Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
Deputy Nutz. I respect your stance on this issue. You represent the hard line opposition to the Favre haters.

Gradually the rest of us have been reduced to aiming for a compromise or common sence just to get some PEACE on this forum.

a) Of course none of it can possibly do with how Brett Favre was as our teams offensive leader playing so distinguishedly.

b) How he did such a large part to restore the Packer Organization back to respectability.

Did anyone forget that...He's the only NFL player to win back to back to back NFL MVP's. Just that gets him into the NFL HOF as a first ballot candidate . How many achievements after that including the record of consecutive game starts 'all positions except kicker' get him the same honour?

It's just shameful for me to become aware of any Packer fan that would sincerely 'attempt in any way' to take that away from him. To do so and expect credibility as a Packer fan or a knowledgeable NFL fan? I've had to come to terms with that. Call upon every rational I have as a discriminating person to understand that. I always struggle with that one.

We'll likely NOT ever see another QB like Brett Favre. He was unique and wonderful. For so long the Icon of the NFL.

When it's all said and done can Packer fans forget:

c) That he was voted the 90's decade's Top QB on NFL.Com.

d) Deny that throughout two decades FAVRE was a TOP FIVE QB and dispute that and try to dispute that he was 'at least a TOP TEN QB' for consecutive decades?

e) Fault Bret Favre without answering the question. How many QB's in NFL history have been recognized by experts with that distinction in d) ?

One was Dan Marino. Brett Favre and Dan Marino. There's some fast company.

Brett Favre's number 4 'with the Packers', should be retired ASAP. Anything less than that is utter nonsence.

GO PACKERS !
I don't think Nutz is talking about Favre. He most likely is saying we aren't gonna win another SB with Rodgers and company.