Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BRETSKY'S MOCK DRAFT FOR DA PACK

Maybe it's because I'm not a Wisconsin native, but I don't get all the hype for M. Ball. I wouldn't draft him till the 3rd round - just my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    OK B. help me out with that #26 pick. You know me.

Give me the three top candidates for my pick please. Then I'll pick one. I'll give you a hint. I was very close to forgetting grades and jumping on your guy...FS Eric Reid. A football players 'football player'.

Forget anyone falling to #26. Give me three solid football players, certainly worthy of that #26 pick. I've done analysis up to the yip yoe. I've watched so much video and read so many reports I'm nearly blind. I'm running out of note paper. I'm close and so far away as that #26 pick isn't easy.

I want three strong...strong character guys to choose from. Three athletic prospects with an eraser on the word 'prospects', as their that solid.

You'll get it too. Thanks B.

PACKERS !

Reid, Hunt, Fluker (there is a chance he might fall), and Datone Jones
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Reid, Hunt, Fluker (there is a chance he might fall), and Datone Jones
    I can't take your guy Eric Reid.

I having trouble seeing DE Datone Jones, UCLA >>> in Green Bay. Our best players come from out that way but that fella? A strong prospect and a dominating football player; but all that style in Green Bay? He would have to demonstrate that he's absolutely pumped to be a Green Bay Packer. I'm looking for reason to believe that wouldn't be the case. Also to see him off the board at #26.

In other words I've tried to avoid Datone Jones.

OT D. J. Fluker and DT Jesse Williams, Alabama. Both are certainly on my 'Big Guy' Short List.

I've been back and forth but I want to go against the grain. Silly as it may seem, my guts are screaming DE Margus Hunt, SMU. So what if he's green and a bit of a reach. The upside is incredible. He's such an athlete and amazingly strong. Any man that's been compared to JJ Watt has to get your attention.

I'd rather have him, then see him dominate on some other team; and be saying down the road. Why didn't I pull the trigger.

I said no to him after getting very excited about his video. I need to see him in simple game video B. That better than some made from Hollywood highlight video. Taking a flyer on him with a 1st Rd. pick and seeing him bust would really suck.

Thanks B.

Packers !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

First off - I want to state for the record that Ken Still's hit on Suhey was perfectly legal!!

Eric Reid, S, LSU

- I like our young guys, or at least I'm willing to let these guys show what they got. Burnett is a keeper, and the other guys have showed flashes. Let 'em develop.

I like Reid, but would rather target other positions early. He's a good player though.

Brandon Williams, DL, Missouri Southern

- Would love to land Williams!! Instant tree stump right in the middle of the line. He's a little raw, but he's got the size and strength to be an every down, base 3-4 defensive lineman.

David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State

- He's the Packers type of guy, 'versatile', 'mobile'. I don't think Sherrod will pan out, and Newhouse needs to be replaced; but I don't think Quessenberry can play the left side. He looked pretty average at the Senior Bowl.

Stefon Taylor, RB, Stanford

- Ran a 4.7, so he isn't going to be a home run hitter. We have Harris. Someone said the Packers interviewed Bell at the combine - I like Bell. Lot of Ray Rice/Doug Martin type backs this year. Bell is a much bigger back.

Stansly Maponga, DE, TCU

- Hadn't seen any of him before your mock - but I didn't like what I saw. Didn't seem instinctive, bad angles and didn't have the speed or athleticism to recover. Wasn't a killer.

Kenny Stills, WR, Okla

- Should draft him and give him a signing bonus for past services rendered by his dad; which of course was a perfectly clean hit.

Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama

- Want to like him, but I don't
    wist

Based on that Sports Science video, I half expect us to draft Kenyon Barner now.

If Ball is still hanging around in early round 4, I might consider trading up for him.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm not a Wisconsin native, but I don't get all the hype for M. Ball. I wouldn't draft him till the 3rd round - just my opinion.
    C'mon gang! Lets get the pitchforks, tar, log and feathers!
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Based on that Sports Science video, I half expect us to draft Kenyon Barner now.

If Ball is still hanging around in early round 4, I might consider trading up for him.

It would surprise me if TT would not snap up Ball at end of round 3; but IMO he will be gone by the time wer pick there
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    C'mon gang! Lets get the pitchforks, tar, log and feathers!

