With the draft over and the bulk of free agency finished, the question turns to what is left that the Packers could latch on to in order to improve?

June 1st cuts are still coming so there may be some veteran players released and there are still a few players available via trade, for the right price.

What avenues do you see for Thompson? What ideas or solutions do you have at this point in time?

PLEASE, save your griping about what has happened for some other thread. I can't make you do anything but I'm asking people to try and make this thread all about solutions and ideas. I'm interested in reading ideas, going forward, for what the team can do. According to the phone call with Bob Harlan thread, Harlan stated that more players would be added before all is said and done.

I'll start the ideas...

D.Mason is/was available from Baltimore. It's possible that he is a guy that could be had for a mid to lower round draft pick. I don't know if he really adds the dimension that the team needs right now (Mason is more of a possession guy) but he's a bonafide NFL WR that could certainly look good with Favre throwing to him. I'm not sold on this move but it's a valid idea.

Another possibility, though somewhat of a long-shot right now, is Larry Johnson. If Johnson and the Chiefs get locked into a contract battle than there is no reason to think that it couldn't potentially end with Johnson being traded. The Packers have the money to take on Johnson and meet his salary demands. It would be semi-fitting for the Packers to finally catch a break by picking up someone else's underpaid and disgruntled player.

So, that's the idea. What do you have to offer in the arena of ideas, Packer fans?