View Poll Results: How would you rather see Favre inducted into the hall ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • As a Packer

22 78.57%
  • As a Viking

6 21.43%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: When Favre gets inducted in Hall of Fame

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    So he's got to do something before he goes into the HoF to get people liking him again.
    Maybe he could send out some pictures from his phone.

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    I went from "angry" when Favre forced his way out to "I don't care anymore". The fact his season imploded last year while the Packers won a Super Bowl and his replacement was the Super Bowl MVP didn't hurt.
    Last edited by AtlPackFan; 09-05-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    They just list the teams and when you played.

You go in the NFL HOF as a human .
    ya, ya, ya. So I screwed up the poll question on a technicallity. The idea is to find out whether people still feel so spiteful towards Favre that they want to disown him.

I said Vikings just because I think it would be funny and I'm not sentimental about BF. I don't hate him, tho. I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    The real question is, who is he going to retire as? Does he ask for a 1 day contract from the Pack? The way he acted I am guessing he isn't going to do that.

As per the Packers, TT has no ego, so he will be the one that extends the olive branch the year BLF goes to the hall of fame. I would guess that the Packers retire his number officially the same year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    The real question is, who is he going to retire as? Does he ask for a 1 day contract from the Pack? The way he acted I am guessing he isn't going to do that.

As per the Packers, TT has no ego, so he will be the one that extends the olive branch the year BLF goes to the hall of fame. I would guess that the Packers retire his number officially the same year.
    I would guess, judging from that photo, that number might be about 5 1/2?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    ...he became a diva who is also a hick...so I guess that makes him a dick?
    That would be sigworthy if it wasn't so naughty.

The poll lacked the option..."Don't Care".

Personally, I hope the organization waits for a posthumous celebration, whether it's me or him won't matter.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I don't think about Favre.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    ya, ya, ya. So I screwed up the poll question on a technicallity. The idea is to find out whether people still feel so spiteful towards Favre that they want to disown him.

I said Vikings just because I think it would be funny and I'm not sentimental about BF. I don't hate him, tho. I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.

I wasn't heckling you, Harlan. I like to heckle you, but I was just re-iterating 31's point. The NFL HOF has had that policy for a long time. It really makes sense with FA. Many players have made the Pro bowl now for 3 teams. The Neon one played for 5 teams, I think. Your bust just shows your helmet-less head.

I really wonder if TT will be the GM in 5 years. Every year at that job are like dog years.

Actually, Harlan, I've meant to post on this. You've been doing a good job at starting threads, stirring the afor-mentioned pot, and being a blue pooch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I don't think Favre's legacy can survive him unretiring in order to ask for a symbolic contract from a team so he can retire again. Favre is currently retired, the retirement paperwork was filed months ago. May God have mercy on our souls if he ever unretires.
    </delurk>

Favre will go into the HOF as a very tough and dedicated to his profession NFL Great QB. Name five Packer players you've seen that were more exciting and gave more to the game in terms of effort. All those records will shout out HOF and his status as one of the Greatest iron men in all of Pro Sports is the real ticket.

So blow all the 'HATE smoke you' need to Packerrats.

Brett Favre is 'a LOCK' HOFer.

Having posted that. FAVRE really pissed me off at times and on the field none moreso than that silly flip pass 'no pass' VS Minny in the playoffs back in 2004. I will always feel that supid 'NO PLAY', was the beginning of his demise as a GREEN BAY Packer. Any man 'even one with club feet' would have ran the pigskin into the end zone on that play. That was 'just too silly'. I watched that game with a new NFL fan and a fella that was beginning to enjoy Brett Favre. He was pissed at Favre and would have attacked him if he could have. I was devastated and embarassed for 3-4 months. It was definitely one of those WTF moments in Favre's by far overall, illustrious but somewhat tainted 'by his head errors' career.

The whole thing with the scandal shocked me and gave me pain I will never get over. I am by nature and manner of personality a LOYAL person.

What a mess he made of that. Damn he's Brett Favre. Did he believe he was like the rest of us or anonymous? If we did anything like that.... NOTHING WOULD COME OF IT. FAVRE WAS ALWAYS IN MY VIEW THE FIGUREHEAD OF THE NFL. HE WAS 'THE MAN'. HE EMBARASSED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN AND HIS FAMILY. HE LET HIS REMAINING FANS DOWN MISERABLY BECAUSE HE ISN'T ANY ORDINARY MAN. HE'S BRETT FAVRE.

HE TOOK AN AWESOME CAREER AND PISSED ALL OVER ALL OF HIS AMAZING ACCOMPLISHEMMENTS AND STAINED HIS IMAGE; BUT HE WALKS INTO THE HOF.

