Page 458 of 563 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 508 558 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,160 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree, it would do quite a bit to turn fan attitudes around. It will take someone to play peacemaker and make the first calls (Campen? ), but it would be for the best.

Maybe Andrew Brandt could do it and he would have five more years of articles about the Packers and Favre to write.
    Yea sure.The Good Old boy from the deep south seeths every day with such hatred and animosity over anything Green Bay Packer.

Not you too pbmax.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I found my second person to add to the ignore list...

mission ....if your open minded 'you can' learn. You gain nothing by ignoring any part of this issue. All you demonstrate in that negative measure is your ignorance and all withstanding as a Packer fan. Especially that in terms of A Green Bay Packer great. Don't you really want to share the happiness with all of us that see 'for Brett Favre' as the Green Bay Packer QB even though he demonstrated his very humaness to us at times and therefore looked bad in so doing.

You might take the same position I proposed to Joemailman. It seems to me that you fellas need a tad more seasoning than some here before offering yourself up to broach this issue of arriving at the TRUTH.

Now here's a rather novel idea for you to consider mission. I invite you to join me. To take a unique approach towords enlightenment. To assist me in securing healing at Packerrats. To share in that ideal.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    I can't wait to pay scalpers price, just so I can go in and boo the shit out of the man along with half the stadium.

An adaption of: Burning heart

Two worlds collide, rival camps
    So unnecessary 'A primitive clash'.
    Fans collide...seven years frustration
    Hope against hope ... so much at stake.
    Seems we duke it out. Honour against the ropes.
    No clear answer...No knockout blow.
    Does the crowd understand?
    Like North Vs South; man against man
    Can we be strong ... stand alone?

In the burning heart, just about to burst
    There's a quest for answers, an unquenchable thirst.
    In the darkest night, rising like a spire
    In the burning heart, the unmistakable fire.

In the warrior's code, there's no surrender.
    It's TRUTH alone ... the tallest member.
    A body screems 'STOP'... 'a SPIRIT' cries never.
    Deep in our soul ... 'a quiet ember'.
    Tis NOT me ... rather 'you Vs you'. Negative constant render.

You I challenge.
    Find TRUTH ... bring it together.
    No puzzle so strong ... no difficult task.
    The paradox drives on. OUR team needs us strong.
    A battle of wills ... the heat of attack
    A passion that kills... Vs. Victory.
    It's OURS ... OUR own.

In the burning heart ... about to burst.
    Lies a quest for answers ...unquenchable thirst.
    In the darkest night, rising like a spire.
    In the burning heart ... unmistakable fire.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Woodbuck, considering that he's just put you on his ignore list, he can't really read your response, now can he? Obviously the point went right over your head that the Packers have made a genius PR move here. They threw an olive branch out with this hint of a suggestion. If Favre does not agree to it, then yes, he winds up looking like a baby whether you like it or not. But by making the first move, the team looks like the ones with no hard feelings, wouldn't you say?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Deputy Nutz. I respect your stance on this issue. You represent the hard line opposition to the Favre haters.

Gradually the rest of us have been reduced to aiming for a compromise or common sence just to get some PEACE on this forum.

a) Of course none of it can possibly do with how Brett Favre was as our teams offensive leader playing so distinguishedly.

b) How he did such a large part to restore the Packer Organization back to respectability.

Did anyone forget that...He's the only NFL player to win back to back to back NFL MVP's. Just that gets him into the NFL HOF as a first ballot candidate . How many achievements after that including the record of consecutive game starts 'all positions except kicker' get him the same honour?

It's just shameful for me to become aware of any Packer fan that would sincerely 'attempt in any way' to take that away from him. To do so and expect credibility as a Packer fan or a knowledgeable NFL fan? I've had to come to terms with that. Call upon every rational I have as a discriminating person to understand that. I always struggle with that one.

We'll likely NOT ever see another QB like Brett Favre. He was unique and wonderful. For so long the Icon of the NFL.

When it's all said and done can Packer fans forget:

c) That he was voted the 90's decade's Top QB on NFL.Com.

d) Deny that throughout two decades FAVRE was a TOP FIVE QB and dispute that and try to dispute that he was 'at least a TOP TEN QB' for consecutive decades?

e) Fault Bret Favre without answering the question. How many QB's in NFL history have been recognized by experts with that distinction in d) ?

One was Dan Marino. Brett Favre and Dan Marino. There's some fast company.

Brett Favre's number 4 'with the Packers', should be retired ASAP. Anything less than that is utter nonsence.

GO PACKERS !
    I don't think Nutz is talking about Favre. He most likely is saying we aren't gonna win another SB with Rodgers and company.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Woodbuck, considering that he's just put you on his ignore list, he can't really read your response, now can he? Obviously the point went right over your head that the Packers have made a genius PR move here. They threw an olive branch out with this hint of a suggestion. If Favre does not agree to it, then yes, he winds up looking like a baby whether you like it or not. But by making the first move, the team looks like the ones with no hard feelings, wouldn't you say?
    Your sadly and again using pettiness to try and gain points MJ.

Bring me proof of what you substantiate. Ohh and MJ instead of brewing trouble as your seems so aspired to do. 'Who ignores who' adds nothing in terms of TRUTH and the question we will resolve inspite of your hatefulness. Frankly MJZiggy 'WHO IGNORES WHO ' is none of your business. Bringing that up makes you look really bad 'member' and seperastes you completely from the ideal I aspire to here.

MJ You often hold a cup that too often dribbles water. Isn't it best you just take a rest on this one for a change.

MJ.....How many wrongs does it take to defeat RIGHT?

By the way in case your 'confused again'...I'm right.

PACKERS FOREVER!
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Woodbuck is one of the minority of fans who still think Favre was somehow wronged in this situation. If that's how he feels nothing any of us say will change his mind.

