Page 376 of 563 FirstFirst ... 276 326 366 374 375 376 377 378 386 426 476 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,520 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Favre, while playing not very well, has had a bunch of his teamates screwing up. He is part of the problem, but he is not the whole problem. If you put Rodgers on that team they would have won what? 2 more games? A lot of Favre's INT's have been the result of receivers falling down, etc.

Now, I still hate Favre. I'm just saying he isn't the entire problem.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Favre, while playing not very well, has had a bunch of his teamates screwing up. He is part of the problem, but he is not the whole problem. If you put Rodgers on that team they would have won what? 2 more games? A lot of Favre's INT's have been the result of receivers falling down, etc.

They might have won quite a few more games with a full compliment of players attending their "mandatory" training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Looks like Leslie Frazier's in Brent's corner - says Brent is not the problem, he just needs his teammates to step up.

Wow. Can you say "enabler"?

I think he'll say whatever the hell Zygi scripted for him to say. With the well noted exception of Mike Singletary, interim coaches aren't very controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    What's he suppose to say ? He knows Tavarius is junk with little to no upside. So he's an enabler because he's going to back his starting QB. Sure

What upside is there to Bert at this point? They could win out and they'd still be screwed. A 3-7 coach with any job security at all would be playing T-Jack or Webb just to find out exactly how many QB's they needed to draft next year.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Of course why do players fall down? Usually it happens when the have to change directions to get a poorly thrown ball. That one INT Favre had against the Bears was exactly this. One of the announcers said it was becasue the receiver slipped. The ball was thrown so far behind the guy that even if he hadn't of slipped I still think the Bear DB gets the ball.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Dang, I don't miss the Bert lovers - PR's finally becoming a Packers home again. I hope it sticks around.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Favre sucks, his team sucks and since danglgate Deanna doesn't!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

What a difference a year makes. I wonder if that guy still has that jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

I wonder if these 3 ladies still have their jerseys.

That jersey might just end up in the Packers Hall of Fame one day.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar

The NC hat emphasizes the douchiness.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Tracy Porter. None of this would have been possible without his pick.

The NC hat emphasizes the douchiness.

And if he still has that jersey, would he dare wear it to the Humpty Dome?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Generally speaking, when you have a talented team, as MN does, for every interception caused by a receiver falling down there is a "sure" interception dropped by the defender; and for every "sure" TD pass dropped, there is another completed because the receiver makes an outstanding catch.

Not to mention several of Favre's receivers "fell" trying to stop or reach back for very poorly thrown balls.

When a QB is statistically as bad as Favre is right now, most of the problem is the QB.
    When a QB is performing as poorly as Favre is right now, it is very difficult for the team to win.
    When other parts of the team also play poorly, blowouts result.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar

If I were MN I'd straight cut him right now. That way if some asshole GM wants to pick him up - fantastic. Doesn't affect "The Streak" at all, and if he ever becomes a starter again - streak is in tact.

How exactly does not benching The Old Man make any football sense?

From here: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...ench-QB-112310

Frazier should bench Favre

Leslie Frazier — you silly, silly man. I know how this movie ends. So does Eric Mangini. So does Brad Childress. And if you listen closely, that roar of laughter you hear in the distance is Green Bay's Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy, who knew it was smarter to get slaughtered in the court of public opinion than continue to let an aging Favre run the organization and get away with whatever he wanted.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Well, if you look at Frazier's comments he says at one point that his message to the team is that Favre has been a leader and he is their QB and it's Favre's teammates that need to step up to the plate to help Favre out.

And then there's this quote from the Star-Trib: "It's likely Favre and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell will be given far more freedom to run the offense, especially because Frazier's expertise is on the other side of the ball."

Wow. Brent must be feeling all warm and fuzzy right now.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, if you look at Frazier's comments he says at one point that his message to the team is that Favre has been a leader and he is their QB and it's Favre's teammates that need to step up to the plate to help Favre out.

And then there's this quote from the Star-Trib: "It's likely Favre and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell will be given far more freedom to run the offense, especially because Frazier's expertise is on the other side of the ball."

Wow. Brent must be feeling all warm and fuzzy right now.

He might be momentarily happy about getting Chili canned, but at the end of the day he's still just playing out the string.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    He might be momentarily happy about getting Chili canned, but at the end of the day he's still just playing out the string.
    I am curious as to whether this new freedom to run the offense will result in him playing like he did last year - that old meme of the "revitalized" Brent - or if the team's suckiness will put him in the position of trying to do it all and thus throwing more and more picks.

KYPack

For what it's worth, Andrew Brandt isn't convinced that Favre will retire for good this time. Answering questions from readers, he wrote::

Brett is done after this year, no?
    I choose to never believe that. I have always thought Brett would play: when he took his time every offseason to decide to return; when he retired in 2008; and when he sat at home through the 2009 and 2010 offseasons. As to 2011, the mess of this season may actually work to spur Brett to prove he can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    What upside is there to Bert at this point? They could win out and they'd still be screwed. A 3-7 coach with any job security at all would be playing T-Jack or Webb just to find out exactly how many QB's they needed to draft next year.
    +1 Farp isn't the future, that's for sure.