Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW TOP 50 LIST OF FREE AGENTS

Blog Entries

NEW TOP 50 LIST OF FREE AGENTS

SOUNDS LIKE #27 IS VISITING GREEN BAY AS A FYI

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I would have rather signed Julius Thomas cheap than the graham contract.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Would also like to see Cutler for 5 mil a year if he would sign that. We need to have a veteran who can get us to the playoffs in an emergency imo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I would have rather signed Julius Thomas cheap than the graham contract.

I'm not sure what is up with Thomas; he sure looked good on his first team but he was invisible after. Wonder if his attitude/work ethic is junk.

I'd take Jenkins for what he signed over Thomas
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    SOUNDS LIKE #27 IS VISITING GREEN BAY AS A FYI

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/
    #21 has already been here.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm not sure what is up with Thomas; he sure looked good on his first team but he was invisible after. Wonder if his attitude/work ethic is junk.

I'd take Jenkins for what he signed over Thomas
    He looked great with Manning. Without Manning's talent, he looks like less.

Now only if the Packers had a comparable talent ...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Would also like to see Cutler for 5 mil a year if he would sign that. We need to have a veteran who can get us to the playoffs in an emergency imo.
    If it weren't Rodgers contract year, this idea is not the worst.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If it weren't Rodgers contract year, this idea is not the worst.
    One UNSAID is the fact that GB is trying to extend Rodgers...and from what is sounds like his agent might be asking for

That is going to damage our flexibility in Free Agency so I think GB might be hesitant.

Rodgers isn't giving GB the Tom Brady Deal IMO

One UNSAID is the fact that GB is trying to extend Rodgers...and from what is sounds like his agent might be asking for

That is going to damage our flexibility in Free Agency so I think GB might be hesitant.

Rodgers isn't giving GB the Tom Brady Deal IMO
    They have had 3 years to prep. And months since JG signed. Either they are ready or they are not.

No need for a discount.

They have only leveraged one vet to clear space and that vet was almost retained. They are ready and the only thing screwing up their plans are the overheated CB market and Cousins level of guaranteed money.

Blog Entries
    They have had 3 years to prep. And months since JG signed. Either they are ready or they are not.

No need for a discount.

They have only leveraged one vet to clear space and that vet was almost retained. They are ready and the only thing screwing up their plans are the overheated CB market and Cousins level of guaranteed money.

The Cousins Deal REALLY screwed them

Also, being reported they may be working in some verbiage allowing AROD to stay at top of QB salaries through some or all of his deal. That complicates things as well

And the CB need for everybody is making all challenging

The Cousins Deal REALLY screwed them

Also, being reported they may be working in some verbiage allowing AROD to stay at top of QB salaries through some or all of his deal. That complicates things as well

And the CB need for everybody is making all challenging
    You give Arod a contract comparable to Cousins for 3 or 4 years. He needs to give a little bit to ensure we can sign people down the road. Other QB's have done this, and he can too.

We could always use the tag down the road to retain or apply pressure to him . Thing is, I don't know if we want to keep him until he's 40 like Brees or Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    You give Arod a contract comparable to Cousins for 3 or 4 years. He needs to give a little bit to ensure we can sign people down the road. Other QB's have done this, and he can too.

We could always use the tag down the road to retain or apply pressure to him . Thing is, I don't know if we want to keep him until he's 40 like Brees or Brady.
    Why in God's name wouldn't we? Brady is playing as efficient as he ever has at 40. Rodgers has had a few flukey injuries, but takes care of himself and I have no reason to think he won't be a top tier qb in 5 years. He seems to have the makeup for it.

And agree with PB. Aaron has carried scrubs for a few years all while being roughly the 8-10th highest paid qb in the league. Its his time to get paid. If the Packers are ill prepared due to poor financial planning and terrible drafting that's not A-Rod's problem.

I'd like to have a conversation here.

Why give in to ARods demands? Seriously. He's going to turn 35 in 2018, 36 in 2019. We can exclusive rights franchise him and keep him around for the season he turns 37. What, is he not going to play? Okay, he's already pretty darn old at 37. I bet he could go out and land a fat contract if he wanted still at 37, but if the Packers wanted to go the replacement route, they have a couple years to get a person in the position to be ready.

Is anyone going to hold out the season for 22M and cost themselves more than that in endorsements? No way. It would be a financially ill-advised move for Aaron to sit out.

I don't get it. We have all of the leverage here.

Could this be why they brought in the kid from Cleveland? So he could be ready to start year 4 like 'Rod did?

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I would not be surprised to see Bowman here after how well he played in Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

Why give in to ARods demands? Seriously. He's going to turn 35 in 2018, 36 in 2019. We can exclusive rights franchise him and keep him around for the season he turns 37. What, is he not going to play? Okay, he's already pretty darn old at 37. I bet he could go out and land a fat contract if he wanted still at 37, but if the Packers wanted to go the replacement route, they have a couple years to get a person in the position to be ready.

Is anyone going to hold out the season for 22M and cost themselves more than that in endorsements? No way. It would be a financially ill-advised move for Aaron to sit out.

Could this be why they brought in the kid from Cleveland? So he could be ready to start year 4 like 'Rod did?

Poisoning the well. Also possible he would not show up for work under the tag. He has the leverage to pull that off. Cousins, who had never received big money, did not.

You would also be encouraging him not to play the Rodgers extended offense, which sometimes, against good defenses, is the only offense.

Leverage? If Rodgers doesn't show up until Week 6, no one on staff will be safe. Goodbye McCarthy, goodbye Ball and Gutenkunst.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-26-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    He needs to give a little bit to ensure we can sign people down the road. Other QB's have done this, and he can too.
    One top QB has done this and reportedly he regrets it because the help at WR arrived 3 years late.

I'd love to know who else is signing below market deals for the hometown team. Its not up to the player to make this happen.

Poisoning the well. Also possible he would not show up for work under the tag. He has the leverage to pull that off. Cousins, who had never received big money, did not.

You would also be encouraging him not to play the Rodgers extended offense, which sometimes, against good defenses, is the only offense.

Leverage? If Rodgers doesn't show up until Week 6, no one on staff will be safe. Goodbye McCarthy, goodbye Ball and Gutenkunst.
    If he sits out 6 weeks, all the coaching staff needs to do is say he is being a troublemaker and bye-bye ~20M in endorsements in addition to 6 weeks of salary. Would not be a smart move financially if he is made out to be a diva.

FWIW, I don't think they should do this, but this notion that he deserves to constantly be the top paid player, a full guarantee, etc is silly. The Packers have all the leverage right now and his deal is effectively guaranteed anyway.

I don't know where the numbers may end up, but are some suggesting AR should be getting a $200M+ guaranteed contract (for 4 or 5 years)? If that's the case, my answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

That would be a very TT thing to do. TT isn't in charge anymore, and I doubt the new brass has the brass to take that PR hit for "treating ARod bad after all he has done for the franchise".

Incidentally we could franchise him for 2 years and control him through age 38.