Your sadly and again using pettiness to try and gain points MJ.

Bring me proof of what you substantiate. Ohh and MJ instead of brewing trouble as your seems so aspired to do. 'Who ignores who' adds nothing in terms of TRUTH and the question we will resolve inspite of your hatefulness. Frankly MJZiggy 'WHO IGNORES WHO ' is none of your business. Bringing that up makes you look really bad 'member' and seperastes you completely from the ideal I aspire to here.

MJ You often hold a cup that too often dribbles water. Isn't it best you just take a rest on this one for a change.

MJ.....How many wrongs does it take to defeat RIGHT?

is it your platform or business to comment on that? NO!

keep the useless remarks to yourself and only add something constructive not you8r penchant for
    To change the quote from Hamlet - the man doth protests too much - especially when it comes to Favre. Good lord, if some of us have no use for our previous QB why does that bother you so much??? You are still a fan. Bully for you. Don't preach to us if we feel differently.

The Packers offered an olive branch. Let's see how #4 responds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't think Nutz is talking about Favre. He most likely is saying we aren't gonna win another SB with Rodgers and company.
    I'm 'of course NOT sure' but just maybe....Deputy Nutz is referring to the effects of positive Vs negative KARMA.... " bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad ".

Maybe it's as I feel. That hatred and continued brewing of animosity for Brett Favre. Is pointless nonsence.

So tedious and not in any form constructive in terms of where our Packer fans need to be.

It's sad that more here don't see it this way.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Woodbuck is one of the minority of fans who still think Favre was somehow wronged in this situation. If that's how he feels nothing any of us say will change his mind.
    I believe there are many Packer fans like me that will stand up for Brett Favre. Not that I need such a support group as I'm capable of defending my positions.

This is all about TRUTH and the Packer side coming clean. All about more harmony and healing for Packer fans. About finally coming to grips with the deceit and manner in which Favre was deceived and manouevered.

Anyone who believes that the TT and MM side was all on the up and up is clearly and unmistakenly out to lunch. That aside I can assure y'all. Brett Favre has washed it all aside. He's over it and has moved on.

Brett Favre... sets himself aside from the pettiness of even Packer fans that post such clear nonsence on this forum. What is the main reason that we need to see the packer organization retire Favre's number. clearly it's so the organization can better ensure healing among Packer fans.

Re-Unite Packer Nation in terms of 'a resounding applause' for a TRUE Green Bay Packer 'GREAT'.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:44 AM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you should stop telling people what they should be doing at Packerrats and worry about yourself Woody. Like making sure you keep all the Favre crap to one thread. I let your number retirement threrad have chance and it barely made it past the first page before turning into exactly why this thread is here.

Use better judgement next time and put Favre stuff in here. Stop trying to bully others or expect to be "correct".

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I can't wait to pay scalpers price, just so I can go in and boo the shit out of the man along with half the stadium.
    No response needed to that.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Favre will be rightly booed when they retire his jersey. He quit on the team by retiring and forcing a trade then going and ending his next three seasons with ints and hanging on too long.

Woody you show proof he holds no ill will. I know all the talking heads out there say he does.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Is that post constructive?
    Yes are any of your rambling incoherent post constructive or just long?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Maybe you should stop telling people what they should be doing at Packerrats and worry about yourself Woody. Like making sure you keep all the Favre crap to one thread. I let your number retirement threrad have chance and it barely made it past the first page before turning into exactly why this thread is here.

Use better judgement next time and put Favre stuff in here. Stop trying to bully others or expect to be "correct".

I'm not expecting to be correct Mad. I'm not bullying anyone. As Packerrats owner my humble advice. let it all come out in the wash. Do I need to worry about a position here 'as member' if I post to gain the honor this forum deserves? Is the democratic process alive in Packerrats?

RE: This matter and it's own thread.

I began it with a caution that it might be better contained within this thread. I left that up to your judgement Mad.

It's such a contentious topic 'in fact' I totally agree with placing this question in this thrad. It's a HOT button. It's better to isolate it in an open forum thread where the debate over this question can be isolated from other discussion.

Have a lovely weekend Mad.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is the democratic process alive in Pckwerrats?

It's a HOT button.
    There is no such process here.

If you know it is a HOT button then that means you knew exactly what you where doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Favre will be rightly booed when they retire his jersey. He quit on the team by retiring and forcing a trade then going and ending his next three seasons with ints and hanging on too long.

Woody you show proof he holds no ill will. I know all the talking heads out there say he does.
    hi Tony:

I know how strong my hand is. I'm holding solid cards.

I'm not the one here that is contending with the Packers time and choice to retire Favre's number; nor it's merit in doing so. If anyone here imagines it's Brett Favre's place to ever broach the subject that's unrealistic.

It's up to the Green Bay Packer organization to get it 'simply' right, NOT Brett Favre.

I'm positive that Brett Favre will be deeply and emotionally pleased to learn officially that the GREEN BAY PACKERS want to retire his number 4.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Your hand is rags and you know it. Fuck Favre and I would care less if AR took number 4 right now it would be fitting that 4 incher got replaced by a truly great QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    There is no such process here.

If you know it is a HOT button then that means you knew exactly what you where doing.
    No Mad I contend that because it's an obvious HOT BUTTON Issue that maybe it was best that it be placed in this thread and you've done so.

Thanks.

It's your position as owner of Packerrats that no democratic process exists here !? Does it comes down to whichever group has the most influence in terms of membership strength Vs the TRUTH.

Is that correct Mad? I'm not putting you on the spot here man and you need not respond.

I'm merely trying to understand 'as you say'... how to survive at Packerrsts. If under 'your terms' that's prudent.