Quote Originally Posted by Partial
Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
Quote Originally Posted by Partial
I think you guys are wrong, because he it is impossible that he knew they met in 96. That's not how the theory of time travel works. You can't go back in time and change an event without the future being changed, and with that being a significant event don't you think they'd remember? Further more, without Desmond meeting Dan and flying to the freighter would he have had to go back and meet Dan?!? To me, the answer is no.

I think the stuff started happening to Dan when they came to the Island. The guessing card thing was him jumping to the future like Desmond could do, but he was having a hard time controlling it.
Why would he write that Desmond was his constant in his notebook then? It was simply memory loss.

He knew it was 96 in desmond's conscious and asked him to meet him there - it wasn't time travel but consciousness slippage.
I don't understand what you're saying. I don't think it was shown whether it was previously written or if he wrote it then.

It was time travel, not consciousness slipping. Events changed in the past yet did not alter events in the future. Since something happened in the past than all of history from that moment moving forward should be reflective of that change, since the future did not happen yet.

Certainly, it is a weird topic and a weird episode.
When Desmond met him at Oxford, the guy said - future me of me referenced this me - so he must've remembered meeting you. Desmond replies - no - he must have forgot. The guy laughs and says - right - how would that happen. They he immediately talks about radiation effects several times a day and the fact that he had no head gear protection.

Also - I think it is consciousness - the experiment with the rat showed that it wasn't anything odd (no disappearance, etc.). The guy said that it wasn't time travel - the rat's mind was sent to the future.

And with the playing card scene - it's clearly memory loss. At least it's clear to me.

I thought it was one of the better episodes of the entire series to date.