Page 481 of 531 FirstFirst ... 381 431 471 479 480 481 482 483 491 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If Woody quit being Woody he wouldn't be the...Maple Leaf Rag
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Bob Wolfley from JSOnline notes a recent interview with Favre and a Dallas radio station. Here is the link in case you have not read the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Bob Wolfley from JSOnline notes a recent interview with Favre and a Dallas radio station. Here is the link in case you have not read the comments.
    He's so full of shit, him not using his retirement threats as leverage. Who gives a shit though, he was on a little power trip, didn't appreciate being in the league nearly enough.

He said he's coming back though. Glad to hear. He played here for a long time and played really well. Now I'm going to leave this topic the fuck alone. I hope the Packers get rid of anyone who makes a scene immediately when the day comes. No good comes out of treating him like shit.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-27-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Woody, I said some truths. It wouldn't have gotten to you if I didn't.

At the same time, I wouldn't want you to leave and a part of me knows I got too contentious in those posts, so I apologize for that part.

But Woodbuck, you have a very elusive, passive-aggressive nature, one that's very hard to fight back against. Sometimes I think posters are at their wits end when they get into these debates with you because it's a lot of no-win scenarios. I credit you on your ability to frustrate the shit out of people. It's no easy task, to be reasonable enough to keep people from completely ignoring you, while still frustrating the shit out of them at the same time. Most posters who are as frustrating as you just get shunned usually, but you have enough other qualities that you get away with it. Scott Campbell obviously does what he does to get under your skin. Usually, that type of post would just get annoying. But to SC's credit, he sees how incredibly frustrating you are to most people and doesn't play by your rules. He just takes it to the same no-win level you already have it at. And when you look at it, people don't get away with doing that to other posters on this forum or anywhere, really. But he does to you, because even though your direct words say you're not asking for a fight, the no-win nature of the conversations you're in say you are. So don't be surprised.

Like I said, I did say some truths, and I'm not sorry for that. At the same time, you're a cool guy and I know Favre matters to you so you won't be seeing me fight you on it, especially as hard as I did here.

You'll stand up for people when they need it. You obviously don't like seeing people hurt. But. . . I don't think you're as good of a guy when you feel someone deserves it, asks for it, or you perceive as a threat. The things you do here, the passive-aggressive attacks, I think you flat out feel a sense of satisfaction when you lay your guilt trips and put your, "we're all Packer fans" stuff. Like we talked about earlier, you haven't brought people together, so using those types of statements serve only as guilt tripping and shutting people up, not actual effective conflict resolution. The results, woodbuck. The results are the reason for the actions. The results of your actions are people leave frustrated and guilt-tripped. The results could just as easily be people leaving feeling more connected. Saying it is not doing it.

Maybe you're pissed off at how hard people are on Favre. Maybe deep down, you know it affects him when people hate him. Maybe, deep down, you want people to pay for doing that to Favre and rather than bringing people together, you're punishing them for hurting Favre (and yourself.)

And Woodbuck, I don't stand on a high horse. I've done it. Probably less and less over the years, but I still do it. And when I'm doing it, I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts I don't know I'm doing it. I bring it out here, on you. I'm OK if you do the same to me. I guarantee you I won't like it at first, but I guarantee I'll think about it and change my ways if I'm really pushing someone too.

I did not name call and personal attack here. I talked about some tactics I don't like, that I think present no-win situations and that I don't see as being helpful. I hope you feel I have the right to do that, and I hope you can see that I'm not judging or crucifying you either. Nobodies perfect, you either.

People have to pay for their actions, woodbuck. If someones actions pushes people away (even passive-aggressive ones, like Favre does, that you can't pin down.) People get pushed away for a reason. Favre has to either live with that or learn from it. The hope is, he realizes how much the people he pushed away matter and he learns from it. I think he has a huge ego that gets in his way from having a happy life. This is a learning opportunity for him. It hurts. Matters of the ego do, just like the truth does. But hurt is the part of life that tells us something is wrong, tells us to change-up. Favre has some hurt here, and it's telling him to change something. Don't rescue him. Let him realize something is wrong. And don't leave this forum because I hurt you. Screw that. Some of it was true. Some of it was BS. Own the truth, smack back the rest and move on better for it.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-28-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Woody, I said some truths. It wouldn't have gotten to you if I didn't.

At the same time, I wouldn't want you to leave and a part of me knows I got too contentious in those posts, so I apologize for that part.

But Woodbuck, you have a very elusive, passive-aggressive nature, one that's very hard to fight back against. Sometimes I think posters are at their wits end when they get into these debates with you because it's a lot of no-win scenarios. I credit you on your ability to frustrate the shit out of people. It's no easy task, to be reasonable enough to keep people from completely ignoring you, while still frustrating the shit out of them at the same time. Most posters who are as frustrating as you just get shunned usually, but you have enough other qualities that you get away with it. Scott Campbell obviously does what he does to get under your skin. Usually, that type of post would just get annoying. But to SC's credit, he sees how incredibly frustrating you are to most people and doesn't play by your rules. He just takes it to the same no-win level you already have it at. And when you look at it, people don't get away with doing that to other posters on this forum or anywhere, really. But he does to you, because even though your direct words say you're not asking for a fight, the no-win nature of the conversations you're in say you are. So don't be surprised.

Like I said, I did say some truths, and I'm not sorry for that. At the same time, you're a cool guy and I know Favre matters to you so you won't be seeing me fight you on it, especially as hard as I did here.

You'll stand up for people when they need it. You obviously don't like seeing people hurt. But. . . I don't think you're as good of a guy when you feel someone deserves it, asks for it, or you perceive as a threat. The things you do here, the passive-aggressive attacks, I think you flat out feel a sense of satisfaction when you lay your guilt trips and put your, "we're all Packer fans" stuff. Like we talked about earlier, you haven't brought people together, so using those types of statements serve only as guilt tripping and shutting people up, not actual effective conflict resolution. The results, woodbuck. The results are the reason for the actions. The results of your actions are people leave frustrated and guilt-tripped. The results could just as easily be people leaving feeling more connected. Saying it is not doing it.

Maybe you're pissed off at how hard people are on Favre. Maybe deep down, you know it affects him when people hate him. Maybe, deep down, you want people to pay for doing that to Favre and rather than bringing people together, you're punishing them for hurting Favre (and yourself.)

And Woodbuck, I don't stand on a high horse. I've done it. Probably less and less over the years, but I still do it. And when I'm doing it, I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts I don't know I'm doing it. I bring it out here, on you. I'm OK if you do the same to me. I guarantee you I won't like it at first, but I guarantee I'll think about it and change my ways if I'm really pushing someone too.

I did not name call and personal attack here. I talked about some tactics I don't like, that I think present no-win situations and that I don't see as being helpful. I hope you feel I have the right to do that, and I hope you can see that I'm not judging or crucifying you either. Nobodies perfect, you either.

People have to pay for their actions, woodbuck. If someones actions pushes people away (even passive-aggressive ones, like Favre does, that you can't pin down.) People get pushed away for a reason. Favre has to either live with that or learn from it. The hope is, he realizes how much the people he pushed away matter and he learns from it. I think he has a huge ego that gets in his way from having a happy life. This is a learning opportunity for him. It hurts. Matters of the ego do, just like the truth does. But hurt is the part of life that tells us something is wrong, tells us to change-up. Favre has some hurt here, and it's telling him to change something. Don't rescue him. Let him realize something is wrong. And don't leave this forum because I hurt you. Screw that. Some of it was true. Some of it was BS. Own the truth, smack back the rest and move on better for it.
    JH:

Scott Campbell never does...never has gotten under my skin. SC isn't well.

All I have ever felt for Scott Campbell is pain for whatever he suffers.

Now this thread is about Brett Favre.

If you have anything positive in regards to Brett Favre and me 'in any terms' and Brett Favre ...fire away. or please...stay on topic.

Somehow discussing Brett Favre and Scott Campbell in the same post is repugnant. Surely you'll truly understand or appreciate me writing that.

I've had Scott Campbell on ignore for awhile now JH. Whenever he gets out of sorts I must do that. I feel too much suffering for 'his pain'.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-28-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy old man
    I care about Scott Campbell. I IGNORE Scott Campbell.
    why did I ever leave this forum? This is quality drama. The real question is when does the watercooler get thrown out the window?

Epic stuff. Just epic.
    C.H.U.D.

Ice caps are melting down....Rand and Campbell are back.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Ice caps are melting down....Rand and Campbell are back.
    Ohh Jaysus next thing I'll be held responsible for that happening at Packerrats.

The fact of the matter. I'd love to see every former Packerrat return.

After that 'the IGNORE Function' is available. It truly works.

It's a darn good thing it's easy being woodbuck27.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

This stuff belongs in the Brad Jones thread

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    This stuff belongs in the Brad Jones thread
    Dear Lord NO! Please no!!

We don't need any more of this stuff happening at Packerrats ....OUR Packer HOME.

Lurking and Stalking. The creepy shit.....of creeps.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Here's Brett's retirement transcript from when he retired while with the Packers. I don't see any mention that TT or MM forced him out. Seems he said that he simply couldn't commit to the rigors of the game any longer.

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articl...ranscript.html
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Here's Brett's retirement transcript from when he retired while with the Packers. I don't see any mention that TT or MM forced him out. Seems he said that he simply couldn't commit to the rigors of the game any longer.

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articl...ranscript.html
    Ok ...one more time:

Brett Favre wasn't forced out of Green Bay.

It was simply time for the Green Bay Packers to turn their attention to the future and as their NO. 1 QB...Aaron Rodgers. Anything else might have turned out as disastrous and frankly a foolish move in terms directly related to Aaron Rodgers and respect for that man.

Is there any poster (s) here at Packerrats that believe he was forced out of Green Bay?

The pressure on Favre was simply to retire/stay retired.

Of course ...that didn't go well.

GO PACK GO!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ok ...one more time:

Brett Favre wasn't forced out of Green Bay.

It was simply time for the Green Bay Packers to turn their attention to the future and as their NO. 1 QB...Aaron Rodgers. Anything else might have turned out as disastrous and frankly a foolish move in terms directly related to Aaron Rodgers and respect for that man.

Is there any poster (s) here at Packerrats that believe he was forced out of Green Bay?

The pressure on Favre was simply to retire/stay retired.

Of course ...that didn't go well.

GO PACK GO!
    Well stated. No, never an easy exit for a star. Hard to plan to be succeeded by the next guy, but if you give the team a reason to replace you (retirement and delaying decision to come back until July), don't be surprised that you are not back as the starter automatically. Then, it's nothing to do with your play on the field, but how you handle your business off the field, and the team's need to get ready for the next season and beyond.

His Green Bay exit does not make me forget what a great player he was, and I hope they can mend fences and get together on what is a well-deserved celebration of his career in a public ceremony at Lambeau. I don't know how the fans would react on that day, but hopefully with class and remembering all that he gave the fans during his time in Green Bay, regardless of how it ended or who he ended up playing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Well stated. No, never an easy exit for a star. Hard to plan to be succeeded by the next guy, but if you give the team a reason to replace you (retirement and delaying decision to come back until July), don't be surprised that you are not back as the starter automatically. Then, it's nothing to do with your play on the field, but how you handle your business off the field, and the team's need to get ready for the next season and beyond.

