Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yeah, it feels like GB got the better of the trade. I don't miss the McAfee nonsense and all his offseason weirdness. Oh, and the on-field body language. The TV coverage would go to Rodgers every time for a reaction to a play. Was annoying after a while.

Maybe he feels like he doesn't get anything out of minicamp practices, but I'd think his teammates would. Agree the media and fans will not be nearly as kind to him this year, especially if he doesn't play well.

Meh, he's a distraction and a hypocrite, but he's also someone else's problem. Without him GB feels like it's out from under a shadow, and a fun team to root for again.
    Agree here, for sure. And I do think the Packers got the better of that trade. I don't miss any of Rodgers's antics.

I also wonder - forum clown that I am - if, as incredible as Rodgers's arm was and his ability to see the whole field (even if he didn't want to throw into the middle of it), he didn't, in some ways, drag the Packers down. Once it became the "Aaron Show and Nobody Else," not entirely through Rodgers's fault, the team always seemed to be waiting for him to do something or to tell them what to do. The offense seemed, often, to get bogged down. There was no rhythm to the offense, at all. Just bogged down play after bogged down play, then Rodgers throwing a strike to Adams for the first down, then rinse and repeat until the whole thing got bogged down near the red zone. Not all his doing, as I said - but some of it was, with the eye-rolling and the Mason-level mystery signals at the line of scrimmage.

Now the whole team seems to be taking responsibility. Like, it's a team again, and not Aaron-Rodgers-and-everybody-else.

I don't know how long that will last, but I am enjoying rooting for this version of the Packers more than the last four or so years of Rodgers here, MVP's and all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Great player. Great analogy. Legendary diva.

How many rings did that guy win?
    As many as your boi, John Stockton, won, I think.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stockton did do what Iverson did and more. Made it the Finals many times but never won. Taking out the Lakers many times to get there. Same Lakers that later 4-1ed Iverson in the Finals. Malone and him just happen to have to play against some of the greatest teams in NBA history.

For Tank:

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yeah, it feels like GB got the better of the trade. I don't miss the McAfee nonsense and all his offseason weirdness. Oh, and the on-field body language. The TV coverage would go to Rodgers every time for a reaction to a play. Was annoying after a while.

Maybe he feels like he doesn't get anything out of minicamp practices, but I'd think his teammates would. Agree the media and fans will not be nearly as kind to him this year, especially if he doesn't play well.

Meh, he's a distraction and a hypocrite, but he's also someone else's problem. Without him GB feels like it's out from under a shadow, and a fun team to root for again.
    Honestly I wouldn't care if he went to the roof of the chrysler building and swung his junk in the wind if he would win in the playoffs. And although its not all his fault, he didn't play his best under the brightest lights. The fact that we were suffering disappointing season enders every year is why I was glad to move on. The rest is just noise. If the Jests win the Owl this year I bet Saleh doesn't care if Erin decided the hookah lounge was more important than camp.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Dude made a lot of great throws by extending plays as a 30 year old running away from 25 year olds. It’s a little different as a 40 year old running away from 25 year olds.
    The same applies in reverse when its a 30 year old bobble chasing 25 year old hotties vs. a 40 year old bobble doing the same.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The same applies in reverse when its a 30 year old bobble chasing 25 year old hotties vs. a 40 year old bobble doing the same.
    There's a huge cringe factor for just one of these examples.

I dunno. Depends on what Bobble looks like and how much money he’s got. I have a very wealthy, recently divorced cousin who is 51 years old but looks great and works out all the time. Good looking guy. He’s got 35-year-old hot, hot milfs sending him nudes all the time. They all want him to A) fuck their brains out, and B) be the (very wealthy) daddy to their kids.

So maybe Bobble’s set up for that same level of success, if you want to call it that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    As many as your boi, John Stockton, won, I think.

Not much of a fan of him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I dunno. Depends on what Bobble looks like and how much money he’s got. I have a very wealthy, recently divorced cousin who is 51 years old but looks great and works out all the time. Good looking guy. He’s got 35-year-old hot, hot milfs sending him nudes all the time. They all want him to A) fuck their brains out, and B) be the (very wealthy) daddy to their kids.
    Or he's being catfished.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

So maybe Bobble’s set up for that same level of success, if you want to call it that.
    There's an important difference between chasing and being chased.

Not much of a fan of him anymore.
    Why is that? I don't keep up on basketball, so I don't know if something's changed with Stockton, or if you're just evaluating him differently than you used to.

KYPack