Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Paul Bretl
    @Paul_Bretl

Packers pass game coordinator Derek Ansley on Jaire Alexander:

That sounds good, like Alexander is really putting in the work and is re-energized for the season. However, this time of year it might just be a "best shape of his career" variant.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

The Packers also paid his $8M roster bonus in March. That was a signal they were invested in him as a Packer and he needed to step up.

I think Barry being shown the door was re-energizing for Jaire.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of guys in the lockerroom were more than ready to move on from Joe.

Jaire has another massive issue that should re-energize him. His cap hit is ~ $24M, $26M and $28M over the next 3 seasons. His dead money hit is ~ $35.5M, $19M and $11M over the same 3 seasons. He hasn't played anywhere near an elite enough level to justify his massive contract for years now. He also hasn't been able to stay on the field regularly. We can't possibly afford to walk away from him this year, but it gets significantly easier in each of the next 2 years.

Ideally he just gets back to being worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    The Packers also paid his $8M roster bonus in March. That was a signal they were invested in him as a Packer and he needed to step up.
    With a $35M dead money cap hit this year, I don't read too much in them paying Jaire the roster bonus. With Bakh already counting for $19.1M in dead money this year, realeasing or trading Jaire isn't yet a realistic option - in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think he likes being viewed as "the man". With Douglas gone and everyone being younger than him gives him a wise old veteran feeling. The kids are looking up.to him and he loves it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

It's a huge year for Jaire. His cap hit jumps to 23 million in 2024 and will be 25 and 27 million in 2025 and 2026. Starting in 2025 the Packers would save money on the cap by moving him. He needs to be an elite player to justify paying that salary.

OTA's start today. First media access tomorrow. Imagine most of the focus will be on defense, because that's where the most changes are.

It's a huge year for Jaire. His cap hit jumps to 23 million in 2024 and will be 25 and 27 million in 2025 and 2026. Starting in 2025 the Packers would save money on the cap by moving him. He needs to be an elite player to justify paying that salary.
    My bet is he blows this season. He has skipped most of the "dominant shutdown corner" part of his career and is transforming into the old guy who talks about how he was a dominant shut down corner. It works well for Woodson because....well, he actually was for 6-8 years. Jaire had a nice 10 game run at one point to land a contract. In his mind, his work is done and he is ready to impart all of his wisdom on to the young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    My bet is he blows this season. He has skipped most of the "dominant shutdown corner" part of his career and is transforming into the old guy who talks about how he was a dominant shut down corner. It works well for Woodson because....well, he actually was for 6-8 years. Jaire had a nice 10 game run at one point to land a contract. In his mind, his work is done and he is ready to impart all of his wisdom on to the young guys.
    He's still only 27. The last 2 seasons he's been healthy (2020 & 2022) he was 2nd team all-pro and allowed a passing rating in the 60's. He's still young enough to get back to that level. Health is the key.

I’ve been to practice. Jaire is a tireless worker. He’s always off doing something productive with down time when other guys are standing around. He grinds. I think the opinion on his football character thats come up lately is way off base.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

He's still only 27. The last 2 seasons he's been healthy (2020 & 2022) he was 2nd team all-pro and allowed a passing rating in the 60's. He's still young enough to get back to that level. Health is the key.
    correction. Health AND attitude are the keys

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’ve been to practice. Jaire is a tireless worker. He’s always off doing something productive with down time when other guys are standing around. He grinds. I think the opinion on his football character thats come up lately is way off base.
    I hope so. For the most part he has acted like a guy wearing a polka dot tie. He has been a total douche in many ways. Of course T.O. was a douche in many ways but also a relentless worker so I hope you are right.

correction. Health AND attitude are the keys
    Agreed, but I think with Barry gone, his attitude will be fine.

I see we already have another hamstring injury at OTA’s: Josh Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I see we already have another hamstring injury at OTA’s: Josh Jacobs
    Tom and Kraft with pec injuries is probably a greater concern. A very unverified source has indicated that they were working with the same s/c trainer.

Pec is the new hamstring (or in addition to it).

I've viewed pec tears as one of them things guys on The Juice just can't stop themselves from doing.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

The old guy who talks about how he was a dominant shut down corner? Are you getting Jaire confused with APB? Only ONE of them shut down Darren Charles, y’know.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack