Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
"We'll have a different offense this year because of a different coaching staff, but I expect some of our guys who were banged up to be back playing and I think that will help certainly quite a bit," Thompson said. "Like I said before, we were 4-12 for a lot of reasons. Part of the reason was my fault, and some of it was our players didn't play to their capability."

I wonder which part of 4-12 TT takes responsibility for?
He knows he did not handle the guard situation well. Being a man of few words, TT does not lay out a story. You have to piece it together from numerous comments. I did that with stories on the guards, and my conclusion is this:

1. TT would have liked to keep both, but with the salary cap situation he knew one was likely lost.

2. He tried to renegotiate Wahles deal, but Wahle and his agent decided to test FA.

3. The plan was to pursue Wahle to a point. If it exceeded that, go after Rivera.

4. They thought Rivera was the easier one to re-sign.

5. Wahle got too pricey, so the plan shifted to Rivera.

6. Wahle was lost.

7. Rivera also decided to see what he was worth in FA. The Packers still intended to re-sign him.

8. Dallas made an outrageous offer for Rivera, an aging guard with some injury questions.

9. At that point TT felt it was just too much money for a what Rivera had left, and what the Packers would have to do to free up enough cap space.

10. Knowing what Rivera got, TT would have preferred to keep Wahle at the contract he signed, but it was too late.