Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
Not even McCarthy uses the injury card as an excuse; that leaves his followers/apologists in a rather pathetic light. Sorry for the harsh remark but I just don't believe present injuries to second tier Packer players are significant enough. Ok - Finley is truely missed and Grant is good too but lack of depth at RB and a below average OL is the true culprit. This is on TT; yet I back TT 100% . It's not like AR, Clay, Tramon or Chuck were put on IR. Being knicked is part of the game and happens to all NFL teams.
The fact MM doesn't use the injury card is to his credit, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. Coaches rarely publicly criticize players, GM's give coaches votes of confidence and then fire them the next day. Hard to believe that what coaches is what they actually feel.

Sorry for the harsh words, but anyone that believes the number of Packer injuries is in any way "normal" has no clue what they are talking about. Look who is lining up opposite CM3, the 5th stringer. Look at the DL, the regular rotation includes the 5th, 6th, and 7th stringers.

The defense has been hit with a greater number of injuries, the offense has been hit with the bigger impact players. Bring back even 5 of the guys on IR (Finley, Grant, Neal, Chillar, and Jones) and there is no doubt in my mind the team has at least 3 more wins.