View Poll Results: If you were an upcoming NFL Quaterback, whose career would you rather have ???

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eli Manning

2 25.00%
  • Erin Rodgers

6 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WHOSE CAREER WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE IF YOU WERE A QB ???

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Butte might be cocky as fuck, but let’s not forget that Manning reeked of the entitled prick for refusing to play for the Chargerings.
    There's no rule against what he did. It's easy to judge from the couch when it's not your career.

I like him, but I also don't want to judge him too harshly for doing what he thought was best for his career. It proved to be the right decision, afterall.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I voted ARod.

He had the better career. Manning has 1 more ring but only 1 more and he played like horseshit in one of the wins. If it wasn’t for the helmet catch both have 1 ring.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If Kurt Warner is a HoF'er, Eli Manning certainly is.
    You may be right. I never thought Warner should have been in the HOF. He had 5 outstanding seasons out of 12. People loved the rags to riches story.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You may be right. I never thought Warner should have been in the HOF. He had 5 outstanding seasons out of 12. People loved the rags to riches story.
    Trophies for everyone!

The first championship would mean the most to me. Having consistently great teams that I was a big part of would also be important.

Rodgers for me.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Kurt Warner is one of my prime examples of players who shouldn’t be in the HOF. He gets injuried and the next guy steps right into the “greatest show on turf” and they don’t miss a beat. Arizona was a bigger accomplishment in my mind.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Is Rodger’s the better QB? Absolutely.

Giants fans weren’t relieved just to get Eli out of their locker room. For all Aaron’s greatness you don’t see any Packer fan jealousy over the Jets and their fans getting to deal with all the baggage that he brings with him. This week is a prime example.

Most people don’t aspire to have that kind of career legacy.

Ok - I think I just rethought myself into Aaron’s camp. Too late to change my vote. The qualifier in the poll question was “if you were an upcoming NFL QB”. That is a tiny subset of society at large, and those young adults with $$$$ in their eyes probably won’t look any further than Aaron’s superior arm talent.

I mean if its etched in stone, I'll take Eli and the extra trophy, but if you are just talking the player its Rodgers in a no brainer. All things equal Rodgers was/is a much better QB.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will Rodgers be remembered at all by non Packers fans in 10 years?

Butte might be cocky as fuck, but let’s not forget that Manning reeked of the entitled prick for refusing to play for the Chargerings.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    There's no rule against what he did. It's easy to judge from the couch when it's not your career.

I like him, but I also don't want to judge him too harshly for doing what he thought was best for his career. It proved to be the right decision, afterall.
    Agreed. I don't see what Manning did as anymore "prickish" than opting for free agency when your contract expires. If you don't want to play for the team that holds your rights, get out whenever you can.

John Elway was drafted by the Colts and refused to play for them, saying he would play pro baseball instead. Most people assumed it was an idle threat, but he had played baseball at Stanford too, and had been drafted by the Yankees. I believe he played a minor league season for them. The Colts and Elway haggled a long time before the Colts traded his rights to the Broncos.

Bruce Clark refused to play for Green Bay. Green Bay refused to trade his rights, so he went to Canada. Lots of NBA and NHL draftees have forced trades.

I would take Rodgers' career to Manning's career by a current factor of 263,000,000 for Rodgers' career to 252,000,000 for Manning's career.

I would take Rodgers' career to Manning's career by a current factor of 263,000,000 for Rodgers' career to 252,000,000 for Manning's career.
    I'd look at it from a how much per year, but also agree with this perspective.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I met him, trust me there is no limit to how low he will go.

And very proud of it )))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who do you think can earn more after retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Who do you think can earn more after retiring?
    Eli.

I don't understand the thinking that Eli Manning is a HOF QB. He was good but not great. That he won 2 SBs is nice, but I don't think anyone has illusions about the role the NYG defense played. Their front 4 was a wrecking crew.
    They played the same team (NE) twice which makes me think it's a matchup thing (like how SF is a bad matchup for GB).

Just winning a SB or two when you are a supporting cast member should not get you into the HOF, or there would be dozens of other candidates.

it's the same as Matthew Stafford being a HOF QB. He won a SB, but his DET stats were padded by being on terrible teams and needing to chuck the ball all over the yard. Sean McVay, Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp won him that SB ring.

The two SB rings are nice, but Manning doesn't have the numbers or highlights of Rodgers. I'd take Rodgers football playing career. He'll be a shoo-in for HOF unless he continues to jerk his way into annoying the voting sportswriters into not voting him first year (unlikely).

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Actually, there’s a rule; E-Mann’s rights belonged to the team that drafted him. Sure, he could’ve quit football. He did not. He simply didn’t want to be a Chargering.

Had P-Mann played for, say, the Queens at that time, E-Mann woulda embraced playing in San Diego. A-Mann did not want his two sons competing in the same conference. Entitlement at its finest.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Actually, there’s a rule; E-Mann’s rights belonged to the team that drafted him. Sure, he could’ve quit football. He did not. He simply didn’t want to be a Chargering.

Had P-Mann played for, say, the Queens at that time, E-Mann woulda embraced playing in San Diego. A-Mann did not want his two sons competing in the same conference. Entitlement at its finest.
    He didn't break that rule.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    He didn't break that rule.
    Ain’t made him any less of an entitled prick.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.