Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo- Packers vs. Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I thought Kevin King had a good game. Stokes too.
    Agreed, again.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Gary, minus the injury, is out-playing Z.

He's far more disciplined and is constantly near the QB, ball carrier.

Z washes himself out of plays consistently.
    Agreed. Gary is playing better than the 2020 Big Z. Not as good as the 2019 Big Z.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Dillon has been out playing Jones. We might be better in the short term. But NFL seasons are hard on running backs. Having both kept them both fresh.

If Dillon stays healthy we won’t miss Jones that much.
    I wouldn't say outplaying. Stats are comparable. Jones is so top notch in pass protection. We are going to lose something. When Dillon's not in the game, there's a big drop off to Patrick Taylor.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Stokes is so good for a rookie CB. He's like a fly strip. The two safeties are playing really well also. King has put together back-to-back good games.

Forever there were problems at the back end, communication or what ever.

Those problems are gone in the secondary. Players know what their job and assignments are.

Granted the pass rush is helping things but they are really playing well.

Another thing: these DB's TACKLE. They don't allow much for YAC.

It seems to be an MCL for Aaron Jones - not terrible news, usually a few weeks. Great if we can get him back for the playoffs.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Holy shit that's great news tex. Not only for 2021, but 2022 also!

MCL's are 6 week recovery times.

Depends on severity of sprain. Jennings had one in 2011 and missed, what, three games. Granted, he wasn't quite the same when he returned in the NFCCG. Oh wait, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    MCL's are 6 week recovery times.
    Articles I’ve read said Jones has had sprained MCL twice and missed 2 games one time and 3 games the other.

PFF College Football
    @PFF_College

Eric Stokes Jr vs the Seahawks today
    �� 47 Coverage Snaps
    �� 4 Targets
    �� 0 Receptions
    �� 0 Yards
    Stokes not getting much press nationally. Understandably, he's being overshadowed by what Diggs and Parsons are doing in Dallas as rookies. But really he's probably been better than Alexander was as a rookie.

Edit: Diggs not a rookie. 2nd year guy.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 11-15-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

It sounds like Stokes is going to be a stud. How the heck was a player like that available at the bottom of R1?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    It sounds like Stokes is going to be a stud. How the heck was a player like that available at the bottom of R1?
    One knock on him was he tended to get grabby at top of routes. He's probably fortunate to have Jerry Gray as his position coach.

Blog Entries

He was considered to be really raw; great top line speed but I think a lot of scouting reports noted he didn't have good ball skills in coverage. But he looks good to me as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

MRI revealed that Packers’ RB Aaron Jones has “a mild” MCL sprain and he is expected to be out 1-2 weeks, per source.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    He was considered to be really raw;
    I don't think that was an issue. Dude had three years of experience going up against NFL talent in the SEC (two years starting). Ball skills were, and still are, questionable. The people that liked him saw his stickiness. Some downgraded him for being grabby, but I didn't see that as a huge problem. The guy on the other side of him, Tyson Campbell, definitely was overly grabby.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't think that was an issue. Dude had three years of experience going up against NFL talent in the SEC (two years starting). Ball skills were, and still are, questionable. The people that liked him saw his stickiness. Some downgraded him for being grabby, but I didn't see that as a huge problem. The guy on the other side of him, Tyson Campbell, definitely was overly grabby.
    Am I wrong or is he _very_ good right now? Like maybe not Jaire good, but like a legit number 1 that you're comfortable with?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Awesome news indeed!

Am I wrong or is he _very_ good right now? Like maybe not Jaire good, but like a legit number 1 that you're comfortable with?
    I think he's a really good #2 already. I'm not ready to give him legit #1 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Let him rest all the way through the bye... Should be ready to go come Dec.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!