Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
Maybe so, but he couldn't even get active ahead of Boykin. Maybe he was marginally better than Boykin, but the excuse that he was only left out because "there was no reason to change it," rings hollow. The "reason" should have been that he was clearly the better option. That is why I am tempering my expectations.
I'm not expecting him to be anything more than Boykin. He certainly wasn't going to unseat Adams for #3 WR, last year, nor will he this year.

I think the point was they had a rotation that didn't include Boykin or any 4th WR much at all, and that is what was working that they were unwilling to change just to give Janis some playing time. They were comfortable with Boykin in his role on STs, so again, no reason to change.

What would have been interesting is if Nelson, Cobb or Adams had missed games late in the year. Would it have been Boykin or Janis moving into the 3rd WR role?

This year he is fighting for the #5 spot, which absent injuries will likely be inactive a good part of the time. I expect Montgomery to get the #4 spot by default because he will be returning kicks.