I will get organzing

Badgers? We don't need no Badgers.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    You did your homework, this mock looks like more of a prediction of what Ted will do than a pipe dream from a fan so congrats on that. Wouldn't be surprised if you nail a few of these. I do think there is some questionable value at the spots some of these guys are taken.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I'm a Margus Hunt fan. I'd be thrilled if TT traded down, picked up an extra pick, then was able to snag this guy.

Of course, he's as raw as a turnip, so he'd provide little this year. But after that, imagine a guy with his long arms, then pack another ten or fifteen pounds on that frame. You've got your defensive end for the 3-4.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm a Margus Hunt fan. I'd be thrilled if TT traded down, picked up an extra pick, then was able to snag this guy.

Of course, he's as raw as a turnip, so he'd provide little this year. But after that, imagine a guy with his long arms, then pack another ten or fifteen pounds on that frame. You've got your defensive end for the 3-4.
    For you Fritz: There's alot of time in analysis and this post.

Margus Hunt is rare and presently ranked ahead of DE Demontre Moore, Texas A&M. Margus hunt is more that intriguing to me. He's difficult to eliminate at pick #26. I want to pick him and manage to escape that temptation and suddenly he's back on my mind. Yaa sure...screw around with that Fritz.

I have to get this on here as we'll likely never meet.

I have to laugh at how some at Packerrats view me. Believe this...I'm as regular a Guy as you'll ever come across. I'm certainly 'NO Old Man'. I'm all 'piss and vinegar Man'........... still. I've never been anyone to screw with. I'm Irish through and through. I can't escape that and all it really means and has for centuries. I'm a decent fella 'with an edge'. IYKWIM.

Picture this. I'm Regis Phibin +.

Back to the matter at hand:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=DE

Fritz ...this is good. If your a Margus Hunt fan maybe? you missed this article. An intriguiging story and Margus Hunt and how his ascension to the NFL Draft began:

From the Eastern Bloc to blocking kicks

By Laken Litman ... Posted Sep 23, 2011

http://smu.scout.com/2/1109853.html

I've disappeared into my cave the last few days to concentrate on my Seven Round Mock. I've done mock's before and never encountered such difficulty. It lies in the pick at the top. With the choice at #26. We need more than a prospect at #26. We need an instant hit. We need a man that can contribute in 2013. We need a playmaker.

In my analysis the top four priorities in this draft are:

1) A 3-4 DE.

A player that can be used for versatility; a fit for DC Dom Capers style. Whatever that will be on any given Sunday.

Dom Capers. I didn't want him fired after our shocker Vs San Fran. Because MM has little to do with our 'D'. He has to try to focus on preparing our 'O' and calling a consistent/full game. I didn't feel we needed a sudden change in direction on 'D'. Dom Capers and TT teamed up (the 2012 draft) to give us a much improved 'D' last season, over 'D' we experienced in 2011. One more draft and season may solve the issue's there. May? I believe the response to that question lies in the quality of TT's draft. To the philosopy of TT and Dom Capers and reforming a 'D' to 'nasty'. We need a 'D' that's properly respected...feared.

Thus more priority and this draft on 'D'.

2) We need a solid hard hitting SS. A 'monster of the midway' that's feared by any offensive player entering his domain. We need a 'killer hitter' in our starting defense at SS.

The theme of my mock has to be 'raw strength/athleticism' and/or a real impact on our team. A vision of what the Green Bay Packers must become. We are over the top too soft on 'D'. I'm just sick of 'the paddy wagon' approach to playing 'D' that I see on this team. For the most part the Packers 'D' plays like sissy's.

3) We need some more depth on the OL and specifically some real potential at LT. Marshall Newhouse is an OG not a LT. Derek Sherrod is, until he proves differently >>> a no show >>>near bust.

4) We need a LBer that can penetrate inside; help contain the edge? A tall order.

See 2) and 4) >>> I want both SS Shawn Wiliams, Georgia and ILB Jon Bostic, Florida and to get that TT has to trade down from Pick #55. Those two solid football players would have a huge impact on our 'D' if used properly. Again, in this draft TT has to emphasize the 'D'. The top of this draft has impactful players (not prospects) available for TT if he's the draft genious some claim he is.

TT has potential solid options and #55 and the OL and (maybe?) RB. He may be tempted by these options? My analysis says that he should think 'D' in 2/3 of the early rounds. That he should best go 'D' in Round's 1 and 3.

We are stuck with Dom Capers at least for this season. How do we assist his defensive philosophy? We're aware that our first round pick (2012) DE/OLB Nick Price, isn't enamoured with playing OLB in our 3-4. Can we entertain some flexibilty in incorporating that thought in the #26 pick? DE's Margus Hunt and hybride DE DaMontre Moore. Where to go there? That's a difficult decision when you get right down to brass tacks.

Please.... do yourself a favor and not judge DEMontre Moore based on 'only' 12 Rep's at the Combine. Take a real look at the potential of TT picking DaMontre Moore. He's not nicknamed 'DaMonster' for nothing. He greatly improved his attention to strengthening at his Pro Day with 19 Rep's.

Look at this football player:

This video (1) surprized me. This is not the man I see on the football field (2). Overall I really like DeMontre Moore as our #26 pick.

(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtvYtTVYLDU

(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0AnVX9_0qU

What do any of you think?

Trading down would be a solid move for TT. I've ignored that option. I'm having difficulty deciding on on that pick. Every poster should try to mock this draft if you want to get some glimpse of what's involved. I've studied #26 carefully and the rest of the draft as well. It's alot of work.

#26:

Please excuse 'the handles'. ** Some my own.

I've studied DE Margus '** The Terminator' Hunt (with huge upside, work ethic and elite athleticism) >>> Datone '** Hollywood' Jones >>> DE Damontre 'DaMonster' Moore. I believe that Datone Jones will be off the board before our #26. That seems like a good thing to me. That TT won't be tempted by this prospect. That's all he is to me. A prospect. I don't like his showboating style. Just play fricken' football. If you want to perform go to drama school. That same comment goes for other noteables in this draft. One of those 'a tackling machine', Matt Elam, Florida.'Holy Mackeral' the performance after that tackle sickens me.

I've studied WR's DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson and Justin Hunter,Tennessee in terms of what each brings to the table. If each is matched up to the correct offensive scheme. Those teams will enjoy production from both of these talented WR's. I certainly have looked at DeAndre Hopkins as a solid option at #26. He reminds me alot of that man....Greg Jennings. Greg Jennings will be playing opposite one of these two WR's this season. I see the other as a solid option for both Houston and New England.

I've looked at DT' Johnathan ' ** Burnout' Hankins, Ohio and Jesse ' ** Givener' Williams, Alabama.

There's 'only' one guy above that has a real nickname. Maybe the fire burns deep in his guts?

RB or TE at #26.

I'll not enjoy TT picking at either position with #26. If he does I'll try to tame down my post in reaction. That might take 4-5 days to a week.

LT at #26. TT has better value in a pick on 'D'. He should be patient and look for LT at pick #55 or later at pick #122 in the 4th round.

That's just as I see it now Fritz and Packerrats.

GO TT and Draft 2013 !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-17-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I really don't like Matt Elam one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I really don't like Matt Elam one bit.
    He's 'the Dude'.

Jhesssshh ! It's been a long time since I thought of:

Jessica Lange

and her Co-Star.

he gets his hair cut like that so he looks likes he's 5'10

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he gets his hair cut like that so he looks likes he's 5'10
    Your killin' me red. I'm laughing so hard I'm nearly dead.

What the frick is wrong with you? Are you a...

Blog Entries
    For you Fritz: There's alot of time in analysis and this post.

Margus Hunt is rare and presently ranked ahead of DE Demontre Moore, Texas A&M. Margus hunt is more that intriguing to me. He's difficult to eliminate at pick #26. I want to pick him and manage to escape that temptation and suddenly he's back on my mind. Yaa sure...screw around with that Fritz.

I have to get this on here as we'll likely never meet.

I have to laugh at how some at Packerrats view me. Believe this...I'm as regular a Guy as you'll ever come across. I'm certainly 'NO Old Man'. I'm all 'piss and vinegar Man'........... still. I've never been anyone to screw with. I'm Irish through and through. I can't escape that and all it really means and has for centuries. I'm a decent fella 'with an edge'. IYKWIM.

Picture this. I'm Regis Phibin +.

Back to the matter at hand:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC

Fritz ...this is good. If your a Margus Hunt fan maybe? you missed this article. An intriguiging story and Margus Hunt and how his ascension to the NFL Draft began:

From the Eastern Bloc to blocking kicks

By Laken Litman ... Posted Sep 23, 2011

http://smu.scout.com/2/1109853.html

I've disappeared into my cave the last few days to concentrate on my Seven Round Mock. I've done mock's before and never encountered such difficulty. It lies in the pick at the top. With the choice at #26. We need more than a prospect at #26. We need an instant hit. We need a man that can contribute in 2013. We need a playmaker.

In my analysis the top four priorities in this draft are:

1) A 3-4 DE.

A player that can be used for versatility; a fit for DC Dom Capers style. Whatever that will be on any given Sunday.

Dom Capers. I didn't want him fired after our shocker Vs San Fran. Because MM has little to do with our 'D'. He has to try to focus on preparing our 'O' and calling a consistent/full game. I didn't feel we needed a sudden change in direction on 'D'. Dom Capers and TT teamed up (the 2012 draft) to give us a much improved 'D' last season, over 'D' we experienced in 2011. One more draft and season may solve the issue's there. May? I believe the response to that question lies in the quality of TT's draft. To the philosopy of TT and Dom Capers and reforming a 'D' to 'nasty'. We need a 'D' that's properly respected...feared.

Thus more priority and this draft on 'D'.

2) We need a solid hard hitting SS. A 'monster of the midway' that's feared by any offensive player entering his domain. We need a 'killer hitter' in our starting defense at SS.

The theme of my mock has to be 'raw strength/athleticism' and/or a real impact on our team. A vision of what the Green Bay Packers must become. We are over the top too soft on 'D'. I'm just sick of 'the paddy wagon' approach to playing 'D' that I see on this team. For the most part the Packers 'D' plays like sissy's.

3) We need some more depth on the OL and specifically some real potential at LT. Marshall Newhouse is an OG not a LT. Derek Sherrod is, until he proves differently >>> a no show >>>near bust.

4) We need a LBer that can penetrate inside; help contain the edge? A tall order.

See 2) and 4) >>> I want both SS Shawn Wiliams, Georgia and ILB Jon Bostic, Florida and to get that TT has to trade down from Pick #55. Those two solid football players would have a huge impact on our 'D' if used properly. Again, in this draft TT has to emphasize the 'D'. The top of this draft has impactful players (not prospects) available for TT if he's the draft genious some claim he is.

TT has potential solid options and #55 and the OL and (maybe?) RB. He may be tempted by these options? My analysis says that he should think 'D' in 2/3 of the early rounds. That he should best go 'D' in Round's 1 and 3.

We are stuck with Dom Capers at least for this season. How do we assist his defensive philosophy? We're aware that our first round pick (2012) DE/OLB Nick Price, isn't enamoured with playing OLB in our 3-4. Can we entertain some flexibilty in incorporating that thought in the #26 pick? DE's Margus Hunt and hybride DE DaMontre Moore. Where to go there? That's a difficult decision when you get right down to brass tacks.

Please.... do yourself a favor and not judge DEMontre Moore based on 'only' 12 Rep's at the Combine. Take a real look at the potential of TT picking DaMontre Moore. He's not nicknamed 'DaMonster' for nothing. He greatly improved his attention to strengthening at his Pro Day with 19 Rep's.

Look at this football player:

This video (1) surprized me. This is not the man I see on the football field (2). Overall I really like DeMontre Moore as our #26 pick.

(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtvYtTVYLDU

(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0AnVX9_0qU

What do any of you think?

Trading down would be a solid move for TT. I've ignored that option. I'm having difficulty deciding on on that pick. Every poster should try to mock this draft if you want to get some glimpse of what's involved. I've studied #26 carefully and the rest of the draft as well. It's alot of work.

#26:

Please excuse 'the handles'. ** Some my own.

I've studied DE Margus '** The Terminator' Hunt (with huge upside, work ethic and elite athleticism) >>> Datone '** Hollywood' Jones >>> DE Damontre 'DaMonster' Moore. I believe that Datone Jones will be off the board before our #26. That seems like a good thing to me. That TT won't be tempted by this prospect. That's all he is to me. A prospect. I don't like his showboating style. Just play fricken' football. If you want to perform go to drama school. That same comment goes for other noteables in this draft. One of those 'a tackling machine', Matt Elam, Florida.'Holy Mackeral' the performance after that tackle sickens me.

