As has been said previously, it's always a combo of things. From the bye on this year, with few exceptions, Rodgers could even have time, but no open receivers, and then have to do scramble drill.

The defenses would clamp down on the perimeter, bracket he middle and keep two high safeties. What they needed to do is establish the run to get the opposing defenses to move a safety up for run support. The only game I can recall where running the ball well did not help the offensive production (at home against the Bears).

Having a vertical threat with Jordy also helped commit the attention to one of those safeties. The more I think about it, the more I think I want the Packers to commit to LT, even if Bach comes back healthy. Competition is always good, and quality depth is too. Tretter did a great job, save for the safety, but he's playing out of position, and I guess so is Walker and Barclay. That's a really important position, and if Bach gets beat out, he's still young enough to switch positions, or be depth.

They get Jordy and Monty back, they likely will draft a WR, and possibly some college free agents. Will they consider a vet free agent WR? I hope so.

TE is obviously a glaring need. Jordan Reed got picked at #85 in 2013. Richard Rodgers was picked at #98 in 2014. Would you say talent-wise they are only 14 picks apart? Both Richard Rodgers and Jordan Reed shuffled positions in college, and had some questions coming out of college in terms of where they fit. Does anyone still question where Jordan Reed fits? A year before Rodgers, but roughly drafted in the same slot. Just sayin' TT!