His Green Bay exit does not make me forget what a great player he was, and I hope they can mend fences and get together on what is a well-deserved celebration of his career in a public ceremony at Lambeau. I don't know how the fans would react on that day, but hopefully with class and remembering all that he gave the fans during his time in Green Bay, regardless of how it ended or who he ended up playing for.
    Carolina_Packer:

I truly believe (not just hope) that that day will be a truly great day in Green Bay.

The cheers will be loud....very loud for 'the Green Bay Packer Legend'. We won't likely see another like him.

The reason I believe that is for all that MAN gave of himself in Green Bay. Classless objector positions certainly won't dominate 'Brett Favre's Appreciation Day' in Green Bay. The soon to come day when his number four is retired and he's proudly inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall Of Fame, where he so very richly deserves to be. Such imaginations are pure nonsense. I truly believe that love defeats HATRED.

The fans reaction to his being honored in Green Bay. I believe that has to be a small concern, for Brett Favre and his family and closest friends. I do believe that Favre reads Packer forum reactions. Brett Favre loves football and what people and his fans thinks affects him. Brett Favre 'only' tested himself against .... could he give his best. Brett Favre is a very special man. I've never seen such an emotional Pro Star athlete, that desired to give so much to his fans. He got right there as a Green Bay Packer and football player of outstanding quality.

No QB in the NFL was tested more and survived to win more in his time as a Green bay Packer. Therein lies and survives for all time...THE LEGEND. That's an irrefutable fact of TRUTH. It's unlikely that any football player ever played with more heart than Brett Favre. We'll not likely see anyone ever again with the greatness of Brett Favre.

I fear...not if as Packer fans, we don't get collectively past hatred.

I hope that Brett Favre reads this post and my stances on this thread.

I hope that Brett Favre clearly knows that he's going down in the books and memories of football people:

As the the outstanding football player he will remain for all time. I hope that my support for him against all the derisions he reads on Packer forms. Gives him hope in the realistic outcome; that CLASS always defeats classless.

LOVE and FORGIVNESS ALWAYS DEFEATS hatred.

I love you Brett Favre... it's going to be very proper and very good man.

I'll be cheering you with all my power and might.

Why do I stand with such passion!?

As a solidly concerned Green Bay Packer fan. I'm positive that a stance such as mine is more than good; more than right. It's imperative for the future of the team I love. The Green Bay Packers.

I stand with passion because I'm a member of Packerrats where strong negative opinion exists against a great Green Bay Packer player. If I'm defeated in my position the haters win another battle. So I fight or stand in strong. I cannot be more or less than my Fathers son.

My stance is about the positive and best future of the Green Bay Packers NOT some senseless and selfish fan (s) that doesn't/don't know any better than to smeer Brett Favre... to hate Brett Favre. That doesn't realize that his/her extreme negative ways will possibly bring down the future of the Green Bay Packer Organization, in terms of 'deserving to win'. In terms of the TRUTH of the LAWS Of KARMA.

It's about karma Packerrats. Never challenge or oppose good KARMA with hateful and negative/wrongful positions.

Forgiving Brett Favre is a very good thing. Maybe? ... accept Brett Favre for the awesome Green Bay Packer; he has always tried so hard and proved to be. The BEST winner in his time in Green Bay. That's what he certainly helped give Y'all. Appreciate 'just' that as the smartest move you'll make.

GO GREEN BAY PACKER FANS >>> GO FOR POSITIVE KARMA !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-29-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Carolina_Packer:

I truly believe (not just hope) that that day will be a truly great day in Green Bay.

The cheers will be loud....very loud for 'the Green Bay Packer Legend'. We won't likely see another like him.

The reason I believe that is for all that MAN gave of himself in Green Bay. Classless objector positions certainly won't dominate 'Brett Favre's Appreciation Day' in Green Bay. The soon to come day when his number four is retired and he's proudly inducted into the Green bay Packers Hall Of Fame where he so very richly deserves to be. Such imaginations are pure nonsense. I truly believe that love defeats HATRED.

