OK, I know it is over half way; but we have two games in the can, two more to go. So lets discuss what has changed from the start of camp to now. What did we think (or hope) that looks like it might not pan out.

I'll start with a couple:

1. Giacomini has not progressed as much as we hoped, or in some cases were lead to believe. Can't seem to transfer practice performance to game situations. Probably succeeds in practice going against guys he knows well and can anticipate, but doesn't have the reactions necessary (physical/mental/intuitive) to succeed week after week against different players.

2. Barbre was a nice try, with athletic ability that made him worth the risk. But the experiment is probably over. (OK, maybe we all suspected this; but some of us held out hope that this would be the year he could put it together. We were wrong.)

3. Newhouse isn't as ready as we may have hoped.

4. Was Lang a flash in the pan? He seems to be spinning his wheels this year for some reason. Some thought he would push Tauscher (or even Colledge) for a starting position. I will hold off judgment on this one, hoping it is just rust from inactivity due to off-season surgery, combined perhaps with a bit of a sophmore slump.

5. In view of #s 1-4, the O-line may not have the depth we hoped for or thought might exist this year.

6. In spite of pre-season hype, the RB situation is not improved to any significant extent.

7. Morgan Burnett certainly looks like a good choice, but might not be as ready to step in and excel as it looked like he was during practices in shorts.

8. Somewhat contrary to pre-camp reports (and early camp reports) Underwood may be better than last year, but isn't ready to start yet, and may not be all that great yet as a nickel back. Tramon Williams is no Charles Woodson, but is still a big step ahead of the likes of Underwood and Lee at this point.

9. The annual Desmond Bishop hype is showing itself more this year as the hype it is. He's not even playing all that well in preseason, perhaps because he is playing more against #1s and #2s than against #2s and #3s.

10. CJ Wilson isn't as ready as some suggested he might be. Maybe a contributor in the future, but we shouldn't expect too much this year.

11. Justin Harrell will be given every opportunity to make this team and absent an injury will not be any early cut, because without Johnny Jolly, the Packers need Harrell.

Feel free to add to the list, or comment on mine.