Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
I'm not buying that these days. It might be true that people who identify as Christian may still skew slightly conservative, and certainly certain segments are firmly conservative due to their religious beliefs, but I don't think "Christians" are the conservative well they used to be. I would expect a pretty even political smattering across the Christian spectrum if I wasn't too lazy to look it up. Especially if you count black people, which apparently we have been forced to do by our Federal slave masters. Ishmeal also seems to forget that there are many a "devout" Catholic democrat as well, but then again, that's kind of exactly the problem with ignorant stereotyping I guess.
Baptist blacks are highly conservative. Still, they all voted for Obama, because after careful dissection of all the issues, they felt Obama most accurately reflected their core values. Half of Catholics voted for Obama. That's because they feel that abortion - though opposed by the church - is a woman's right that the State should not take away, and that contraceptives are a right that the State should provide. Wait, was I talking about conservative Catholics? I'm confused.