Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
The majority of AAPL is not held by individuals. Investment houses are not fanboys. They're investing to make money. People take their allegiances out of the equation when investing anyway. You're misinformed about this.

Look at what the analysts are predicting. They had 100% growth in the past year for the most part. They'll have huge growth next year. And more the next. This isn't just one analyst. This is pretty much every analyst. Go on yahoo finance. I think they've reported that 50 out of 50 investment groups call it a strong buy. I haven't checked the page in a few days so it may have changed.
Of course not after the decade they've had Apple is a part of a bazillion funds I'm sure. It doesn't take a majority of the holders to be individuals to throw wrenches into estimates or spiral away from its intrinsic value. You are living proof as a fanboy who owns stock. I know two more, one with over a million dollars worth. The effect is there in the form of not just personal biases but also media hype. Who do you think those analysts are for? Human behavior and social movements have a monstrous impact on the market, otherwise we could all just follow the numbers and we'd all get rich.