I'm with Zig on this one. TT was painted into a corner on Wahle and Rivera. In,fact, I wouldn't have blamed him if he didn't try to sign either player. He just didn't have any cards to play.

Where I fault TT is in his acquistions to shore up the guard position.

Klemm and O'Dwyer were both ridiculous FA signings. Klemm is a tackle, not a guard, as he so clumsily demonstrated last season. I live in the Cincy area & I assure you, Matt O'Dwyer was done after the '02 season. He was all played out in the league. Oh, he bumped around, but his days as effective player were over. TT and the Pack's league scouts should have known this. Hell, I knew it and I'm just a fan.

The rookie's were equally bad & I can't imagine why we didn't get a better crew of first year guys. Whittiker is one of the worst players in the starting line-up since Jon Michels in the late 90's. He has a little potential, but trying to field an NFL starting line-up with a guard like him was ridiculous.

The worst aspect of the whole deal is that it's one year later and we are virtually in the same position this year. If we go into '06 with NFLE guards, I'll join whatever "Hang Thompson" fan club forms on the Forum.

I still don't believe we haven't signed at least one vet OL in all of Free Agency. I know it ain't over yet, & the draft is coming up, but I'm nervous.