Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WR Jordy Nelson earning praise, laughs

You gotta be kidding me...we're fighting over Tank's ideas and he's not even here to start it...he'd be so proud of himself.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mission
    the guy caught _120-fakin-TWO!!!_ balls in major D1 football and plays lightning quick, not track star straight ...

schroeder had modest numbers at a school who recruited ("urged") me to play quarterback ... nuff said. i was no where close to any D1 recruiting radar ...

comparing the two makes my belly jiggle
    You must make your own belly jiggle then. Even if you compare them unfavorably (to Schroeder), you are still comparing them. You make a great point that Jordy outperformed Bill in college and at a much higher level of competition. It just seems premature to get heated up over what will happen in the pros. Lots of highly touted WRs from college went belly up in the pros. Schroeder was a marginal talent (just a guy), made to look a whole lot better given he was playing with Favre, and O-line and Ahman Green. When Sherman had a chance to revamp the offense, he was gone. I hope Nelson is a lot better, and his college creds suggest he will be. At the very least, I hope he doesn't look for a place to hook slide on the field after catching the ball, like our old pal B.S.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ever notice how a white WR can only be compared to with a white WR! Same goes with a Black QB can only be compared with a Black QB.

I never hear Jordy Nelson to be compared to an Art Monk or Jamarcus Russell being compared to Ben Rothlisberger.

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by POLISHHAWK
    Ever notice how a white WR can only be compared to with a white WR! Same goes with a Black QB can only be compared with a Black QB.

I never hear Jordy Nelson to be compared to an Art Monk or Jamarcus Russell being compared to Ben Rothlisberger.

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I only remember Eydie Gorme and Steve Lawrence from an SNL skit where they did a parody of the McLaughlin Group, called the "Sinatra Group" - Steve and Eydie played total suck ups to Frank "Absolutely Right Frank!" One of the funniest skits in the history of SNL IMO. (2 Live Crew star Luther Campbell "I don't have any talent" Frank: "You got talent, baby. You got a Ben Vereen quality I can't put my finger on. Frank Goulet, now that's not talented!!"
    I have to find that.
    C.H.U.D.

You must make your own belly jiggle then. Even if you compare them unfavorably (to Schroeder), you are still comparing them. You make a great point that Jordy outperformed Bill in college and at a much higher level of competition. It just seems premature to get heated up over what will happen in the pros. Lots of highly touted WRs from college went belly up in the pros. Schroeder was a marginal talent (just a guy), made to look a whole lot better given he was playing with Favre, and O-line and Ahman Green. When Sherman had a chance to revamp the offense, he was gone. I hope Nelson is a lot better, and his college creds suggest he will be. At the very least, I hope he doesn't look for a place to hook slide on the field after catching the ball, like our old pal B.S.
    In context it was pretty obviously that by "comparing" he meant pointing out their similiarities. Other than that, I agree that nobody knows how well he will do.

I only remember Eydie Gorme and Steve Lawrence from an SNL skit where they did a parody of the McLaughlin Group, called the "Sinatra Group" - Steve and Eydie played total suck ups to Frank "Absolutely Right Frank!" One of the funniest skits in the history of SNL IMO. (2 Live Crew star Luther Campbell "I don't have any talent" Frank: "You got talent, baby. You got a Ben Vereen quality I can't put my finger on. Frank Goulet, now that's not talented!!"
    Is this the same skit where Sinatra tells Steve Lawrence to fight Billy Idol (Sting)? Maybe the greatest SNL moment ever.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by POLISHHAWK

Yea, that has always gotten on my nerves. I even read a report about jordy being on the slow side for the nfl, nevermind that nothing supports that statement.....except for one little thing.

just for the record guys --

not gettin heated up, or anything, or at anyone ...

this is about about the most boring time that i can remember on PR ... not that it's anyone's fault, it's just the "season", but i was more just writing to the phantom in the sky -- maybe he would talk back