Thread: Fort McMurray, ALTA devastated by raging wildfire, officials say it could get worse.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fort McMurray, ALTA devastated by raging wildfire, officials say it could get worse.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fort-mcmur...100024848.html

Fort McMurray devastated by raging wildfire, officials say it could get worse

" A wildfire that is raging in the northern Alberta oilsands city of Fort McMurray has now destroyed 80 per cent of the homes in one neighbourhood and extensively damaged property in a number of others. "

For too many everything they worked their lives for is gone. They do have the rest of their lives to rebuild and they will.

The Canadian Press

May 4, 2016

Comment woodbuck27:

This is the greatest natural disaster (I believe) in our Nation's history. Many people have lost their homes to this fire and are only left with a vehicle and the cloths on their backs. The entire city of Fort McMurray (Pop, > 80K) has been evacuated. The logistics involved in doing so is incredible in terms of the challenge.

The entire nation will pull together over this disaster. Fire fighters are working even through their time off and are exhausted. They managed to extinguish all the fires in Fort McMurray. There have been no lives lost.

" Fire Chief Darby Allen said they have requested military assistance and expect the army and air force will start sending out troops within a couple of days.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted late Tuesday that he had spoken to Alberta Premier Rachel Notley and offered his government's support. "
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-04-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau