http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ushing-record/

Greg Jennings wants Adrian Peterson to break rushing record

Posted by Mike Florio on December 18, 2012, 9:54 AM EST

AP
In a move that will be regarded by some Packers fans as evidence of dogs and cats living together, Green Bay receiver Greg Jennings says that he actually wants Vikings running back Adrian Peterson to break Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record of 2,105 yards.

Given that Peterson would need two fewer yards than his own single-game record of 296 to accomplish that feat against the Texans in Week 16, Jennings necessarily wants Peterson to break it against the Packers in Week 17.

”I want him to do it,” Jennings told Dan Patrick on Tuesday morning. “It’s impressive to see a player dominate like that. . . . It’s almost devastating if he gets that close and doesn’t get it.”

Of course, it would be more devastating if Peterson puts up a record-breaking performance as part of a Vikings win over the Packers that costs Green Bay a possible bye week and forces them to host the No. 6 seed in the wild-card round and travel to San Francisco for the next wave of the postseason.

But with Jennings’ contract expiring and no indication that the Packers are trying to keep him around, it could be that Jennings is starting to emotionally disconnect from the Green Bay franchise — and the fierce rivalries that go along with it.

I want no Viking to set any record at any time, especially against the Packers!!

Packer D I'm sure has a different view than Greg as well.

WTF

No place in the game for this type of thing. Grab the pitchforks and torches!