View Poll Results: WHAT IS MORE LIKELY ???

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • THE PACKERS MISS THE PLAYOFFS

12 44.44%
  • THE PACKERS MAKE THE SUPER BOWL

15 55.56%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WHAT IS MORE LIKELY ???

Odds in Vegas to reach SB ~ +800
    Odds in Vegas to not make the playoffs ~ +160

Clearly better odds to not make the postseason, which is why the bet wouldn’t pay out as much. Anyone who thinks the better chance is to make the Super Bowl doesn’t understand math. Admitting the obvious is not the same as stating the Packers can’t make the SB.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post

Clearly better odds to not make the postseason, which is why the bet wouldn’t pay out as much. Anyone who thinks the better chance is to make the Super Bowl doesn’t understand math. Admitting the obvious is not the same as stating the Packers can’t make the SB.
    Just because you're right, and I've known that from the start, doesn't mean I'm going to change my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't think those people are saying it's likely the Packers will miss the playoffs. They are saying that missing the playoffs is more likely than making it to the Super Bowl. I would guess most of them think the Packers will make the playoffs.
    As I stated, if it's 90-95% likely we make the playoffs/5-10% we don't - as certainly seems realistic, then if there's even a 10% or so chance of going to the SB - also very realistic, then that choice is more.

That 34.8% to make the playoffs is just idiotic with the quality of this team.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    That 34.8% to make the playoffs is just idiotic with the quality of this team.
    Injuries will always be a part of the game. Jets fans had your confidence last year Tex. After one series, their season was over. That is why no team is 90% to make the playoffs.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Yeah, grasp at that straw hahahahahahahahahahaha.

The Jets last season weren't even close quality-wise to this year's Packers. As for the prospect of Love getting hurt, first of all, Clifford is pretty damn good so we might make the playoffs anyway, and if we didn't, I said 90-95% we make the playoffs. Love getting hurt or a huge amount of injuries in general is pretty much what makes the 5-10% we don't. I suppose the usual suspects might see that otherwise, but then they're probably dumbasses in a lot of other ways too. If the shoe fits .......

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post

Obviously the actual numbers will favor missing the playoffs. Bretsky’s question isn’t that. It is about what you believe. Sad to see so many have lost the magic so soon after last season.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Obviously the actual numbers will favor missing the playoffs. Bretsky’s question isn’t that. It is about what you believe. Sad to see so many have lost the magic so soon after last season.
    Fire Half-Assley!

Fire The Flower!

He's lost control of the team!

Guter must go!

Gotta get warmed up here. Season's coming.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    See that’s the spirit. The crying shouldn’t start until halftime of the first game.

Blog Entries
    Phily loses a home game and instead GB plays them in another country

The Packers play ZERO teams after they have their bye week.

Stars Aligning; Super Bowl or Bust !!! haha
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The poll never asked anyone what they "believe", it specifically asks: what's more likely to happen:

I personally think the Packers make the playoffs. But that is not what the poll asked....

hahahahaha explain please how what you would say is more likely is different from what you think or believe will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahaha explain please how what you would say is more likely is different from what you think or believe will happen.
    Belief makes you think reality is different from actual probabilities. That's what belief is all about.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries
    So you believe the Packers are probably not going to make the playoffs, based on the odds.

Fucking Bretsky, you did good on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Belief makes you think reality is different from actual probabilities. That's what belief is all about.
    And what is "probability" other than some dumbass's belief about what the chance of something is hahahahaha.

I'm changing my vote. Packers are about to run off 3 in a row. It might be more, but lets start with 3 and see how many FAs we lose after that.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

So you believe the Packers are probably not going to make the playoffs, based on the odds.

Fucking Bretsky, you did good on this one!
    You can believe the Packers are likely to make the playoffs, but still think the chance of making the Superbowl is lower than the chance of missing the playoffs.

Say the chance if making the playoffs is 60% and the chance of making the Superbowl is 30%. It's more likely they miss the playoffs than make the Superbowl, but it's still more likely they make the playoffs than miss.l the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    You can believe the Packers are likely to make the playoffs, but still think the chance of making the Superbowl is lower than the chance of missing the playoffs.

Say the chance if making the playoffs is 60% and the chance of making the Superbowl is 30%. It's more likely they miss the playoffs than make the Superbowl, but it's still more likely they make the playoffs than miss.l the playoffs.
    Professor Sharpe. Fuck you with that logic stuff. You forgot to conclude with my favorite saying when something is so simple ("math is hard")

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Professor Sharpe. Fuck you with that logic stuff. You forgot to conclude with my favorite saying when something is so simple ("math is hard")
    I am a fan not a professor. Plenty of fans smarter than me

It is more likely that the Packers will make the Super Bowl than miss the playoffs because The Bears Still Suck! Go Pack Go!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I am a fan not a professor. Plenty of fans smarter than me
    but math is still hard.