The fans reaction to his being honored in Green Bay. I believe that has to be a small concern for Brett Favre and his family and closest friends. I do believe that Favre reads Packer forum reactions. Brett Favre loves football and what people and his fans thinks affects him. Brett Favre 'only' tested himself against .... could he give his best. Brett Favre is a very special man. I've never seen such an emotional Pro Star athlete, that desired to give so much to his fans and he got right there as a Green Bay Packer. No QB in the NFL was tested more and survived to win more in his time as a Green bay Packer. Therein lies and survives for all time...THEv LEGEND. That's an irrefutable fact of TRUTH. It's unlikely that any football player ever played with more heart than Brett Favre. We'll not likely see anyone ever again with the greatness of Brett Favre.

Certainly not if as Packer fans we don't get collectively past hatred.

I hope that Brett Favre reads this post and my stances on this thread.

I hope that Brett Favre clearly knows that he's going down in the books and memories of football people:

As the the outstanding football player he will remain for all time. I hope that my support for him against all the derisions he reads on Packer forms. Gives him hope in the realistic outcome that CLASS always defeats classless.

LOVE and FORGIVNESS ALWAYS DEFEATS HATRED.

I love you Brett Favre....it's going to be very proper and very good man.

I will be cheering you with all my power and might.

Why do I stand with such passion!? As a solid Green Bay Packer fan I'm positive that a stance such as mine is good.

My stance is about the positive and best future of the Green Bay Packers NOT some senseless and selfish fan that don't know any better than to smeer Brett Favre to hate Brett Favre. That don't realize that his/her extreme negative ways will bring down the future of the Green Bay Packer Organization in terms of 'deserving to win'.

It's about karma Packerrats. Never challenge or oppose good KARMA with hateful and negative positions.

Forgiving Brett Favre is a very good thing. Maybe? ... accept Brett Favre for the awesome Green Bay Packer he has always tried so hard and proved to be to be 'just that'. The BEST winner in his time in Green Bay. That's what he certainly helped give y'all. Appreciate 'just' that as the smartest move you'll make.

GO GREEN BAY PACKER FANS >>> GO FOR POSITIVE KARMA !
    “we won’t see another like him”

- True we will not see another player exactly like him. But as good as him or better? Check back with me in about five years.

“I hope that Brett Favre reads this post and my stances on this thread.”

- He's not.

“I love you Brett Favre...”

- Thats just weird.

”As the the outstanding football player he will remain for all time. I hope that my support for him against all the derisions he reads on Packer forms. Gives him hope in the realistic outcome that CLASS always defeats classless.”

-So you have class if you support Brett Favre blindly and you don’t have class otherwise. Interesting.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Interesting quote from the Favre presser.

Favre: "I think last year and the year before I was tired and it took awhile but I came back. Something told me this time not to come back. It took awhile once again. Once again, I wondered if it was the right decision. But I think in my situation, and I had this conversation with Mike and Ted, that it's a unique situation in that at 17 years I had one of the better years in my career, the team had a great year, everything seems to be going great, the team wants me back, I still can play, for the most part everyone would think I would be back, would want me back. That's a unique situation going into an 18th season. There's no guarantees next year, personally and as a team, and I'm well aware of that. It's a tough business and last year and the year before I questioned whether or not I should come back because I didn't play at a high enough level. Other people questioned that. I really didn't question my commitment. I just wondered, 'Could I not play anymore?' I know I can play. But this year, and this is not the first year but it really to me and Deanna was more noticeable, the stress part of it. It's demanding. It always has been, but I think as I've gotten older I'm much more aware of that. I'm much more aware of how hard it is to win in this league and to play at a high level. I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. You can't just show up and play for three hours on Sunday. If you could, there'd be a lot more people doing it and they'd be doing it for a lot longer. I have way too much pride, I expect a lot out of myself, and if I cannot do those things 100 percent, then I can't play."

From BF's own words in March MM & TT want him back as the starting QB in 2008.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston