Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: The Official Packers @ Falcons Gameday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    But he completed that one, so It's a good decision.

Actually though, I do think Aaron goes downfield too much on 3rd and short. 2nd and short is really where you want to take your chances downfield.
    I agree with this. That completion to Jordy was a bad decision as well. Just because that was completed doesn't mean it was the right call. Rodgers needed first downs at both points of the game. And he took a shot on 3rd down instead. One of the things that got the offense back on track for the past three weeks were short passes. The middle was open all day. On third down and short when you are behind on the road, you don't take the chance. You take the first down. Then on 1st down or 2nd and reasonable, you take a shot.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Yep Wihelm saved a TD, can't blame him for doing that. Thats the only way that guy was going down.
    If they score a TD the Packers get the ball back with time and TOs on the clock. This way, the Falcons could just bleed the clock. The facemask made bad KO coverage worse and cost them the clock.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The run blocking was nothing to write home about but Jackson was awful today. He had two decent rushes that I can recall. Just make one cut and go for two yards. Stop dragging it out wide and making another move.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    That call pissed me off. On third and one you throw that well-covered deep sideline route?
    I am still doubting that was the call. Every play has at least one deep route. I think Rodgers is doing a Favre impersonation and looking only for single coverage. At another point in the game or another down, the matchup is worth the risk. Not 3rd and short when behind on the road.

Shouldn't this situation have called for a time out or audible?
    On the Packers' second possession, they faced a third-and-1 on the Falcons' 4-yard line, trailing, 3-0. Dimitri Nance, who gained 37 hard-fought yards against Minnesota the week before, took the handoff and was met almost immediately by Falcons linebacker Coy Wire for no gain.

"I hit the hole, and a linebacker was right there," Nance said. "I just couldn't get it converted. It was just tough to get yards. They did a pretty good job in stopping us."

Mason Crosby kicked a 22-yard field goal to tie the score, but the Packers, playing on the road against one of the NFC's top teams, needed touchdowns.

McCarthy took the blame for the call on Nance's run.

"That's a bad play selection on my part, the first third-and-1 down there when we kicked the field goal," he said. "They substituted their goal-line defense late."

Yes, I think a timeout once the defense was recognized might've helped.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yes, I think a timeout once the defense was recognized might've helped.
    M3 claimed that he tried to take a timeout at that point but didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by M3 Presser
    (How much confidence do you have in your short-yardage running game?)
    Short yardage? Well the third-and-one in the goal line, I actually tried to call a timeout, that’s a bad play selection on my part, the first third-and-one down there where we kicked the field goal. They substituted to a goal line defense late and frankly, I didn’t like what I saw in some of the running game, and we felt very good about the match-ups we had outside, so that’s why we went with so much spread.

I think the failure there is on Rodgers. He certainly has the leeway to call Timeout or an audible if the opponent is in a defensive alignment that is likely to stop the called play.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The run blocking was nothing to write home about but Jackson was awful today. He had two decent rushes that I can recall. Just make one cut and go for two yards. Stop dragging it out wide and making another move.
    BJ runs like he was trained at Arthur Murray.

This was the first away Packer game that I've been to for several years, but one thing that I found interesting, or perhaps unfair, is the replays they show. Quite often, we see M3 and company looking up at the big screen to see the replay before tossing a flag (not that it seems to help him). Yet, in Atlanta, they never showed replays after questionable calls for the Packers, but they did for things that were in Atlanta's favor. For example, Jordy's catch. The fumble at the goal line we never got to see, either.

P.S. Watching football games inside absolutely sucks and is a totally different atmosphere.

btw, first time I've posted on PR in months, but what is with this senior member crap? I'm not that old

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz View Post
    This was the first away Packer game that I've been to for several years, but one thing that I found interesting, or perhaps unfair, is the replays they show. Quite often, we see M3 and company looking up at the big screen to see the replay before tossing a flag (not that it seems to help him). Yet, in Atlanta, they never showed replays after questionable calls for the Packers, but they did for things that were in Atlanta's favor. For example, Jordy's catch. The fumble at the goal line we never got to see, either.

P.S. Watching football games inside absolutely sucks and is a totally different atmosphere.
    Greetings! Next time Atlanta comes to Green Bay, we'll just run Sargento Cheese commercials instead of replays that might help them.

Darn weather here is finally starting to cool off. Coming north for Christmas?

Cheese & Beer Rat All-Pro MichiganPackerFan's Avatar
    btw, first time I've posted on PR in months, but what is with this senior member crap? I'm not that old
    It's not like you're called "Depends Rat"

Exclamation

Evidently this goes on all over. I submit we pulled this on MN and didn't show replays of Quarless' TD either. From what I gather the coaches upstairs do not have access to the networks' feeds. At home we could see on Fox's replays that Gonzales didn't control that ball all the way thru so that catch probably gets overturned if MM challenged it IF his assistant coaches could have seen the replay before the next snap. This issue should be addressed by the league and corrected in 2011.

Why not hire an assistant coach to sit in front of his TV at home and watch the game, and call McCarthy on his cell phone once the assistant sees the television replays?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Why not hire an assistant coach to sit in front of his TV at home and watch the game, and call McCarthy on his cell phone once the assistant sees the television replays?
    Are you offering your services?

No, not me. My Comcast feed is about six or seven seconds behind everyone else's. I found this out when I was talking to a friend on the phone during a game last year. My friend lives in a different service area of Comcast than I do. So we're talking, and I'm watching the Packer defense set up, when all of a sudden my friend on the other end of the phone starts yelling "Oh NO!" I said "What, what?" and he tells me that the opposing offense just completed a touchdown pass - and here I am, still watching the players line up for the play.

So no, not me. But what a sweet job that would be! Get some Packerrats in a room, ply them with beer and brats, and give them MM's cell phone number. It could work!

KYPack

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I asked why we don't do this and I was told that it is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I asked why we don't do this and I was told that it is against the rules.
    Wow! But allowing the home team to screw with the video feed is okay?
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Low Profile Rat Starter
    [QUOTE=Fritz;552715] Get some Packerrats in a room, ply them with beer and brats, and give them MM's cell phone number. [QUOTE]

OH...MY...GOD...

You gotta film this. You just gotta.