this should quiet a few folks. from espn.com

Favre returns to practice after being held out Monday
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Brett Favre was back on the field Tuesday, a day after being held out of a voluntary practice.

Brett Favre
Favre

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he planned to hold the quarterback out of Monday's practice all along -- despite comments last week that led many to believe Favre would take part in all four practices this week.

Favre worked out Monday but didn't practice with the team.

"I never said he would practice all four days. Him practicing all four days was never the intention, ever," McCarthy said.

McCarthy seemed slightly agitated by persistent questions about players who haven't taken part in voluntary workouts -- a group that again included starting cornerbacks, Al Harris and Charles Woodson, on Tuesday.

"Brett has hit every target that we've asked," McCarthy said. "The plan for him has been laid out for months and frankly, I'm not going to get into going through this every day. He worked out here [Monday], he did what's asked of him. I've said it over and over, we're just being smart with Brett. So he did what was on his schedule to do [Monday]."

Favre is scheduled to speak to the media Thursday and will host his annual charity softball tournament Sunday.

The 36-year-old quarterback decided last month he would return for one more season. Favre threw a career-worst 29 interceptions last season and the Packers went 4-12, the team's first losing season since he became its quarterback.