Results 10,121 to 10,140 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Well stated. No, never an easy exit for a star. Hard to plan to be succeeded by the next guy, but if you give the team a reason to replace you (retirement and delaying decision to come back until July), don't be surprised that you are not back as the starter automatically. Then, it's nothing to do with your play on the field, but how you handle your business off the field, and the team's need to get ready for the next season and beyond.

His Green Bay exit does not make me forget what a great player he was, and I hope they can mend fences and get together on what is a well-deserved celebration of his career in a public ceremony at Lambeau. I don't know how the fans would react on that day, but hopefully with class and remembering all that he gave the fans during his time in Green Bay, regardless of how it ended or who he ended up playing for.
    Carolina_Packer:

I truly believe (not just hope) that that day will be a truly great day in Green Bay.

The cheers will be loud....very loud for 'the Green Bay Packer Legend'. We won't likely see another like him.

The reason I believe that is for all that MAN gave of himself in Green Bay. Classless objector positions certainly won't dominate 'Brett Favre's Appreciation Day' in Green Bay. The soon to come day when his number four is retired and he's proudly inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall Of Fame, where he so very richly deserves to be. Such imaginations are pure nonsense. I truly believe that love defeats HATRED.

The fans reaction to his being honored in Green Bay. I believe that has to be a small concern, for Brett Favre and his family and closest friends. I do believe that Favre reads Packer forum reactions. Brett Favre loves football and what people and his fans thinks affects him. Brett Favre 'only' tested himself against .... could he give his best. Brett Favre is a very special man. I've never seen such an emotional Pro Star athlete, that desired to give so much to his fans. He got right there as a Green Bay Packer and football player of outstanding quality.

No QB in the NFL was tested more and survived to win more in his time as a Green bay Packer. Therein lies and survives for all time...THE LEGEND. That's an irrefutable fact of TRUTH. It's unlikely that any football player ever played with more heart than Brett Favre. We'll not likely see anyone ever again with the greatness of Brett Favre.

I fear...not if as Packer fans, we don't get collectively past hatred.

I hope that Brett Favre reads this post and my stances on this thread.

I hope that Brett Favre clearly knows that he's going down in the books and memories of football people:

As the the outstanding football player he will remain for all time. I hope that my support for him against all the derisions he reads on Packer forms. Gives him hope in the realistic outcome; that CLASS always defeats classless.

LOVE and FORGIVNESS ALWAYS DEFEATS hatred.

I love you Brett Favre... it's going to be very proper and very good man.

I'll be cheering you with all my power and might.

Why do I stand with such passion!?

As a solidly concerned Green Bay Packer fan. I'm positive that a stance such as mine is more than good; more than right. It's imperative for the future of the team I love. The Green Bay Packers.

I stand with passion because I'm a member of Packerrats where strong negative opinion exists against a great Green Bay Packer player. If I'm defeated in my position the haters win another battle. So I fight or stand in strong. I cannot be more or less than my Fathers son.

My stance is about the positive and best future of the Green Bay Packers NOT some senseless and selfish fan (s) that doesn't/don't know any better than to smeer Brett Favre... to hate Brett Favre. That doesn't realize that his/her extreme negative ways will possibly bring down the future of the Green Bay Packer Organization, in terms of 'deserving to win'. In terms of the TRUTH of the LAWS Of KARMA.

It's about karma Packerrats. Never challenge or oppose good KARMA with hateful and negative/wrongful positions.

Forgiving Brett Favre is a very good thing. Maybe? ... accept Brett Favre for the awesome Green Bay Packer; he has always tried so hard and proved to be. The BEST winner in his time in Green Bay. That's what he certainly helped give Y'all. Appreciate 'just' that as the smartest move you'll make.

GO GREEN BAY PACKER FANS >>> GO FOR POSITIVE KARMA !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-29-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau