Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: PREDICT JORDAN LOVE'S NEXT CONTRACT

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Now Love has to reset the market. There's no way he's going to take less than Lawrence.
    There’s no way he should receive more than Burrows and Lawrence. This should be the ceiling for his new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    There’s no way he should receive more than Burrows and Lawrence. This should be the ceiling for his new contract.
    Lawrence should be the ceiling? His passer rating and QBR were 21st and 18th last year, and those numbers were pretty typical for his career. Love struggled with an inexperienced group of receivers for half a season last year and still put up better numbers than Lawrence.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Might as well call Lawrence the next Josh Allen with a wig. Big arm and choking style are the same. Seems like his brain overloads at the worst moments. He has 5 career tackles in 3 seasons. Bet those are pick6s he stopped. He has thrown 21 more TDs than Love but that is two years worth.

If I was Love I might just hold off. Start the season hot then tear the front office a new one with big money demands.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Why can’t I get this stoned???

Burrows I can at least understand but Lawrence isn’t even a factor IMUO. I believe the way you grow or raise things in this world has a lot to do with quality. Rushed job get rushed results and so on. Both your example got thrown in right away. It worked better for one than the other. Now Joey is damaged goods and didn’t even finish last season. How can you compare that to a young and exciting quarterback that almost knocked off the Super Bowl runner-up in his first postseason. Actually did beat the Super Bowl winner in the season. Most would agree those things don’t happen if it was Love’s true rookie season.

Like wine or aged whiskey he got better waiting for his moment. The Packers have grown strong roots investing in him that are now in full bloom. He is going to get more $$ so be ready cuz it might be a shitload more.

Yep. Seeing Lawrence…. I’m with you guys now. He’s resetting the market.

Mad, I don’t know if you listen to the lockerroom interviews, but Love has an undeniable excitement that he’s trying to hide when he talks about the contract. It looks like it’s pretty much done.

And this Lawrence thing isn’t some sort of surprise to LOVE or his agent. They all talk and know what the other is doing. They help each other drive up prices.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Getting off the clown car huh?

Dude I think he is just excited about everything. Confidence levels are high and he really wants to show the world what he’s got. Has to be looking forward to showing he is worth it and maybe more.

PS I capitalized his name for you. Get it right pinche culero!!

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Yep. Seeing Lawrence…. I’m with you guys now. He’s resetting the market.

Mad, I don’t know if you listen to the lockerroom interviews, but Love has an undeniable excitement that he’s trying to hide when he talks about the contract. It looks like it’s pretty much done.

And this Lawrence thing isn’t some sort of surprise to LOVE or his agent. They all talk and know what the other is doing. They help each other drive up prices.
    Well, you'd be excited too if the absolute floor for your next contract was 4 years, $212M with $150M guaranteed. With the Lawrence signing, I expect it to be more like 4/224 with 180 guaranteed. Every time another QB signs, Love's price goes up. There's no sanity in this market when a middling QB like Lawrence can get top dollar.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Lawrence should be the ceiling? His passer rating and QBR were 21st and 18th last year, and those numbers were pretty typical for his career. Love struggled with an inexperienced group of receivers for half a season last year and still put up better numbers than Lawrence.
    Love looked really bad for about 3 years, the showed promise, then had a really bad half season and a really good half season. Lawrence was the 1st pick in the draft. I hated the TL contact. I have a feeling when Love signs it'll be a foregone conclusion to losing some big time talent. Gooters and Ball IMO and fighting hard to not break the bank
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    How did he look bad if he wasn’t even starting?????

A game is when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Getting off the clown car huh?

Dude I think he is just excited about everything. Confidence levels are high and he really wants to show the world what he’s got. Has to be looking forward to showing he is worth it and maybe more.

PS I capitalized his name for you. Get it right pinche culero!!
    Nah. I watched the clip twice - he doesn't like talking about the contract, at all, but he has this playful smile when the reporters ask if he's heard anything about progress. Then the reporters see that, and ask him if a contract will be done soon, and he just smiles, trying hard not to break out in a grin.

I think it's almost done. Of course the last few details are usually the ones that hold it all up. But I think the outline of the deal is done, at least.

Then it's Kenny Clark's turn, and then let's just talk training camp football!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    What are you saying Nah to? That his confidence is high or how he is excited about everything because life is a dream right now?

This is Lombardi Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    What are you saying Nah to? That his confidence is high or how he is excited about everything because life is a dream right now?

This is Lombardi Ave.
    You’re trying to attribute his excitement to factors other than the looming contract. I’m saying his smiles were about the possibility that his contract is j-u-s-t about done.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shareholders meeting is first day of training camp, wouldn't be shocked if the deal is done right around that time so Murphy can announce it.

Even meh starting QBs get paid a LOT of money - Baker Mayfield, Daniel Jones, etc. You need a QB to win, I wonder if there's some pendulum in swing or if this is just an ever increasing hill climb. Unless they change the passing game rules, I think it's the latter. At some point QB contracts are going to be very tough for teams to manage... a "stars and scrubs" situation.

As it is, paying Jordan $55M a year is easily doable if you have a lot of other cheap contracts and don't overcook your cap.

Good Post, run pMc. I gave my projection on the first page of this thread and haven't posted about it since then. Yes, $55 million a year is very doable, and with the great current cap situation, the Packers wouldn't even need to overcook things.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The biggest problem isn't paying Love $55M per year to play QB for the Packers. It's paying him $40M+ per year if he's not playing for the Packers, either through injury or sucking.

Not that they have much of a choice. You still do the deal and hope you got it right

I heard the deal is already done, but the delay is because the Packers can't find enough dump trucks to rent for the trip from Lambeau to Love's house.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You’re trying to attribute his excitement to factors other than the looming contract. I’m saying his smiles were about the possibility that his contract is j-u-s-t about done.
    No more than you are attributing them to his contract.

It’s hard for you people to understand since you tend to be … less emotional. In my world you celebrate all successes big or small (accordingly). Shit, you see what we do for a kids bday party .

I once knew how it felt for everything to be coming up roses and yeah I did smile a lot then. It was a wonderful time that I will look back on always. But considering the stuff that happened when he was a teen, today will likely be a somber one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Shareholders meeting is first day of training camp, wouldn't be shocked if the deal is done right around that time so Murphy can announce it.

Even meh starting QBs get paid a LOT of money - Baker Mayfield, Daniel Jones, etc. You need a QB to win, I wonder if there's some pendulum in swing or if this is just an ever increasing hill climb. Unless they change the passing game rules, I think it's the latter. At some point QB contracts are going to be very tough for teams to manage... a "stars and scrubs" situation.

As it is, paying Jordan $55M a year is easily doable if you have a lot of other cheap contracts and don't overcook your cap.
    Thats the spirit!! If Pack don’t pay Love they are going to have to pay someone else. Why would anyone even consider not locking him down for bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    The biggest problem isn't paying Love $55M per year to play QB for the Packers. It's paying him $40M+ per year if he's not playing for the Packers, either through injury or sucking.

Not that they have much of a choice. You still do the deal and hope you got it right
    That may be the biggest problem, but the other problem is that, like many teams paying big $$$ to a QB, you really do end up in a "star and scrubs" situation, or at least a "star and newbies." Right now it's all cool because Guter has drafted well the last couple drafts, maybe a few if this year's works out, so you have all these seemingly talented guys on the upswing and on cheap contracts. Once you give your QB such a large hunk of the salary cap, then you have to keep drafting great, over and over, so you have a new set of talented, good players around that QB because you can't afford to pay anyone else. So it's all good but only IF Gute-head can constantly draft well, every year, because once the contracts for the receivers start coming up, and the tight ends Musgrave and Kraft, and the young offensive linemen like Zach Tom, you won't be able to keep many of those guys at all.

KYPack

That, of course, is why the cap keeps going up and up and up, and by the time you reach the 4th and 5th years of contracts, what seemed outlandish doesn't seem like that much - unless, of course, the guy flops or gets hurt too much. Everybody faces that situation, and the ones doing what it takes to keep great QBs generally come out ahead.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?