FIRST OFF, I WILL ADMIT, I AM A FAVRE APOLOGIST. My downstairs is filled with well over 1G of Brett Favre memorabilla. When he sucked in early years I got into vehement arguments with my moron inlaws who thought he should be benched and had no potential. I had the vision to see the talent.

That being said, Brett Favre still has that physical talent. He's not quite as fast, but the arm is still there and he can still lead a team to the Super Bowl. He just can't carry a team anymore.

The one thing I truly believe is that Brett Favre still has the desire to play the game. Yes, he was beaten down mentally after last year.........but he still has the desire and has been hinting/pleading to TT to give him an excuse to come back. The Turtle is clearly going another route and is not going to spend money to get proven talent in Green Bay at a time when it's frankly a struggle to get proven talent to the Packers without giving fair market value or slightly more.

This is all incredibly frustrating to think. Going into Free Agency, I thought at bare minimum Ted Thompson would sign one legitimate starting LB to a long term deal...such as Will Witherspoon or David Thornton, I figured TT would either resign Flanagan or sign a starting Center. I figured TT would sign a legitimate starting OG and then let the other yahoos fight it out and hopefully one would of them would become solid. I figured TT would add a Safety, which he did, and also a CB.

The Turtle has come far short of my expectations, and it's clear he's come short of what Brett Favre was hoping to see based on his references.

Brett Favre wants to play IMO, but he wants to play for a team with a chance to win it all. If he does that he will continue to enjoy the game.

SLAP me up if you want, but it's in Brett Favre's best interests to go and play for another football team.

I want to see Favre go out a winner, and to do so he now needs to be surrounded with talent. If he has one to two years left, I have lost confidence that Ted Thompson will feel the urgency to do this.

There are great QB's who have ended their careers elsewhere. Joe Montana comes to mind. I want Brett Favre to go out a winner; if not with Green Bay than with another team.