Why!? Simple. He was A OUTSTANDING NFL QB AND LEADER OF MERIT AND EXAMPLE ON THE FIELD OF PLAY. I T WAS SOME OF THE STUFFF OFF THE FIELD THAT BOTHERED ME..ALWAYS WILL; BUT........ I will not judge him.

GO Packers !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-05-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Woody-

I don't think anybody doubts that Favre will be a first-ballot Hall of Fame player, he absolutely had earned that honor by the time he had his third MVP award. I think people are just not especially fond of him at this point, or are at the very least kind of sick of him and his schtick. I think in the last few years he's made himself a much less popular player at his HoF induction than he would have been if he had just stayed retired the first time. Everybody would still love Favre if he had just stuck to his first retirement. He's getting into the Hall of Fame anyway, but I don't have to like him.
    </delurk>

Woody, stop hating on Favre. Have a little respect for what the man did on the field.

[QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I wasn't heckling you, Harlan .
    I know, I was over-acting, chewing the scenery.

Speaking of public scenes, you know what would be fun? To have a week where we pretend to be other posters. I call Madtown! It'd almost be too easy, using the m.f. words, the quick temper, the faux gang talk. Damn, if this was high school, we'd form a committee and get right on this worthy project.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Woody, stop hating on Favre. Have a little respect for what the man did on the field.
    I was going to write an angry post in Woody's voice, but I don't have the chops for it. Immitating Woody would be like trying to write like Hunter S. Thompson - it seems easy to do until you try and then it sounds forced. They broke the mold when they made Woody. AFTER they made him, that is, lest there be any misunderstanding.

ESPN has already started the rebuilding of Favre's image. Tom Jackson and Chris Berman counted down their top 10 football moments in the past 25 years and Favre's beating the Raiders was their top moment. They then proceeded to pour on the Favre love for the next 30 seconds. We can probably expect ALOT more of this in the coming years. Favre is an important marketing tool for the league, and they're going to try everything they can to make him into a good boy again.

Favre retiring and being elected to the HOF is fine and dandy by me.

But Darren Sharper getting play for the HOF is going to elicit a wee bit of protest from these parts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I know, I was over-acting, chewing the scenery.

Speaking of public scenes, you know what would be fun? To have a week where we pretend to be other posters. I call Madtown! It'd almost be too easy, using the m.f. words, the quick temper, the faux gang talk. Damn, if this was high school, we'd form a committee and get right on this worthy project.
    OK.

I pick you. Firstly, let me summon my inner crybaby.

Woody, nah, too easy to mime.

Pick somebody is tough to copy.

Be Superfan, act intelligent for a time, that'll fool 'em.

You really need to include a "who gives a rat fuck" and mark me down for 1 on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.
    Forgive and forget? There is nothing to forgive. It is what it is. Many in this generation of fans will never forget, nor should they, because, again, it is what it is. The next generations of fans simply won't care as much for or against Favre.

Farve will never again be what he was to the state of Wisconsin and Packer fans up to 2007. His pedestal will never again be so high. But I don't think he was ever deserving of the pedestal he had to begin with, so I don't feel sorry for him.

I think a lot of fans thought Favre was more than he was both as a player and as a person, and that there was something truly unique about his relationship with the Packers. They now realize it wasn't any more special than what many other players have with their teams, but more importantly Favre is not quite what they thought he was. It's more than just having gone to the Vikings, that was just the culmination of the realization. The drama, the lies, the insults, the way he treated the Jets situation, the photography; these all showed Favre to be different than many fans had thought. He will never regain the relationship that he lost. He will be accepted as a former player who lead a team that brought a Super Bowl to Green Bay, but the specialness of even that has been changed. Aaron Rodgers took care of that.

He could have been the successor to Bart Starr in his relationship with the franchise. Maybe Aaron Rodgers will be. That story is still being written. Maybe there really is only one Bart Starr.

Blog Entries
    Well said Patler, although I think there is much to "forgive" (or not) so to speak. You can't take away what Favre did on the field as a Packer. You can debate the extent of his greatness, but most everyone would agree he was a great player as a Packer.

As a person, he proved himself to have significant flaws. Some will continue to ignore those flaws and others will continue to consider them and not respect the man.

The Packers are a family in a sense, and many, many fans feel like they're a part of that family. At a minimum, they feel a strong allegiance toward the organization, regardless of how you want to describe it.

What he did and/or tried to do to hurt the Packer organization is unforgivable to many. Many fans feel like he was not only unfaithful to his wife, but to them too for a number of his actions geared at hurting the Packers. Ironically, it's in the Packers' best business interests for the fans to forgive and forget now. Brett Favre screwed that up too.