Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another possible reason for Arod's struggles this year

I reiterate here that the guy needs to work on his body language. He really can get negative out there, all that head shaking and shrugging and eye rolling. It doesn't help the juju of the club.

That, and play better.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Right. Eye rolling is something a 14 year old girl or C-level Hollywood starlet would do.

It communicates contempt and disrespect pretty clearly.

To be respected, show respect.

If you don't agree with me you are a slope headed window licking moron.

I've been learning more and more lately about the personalities of perfectionist athletes with an otherworldly desire to win and how that win at all costs mentality leads to basically asshole behavior including breaking teammates down to tears, mocking people who aren't perfect, and breaking unspoken rules (and many spoken ones), just to win.

Michael Jordan is a classic example of this.

But I was thinking about this in regards to the modern NFL. It's almost if as long as "our" players look like saints to the media, then nothing else matters.

Rodgers behavior isn't defined by what we see on TV or in his interview. Like every professional athlete, it's defined by the practices and personal time.

Some eye rolls and looks don't really bother me in light of this since by most reports, Rodgers is a good guy behind closed doors. It could all be a farce, but that's the impression I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It's time to quit making excuses for AR. He is supposed to be one of the best players in the league. A player who should make others better, not a player who loses his accuracy and decision making ability because his OL and WRs have some injuries. He should get the most out of other players. I don't think we can say he got the most out of his WRs last year, not with all of the overlooked opportunities and missed throws there were.

AR had a down year. Now we need to see if it was the new normal for him, or a one year aberration.
    Great post and spot on IMO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I reiterate here that the guy needs to work on his body language. He really can get negative out there, all that head shaking and shrugging and eye rolling. It doesn't help the juju of the club.

That, and play better.

agree; and you can add some if his mannerisms at press conferences to support your point as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I dunno'. I kind of like the edge he shows with idiot reporters.

But that needs to be reserved for idiot reporters and not his team.

Let Aaron Be Aaron!

LABA!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Let Aaron Be (Incredible )Aaron!

LAB(I)A!
    Fixed

Beat me to it, UN.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It's time to quit making excuses for AR. He is supposed to be one of the best players in the league. A player who should make others better, not a player who loses his accuracy and decision making ability because his OL and WRs have some injuries. He should get the most out of other players. I don't think we can say he got the most out of his WRs last year, not with all of the overlooked opportunities and missed throws there were.

AR had a down year. Now we need to see if it was the new normal for him, or a one year aberration.
    There's some 'Hard Hitting' journalism there Patler. . . . . and ....
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Since I am dedicated to looking forward, does anyone know how Rodger's funny little calf is progressing?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Not really. That occurred before he was drafted...
    Maybe they took the real ARod and the one they replaced him with played at an out of this world MVP level. Then they took him back when they saw he might breed with the inferior Earth female.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Maybe they took the real ARod and the one they replaced him with played at an out of this world MVP level. Then they took him back when they saw he might breed with the inferior Earth female.
    Lol! I think you may be onto something there Mad! Seems like a plausible explanation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    agree; and you can add some if his mannerisms at press conferences to support your point as well
    Aaron Rodgers is the leader of the team.

He needs to demonstrate a little more moxy on the field. That attitude transfers to the whole team.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

It's easy to be a good leader when things are going good. But when things get tough is when true leaders stand out. Rodgers has shown he can do the easy part.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Finally someone returns to the original absurd point for this thread.
    I am impressed it made it into reality land for a bit.

I think there has been a tremendous gnashing of teeth this off season. However I will be tremendously surprised if what we have seen last year is the new normal. I doubt Nelson and Cobb will both be injured this year. We likely have a stretch the center TE. We have okay OL depth that will likely be added to.
    If we don't have a top 10 O my jaw will hit the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It's easy to be a good leader when things are going good. But when things get tough is when true leaders stand out. Rodgers has shown he can do the easy part.
    That's the spirit! Never say die! Rodgers has never demonstrated that he can win when the chips are down! To the last I grapple with thee! LOL.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Are you suggesting Rodgers wasn't a leader this past season?

Give RutNStrut a break. When the team you root for is 83-44 under a QB, Head Coach and General Manager you despise, there is little blame to apportion so you have to spread it around.

Not to mention actual bad players on the team.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Remember the good ol days when everything could be blamed on Jarrett Bush? Good times.