Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs Colts

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Quay needds to be playing the Will, not inside.
    Problem is I think they drafted Cooper to play will.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    the third down conversions were impressive. I was glad to see he didn't hold onto the ball -- big knocks against him are a high sack-to-pressure percentage, and high average time to throw. I was hoping MLF would give him easy reads and it seemed like he did. His arm is strong enough to make throws to the outside -- seemed like quick outs were a thing -- so if the corners are playing off that should be easy yards.
    His 2.53 secs ave in the Colts game is not high. Last years league average was 2.80

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Stud:

1st half MLF for a great game plan

Dud:

2nd half MLF for almost losing the game with his game plan.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    His 2.53 secs ave in the Colts game is not high. Last years league average was 2.80
    Agree it's not high... but historically Willis has held the ball for 3+ seconds. My point was having him get rid of it in 2.5 is very good, much faster than normal for him.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Agree it's not high... but historically Willis has held the ball for 3+ seconds. My point was having him get rid of it in 2.5 is very good, much faster than normal for him.
    Gotcha, you were referring to his past play. Honestly, that is a flaw of most rookie qb's. Seeing the D and processing reads is a learned skill that few college QB's are great at their first few year in the NFL.

Willis needs to work on speeding up the calls and getting the ball hiked before Myers pukes on it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I just realized no one has yet nominated Whelan for stud status. I know he only had the three punts, but he was perfect for us in those three plays. I can't speak to his holding, but I don't think he was the cause of the 45-yard miss.