away Joe Barry's ineptitude," but I don't think that's going to happen. And you're not going to have this young offense able to cover for that, or help that defense much at all. And you saw what that looked like last year. Average. Last year's offense was old and slow, mostly, but to the same effect.