I've studied WR's DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson and Justin Hunter,Tennessee in terms of what each brings to the table. If each is matched up to the correct offensive scheme. Those teams will enjoy production from both of these talented WR's. I certainly have looked at DeAndre Hopkins as a solid option at #26. He reminds me alot of that man....Greg Jennings. Greg Jennings will be playing opposite one of these two WR's this season. I see the other as a solid option for both Houston and New England.

I've looked at DT' Johnathan ' ** Burnout' Hankins, Ohio and Jesse ' ** Givener' Williams, Alabama.

There's 'only' one guy above that has a real nickname. Maybe the fire burns deep in his guts?

RB or TE at #26.

I'll not enjoy TT picking at either position with #26. If he does I'll try to tame down my post in reaction. That might take 4-5 days to a week.

LT at #26. TT has better value in a pick on 'D'. He should be patient and look for LT at pick #55 or later at pick #122 in the 4th round.

That's just as I see it now Fritz and Packerrats.

GO TT and Draft 2013 !

I think Demontre Moore is an elite talent and it was a solid prediction by Joe as our 1st round choice. The knock on him is he's immature and needs to grow up per the NFL network. I'll still take his talent in GB over Hunt I think. His tackles for losses the last three years were impressive

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    You did your homework, this mock looks like more of a prediction of what Ted will do than a pipe dream from a fan so congrats on that. Wouldn't be surprised if you nail a few of these. I do think there is some questionable value at the spots some of these guys are taken.
    Thanks for the kind words. I doubt TT takes my picks but I tried to make it realistic. In doing this excersise, which really was interesting....if I could swing it I'd try to manipulat things to end up with three second round picks and then get three players I really liked

Perhaps TT trades down ten slots into round two to a team like Buffalo or Cleveland with a hard on for one of the QB's and picks up a 4th
    Then package the third and 4th for a third second rounder. These guys from 16--60 are all very similar IMO. Things dry up a bit after round 3 when I think nearly all of the top tier RB's fall off the board. I think the safeties I really like come off the board in the top 50 picks. That was my reason for taking Reid. He's the guy I like 2nd best and I think a DL will fall to our 2nd pick that is about the same as the ones sitting there at 26.

I also agree I probably reached a bit on a few picks.......but if I was running the show I'd be all about trading down with this team

Lots of JAG's we can replace

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I think Demontre Moore is an elite talent and it was a solid prediction by Joe as our 1st round choice. The knock on him is he's immature and needs to grow up per the NFL network. I'll still take his talent in GB over Hunt I think. His tackles for losses the last three years were impressive
    " it was a solid prediction by Joe as our 1st round choice" Bretsky

B. I thought that someone here produced a Mock with DE/OLB hybride DaMontre Moore, Texas A&M as the pick at #26. I think you reporting that was 'Joe' or Joemailman?

I've looked around and cannot uncover that Mock. Where's that Mock if it exists?

Joemailman (I believe) posted a thread RE: predicting TT's draft picks in a contest format. I thought I saw in that that Joe picked someone else
    (not 3-4 DE Demontre Moore) at #26. It's one of those 'what is it' things.

Back to the my decision (no... indecision) and #26:

I like Damontre Moore B. He's been falling on Draft Boards but I'm not buying it.

It's not often that you see young men with his personality /manners. He's a rare bird. He can play football. I find it so difficult to see the seperation between that man on the field and in person 'in street cloths'.

It's like Clark Kent and Superman. DaMonster is a playa ! A solid fit for our NO. 1 need at #26.

You simply have to forget that DE Margus Hunt exists; until he's picked by some team not the Green Bay Packers. Enjoy watching his career.

Ohh sure >>>> there I go again!

I want >>>want >>> want Margus Hunt. I'm flipped out again, in a co nun drum. Jeeesshh!

OK I'll try this:

So I'll not try to turn to being the hero 'prognosticator'. TT will never pick Margus Hunt anyway. That's a simple prognostication. What a word.

The word I've been thinking and my Mock is >>>procrastination. That certainly applies....and this:

Except I wear clothes and come armed with a mouse.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-18-2013 at 09:36 AM.

I'd be very happy with this.... good stuff