Quote Originally Posted by KYPack
Well, thanks, I guess. Can't say I realyy understand tasing other than I need to avoid it.

Both cops agreed that a taser can be lethel. There was a case in cincy a year ago. A guy (5'7" 350) was out of his mind on dope, by his friends account. The cops tased him once, no effect. Twice, nothin'. The third dose was a charm and the guy died on the way to the hospital of a massive heart attack.

So, it's a neat thing to avoid.
It's a step up from pepper spray, I guess. I've been sprayed (part of training I had to take!!!) and it was something else. IIRC there have been some cases of people going into a pretty massive shock over that as well. Don't know if anyone's died, however.

Without getting into too much of a discussion about it, those that are against tasing always point to the people getting killed, and say that the cops are too willing to use it - but I've seen proponents of it say that compared to the number of 'detainies' that die from other means of being subdued (choke holds, batons...) it's not as bad as it's made out to be.