Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Week Talk

This game will determine whether the Packers will be limited to contending for the NFC North crown and a possible 1st round bye, or whether they will have a shot at home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Packers currently occupy the 6th playoff spot. However, a Packer win over the Falcons coupled with an Eagle win at Chicago (very possible) would I believe, vault the Packers into the #1 spot overall.

Both of these teams are tougher defensively in the red zone than they are between the 20's. Red zone efficiency may well decide this game.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Atl has 2 wins against decent teams. They will fold against the Pack and we will dominate this game 45-10
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Atl has 2 wins against decent teams. They will fold against the Pack and we will dominate this game 45-10
    The Packers as well have 2 wins against quality teams (Eagles and Jets). Atlanta is solid and will be tough at home. Packers can win, but will be a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganPackerFan View Post
    THe pushoffs concern me, because that leaves calling it up to the officials, and we haven't been fortunate in that regard. Hell, missed pushoffs were huge in the playoff loss last year. I do think that if GB brings their "A" game, they should win a tough game.
    The pushoffs are definitely an issue. I was at the Miami game, and I watched Marshall push off the whole game while the ref just stood there and watched. I don't know if they're not calling as many of those this year or what, but it's definitely an issue.

One never knows, of course, but this sure seems like a game that will be tough and close.

I wonder if it will be like last year's playoff touchdown-a-palooza.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Defense wins the day. The Packers are better. Plus, I don't think Atlanta has the #2 and #3 WR's that could cause our team problems (Saints come to mind). Their secondary is suspect, as is their pass rush. It'll be a close game because of homefield advantage. Packers win 31-20 with a late score to seal it.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The Packers as well have 2 wins against quality teams (Eagles and Jets). Atlanta is solid and will be tough at home. Packers can win, but will be a close game.
    And who really thinks we beat the Eagles in Philly now that Vick is the starter?

Haven't really watched much of ATL this year, but if the NFL network pundits are to be believed, their secondary is not that good, despite the best efforts of the Cutler to Hall combo a few weeks ago.

Statistically they are:

9th in ypg
    2nd-t for INT's
    25th in YPA
    28th in opponents completion %

Their run D is 6th in overall yards but they give up 4.3/carry.

Their offense doesn't have any gaudy ypc or ypa either but they are converting almost 50% of their 3rd downs on the year.

I would guess they are susceptible to big plays but their O is on the field quite a lot. They lead the league in total plays from scrimmage and are second in TOP.

What does all this mean? Hell if I know, I just like stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    And who really thinks we beat the Eagles in Philly now that Vick is the starter?
    I think the Packers could beat them. The Packers had to face Vick in Week 1 for more than half the game after preparing all week to face Kolb. That's a tough transition to make. Besides, the Packers defense is playing much better now than it was then.

Also

+10 in turnover margin
    Fewest penalties in the league

Can't say I know exactly what it means either, but it seems like a part of the Falcons defense is a good ball control offense. That actually plays to our favor. The stats say we're decent against the run, but we've been decimated on the DL for most of the season. We're as healthy going into this week as we've ever been on the DL. I think our run defense is actually great. Our defense overall is stifling. It's not a good D, it's great. I don't see Atlanta moving the ball on us consistently. We're going to get them off the field. Only way they control the ball is if our offense also can't stay on the field.

This game is going to come down to Aaron Rodgers and the ST's. I think we can keep them at around 20 points. Can Aaron make enough key throws to get 23 or 27 and can the ST's tilt the field in our favor a little?

The way Aaron and the ST's have been playing. . . . I like our chances. Tough game. Very evenly matched. A win is monumental if we want to beleive we're SB competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think the Packers could beat them. The Packers had to face Vick in Week 1 for more than half the game after preparing all week to face Kolb. That's a tough transition to make. Besides, the Packers defense is playing much better now than it was then.
    Yup. Wood might even grab the ball out of Vick's hand when he does that goofy hold-the-ball-in-one-hand-and-dip move before he changes direction. I also felt like the Giants did a pretty good job of throwing different things at Vick and showed that is not (yet) very sophisticated in his ability to read a defense. He might go through his progression and stay in the pocket longer but I still feel like he's not doing much in the way of pre-snap identification. Pressure up the middle, in particular, was giving him some fits and even when it was pretty clear that it was coming, he seemed staked to the original play call. Not saying that won't change but I'd bet teams will show him some of that until he gives them reason not to.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Haven't really watched much of ATL this year, but if the NFL network pundits are to be believed, their secondary is not that good, despite the best efforts of the Cutler to Hall combo a few weeks ago.
    Hall hasn't been a Falcon for a few years.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Hall hasn't been a Falcon for a few years.
    Oh snap...Mixed up with the Washington game.

Just though this was kind of funny:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...ench-QB-112310

When asked how the Packers would deal with the Falcons' unbelievable quarterback, running back, tight end and receiver, defensive player of the year favorite Clay Matthews told us on Sirius NFL Radio, “With our unbelievable line, linebackers, secondary and coaching.” Unbelievable answer.

Packers 23, atl 10.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    We roll the falcons 35-3 in a laugher
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

The Packers got beat by Chicago, Washington, and Miami, not exactly powerhouse teams. Philly had a new QB, Dallas and Minny were both a mess, the only legit team the Packers beat this year is the Jets. The Falcons beat New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and the Ravens, all tough match ups, (all are 7-3), they lost to Pittsburgh and Philly. So I'm worried about this game, a win in Atlanta would help the Packers in the playoff race, but I think it'll be a close game, hopefully the Packers D will shut the Falcons down. If ARod has to pass 40 times it might backfire.
    Thanks Ted!

We will have to play better than we have the last 2 weeks if want to get out of GA with a win. The Falcons are not going to roll over like the queens and girls did. They are 18-1 at home and have the best record in the NFC for a reason. This is going to be a close game. Rodgers and company are going to have come out sharp on their first drive and we have to play mistake and turnover free football to get this win. This is NOT going to be an easy task guys.

Does anyone think M3 deferrs again if he wins the toss? I mean, that was gutsy last week...