Page 502 of 563 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

When I made this post I never thought that Packerrats would push so hard for the Magic 10,000 (500 page) post >>> in this awesome thread. What an awesome 'push'.:

05-14-2013, 02:32 PM Post #9671

By: 'Yours Truly' >>> back on page 484.

Lots in this article that interesting from Packers’ president and CEO Mark Murphy's perspective including The Packers moving on without three of their most popular players with the loss of Jennings, Driver and Woodson. Also please check out the part dedicated to WR Randall Cobb... Cobb’s future bright

I wanted to tie a few things together ... RE: Favre and his possible (inevitable) re-union with the Green Bay Packers. That's been covered but maybe not exactly as I'm presenting here:

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

"The Packers took a step in the right direction in warming their icy relationship with Favre at the NFL awards program in February when the three-time MVP joined Rodgers at the podium to present Peyton Manning with the 2012 Comeback Player of the Year award.

“I thought it was a very good first step,” Murphy said.

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.”

Favre, who has stated publicly he has no relationship with the Packers, is currently the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...me/mark-murphy

Please Read:

Aaron Rodgers cleans up for Packers, Favre

February, 5, 2013 ... By Kevin Seifert ... ESPN.com

Prior to that phone conversation, Rodgers and Favre hadn't spoken much since 2008 -- a distance I've always attributed to their distinctly different personalities as well as the inherent tension of a Hall of Fame succession. In the end, however, it was probably on Rodgers -- for lack of a better phrase -- to be the grown-up here. Favre wasn't likely to beg the Packers for forgiveness, and if Packers president Mark Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson have reached out to Favre, it has not been reported publicly.

"It didn't take a lot of coaxing for me to do it," Rodgers said. "I did want to sit and think about whether it was the right thing to do. I really feel very secure in my position with the team and feel good about the things that we've been able to accomplish in my five years as the starter, and feel good about the direction the organization is going in.

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away." Fr. LINK immediately

Finally:

Brett Favre: Disappointment of losing led to retirement talk NFL.com

Published: April 13, 2013 at 01:58 a.m.

Updated: April 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...etirement-talk

"Favre's many will-he-or-won't he melodramas -- first with the Packers, later with the Minnesota Vikings -- made him the butt of nationwide jokes, and were taken as a sign of the future Pro Football Hall of Famer's selfishness, even diva mentality. According to ESPN's Jason Wilde, however, Favre said the exact opposite was true." Fr. LINK

See LINK above for Brett Favre's response to this.

" Favre also explained what it felt like when his career ended on a concussion suffered during a 2010 Vikings home game that had to be played outdoors at TFC Bank Stadium because of roof damage to the Metrodome. " Fr. LINK

See LINK above for Brett Favre's response to this.

Favre predictably was asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson.

The time when Brett Favre will become a first ballot HOFer isn't far away.

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

Get that done ASAP. Please 'just' do it !

Comment woodbuck27:

Maybe it's because we don't have a lot to focus our discussions on at this time of 'the Off Season'; but all the same, this post sure caused the flurry of responses needed to push for the 10,000th post.

All of Packerrats should be proud.

GO Packerrats GO !

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-25-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    i've never seen the text. is this what he actually sent? lol

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post

GO CROCS GO!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i've never seen the text. is this what he actually sent? lol

lol
    I am not sure about all of it, but the part about the PR person being his go to confirmation guy was true. It was how the Jets got dragged into this prior to the massage a trois.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

on the day this hits 10000NYC lawsuit alleging Favre sent racy texts settled on the day this hits 10000 http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nyc-law...3112--nfl.html

Looks like I missed all of the fireworks.

As the kids these days say...

"Epic".
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP View Post
    today he talks to coles about how he's not trying to replace his freinship with chad, he's just here to help them win

bubba says #4 "still has it, ask any of the WRs" and that he's been "making incredible plays"

bubba's locker is rght next to lord's and he comes to him with any questions

brett says his arm is a little fatigued ("no pain") and that he felt 38 today - mangini states that this is normal for camp b/c u take more reps than most weeks during season.

brett also favorably compared coles and his other wrs to the ones he had in GB with respect to their play-making abilities (YACS) - this along with the fact that thomas jones is AT LEAST as good as grant gives team hope....

LET'S GOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Wait 10 minutes - he might change his mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP View Post
    btw, im goin to use this thread to post info i get during #4's career with the jets. i will do my best to limit my comments about brett to this thread, so that the posters who cringe at my (and others') pro-favre/jet posts can simply avoid them by ignoring the thread

thanks
    I thought we should bump posts #1, #2 and #3 to see where this all started.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson.

The time when Brett Favre will become a first ballot HOFer isn't far away.

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

Get that done ASAP. Please 'just' do it !
    Before you schedule a big bash for the Guest Of Honor, it's probably a good idea to make sure the Guest Of Honor is going to show up. Favre has said nothing that would indicate he's ready to return to Green Bay. Saying "It'll happen one day", is a long way from saying you're anxious for it to happen.

It will happen when Favre wants it to happen. Favre has given no indication when that might be.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Honestly he shouldn't even have his number retired if more years pass. Yeah I said it, what.

If after five years he is still not over what happened then he doesn't deserve to be acknowledged. It is an honor to have your number retired and he should feel grateful. The fact that he doesn't want it to happen until he is good and well ready to be honored is kind of pathetic if you ask me. If I was the packers I would ask him if we can did it this year and if he says no then don't ask again. Him still acting like a baby shows he didn't learn anything from what happened. Time to get off the high horse already jeez.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Honestly he shouldn't even have his number retired if more years pass. Yeah I said it, what.

If after five years he is still not over what happened then he doesn't deserve to be acknowledged. It is an honor to have your number retired and he should feel grateful. The fact that he doesn't want it to happen until he is good and well ready to be honored is kind of pathetic if you ask me. If I was the packers I would ask him if we can did it this year and if he says no then don't ask again. Him still acting like a baby shows he didn't learn anything from what happened. Time to get off the high horse already jeez.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The problem with trying to discern the truth of the situation from reading interviews by Favre is that he was caught in one inaccuracy after another throughout the ordeal. Throw in his classic exaggerations in front of the press during his entire career (every year the team was maybe the most talented he ever played on, etc.), and what Favre said about anything doesn't really convince me about the facts, although it can provide insight into his screwed up interpretations.

...and before anyone challenges me to "prove it", don't bother, because I have no desire to waste one second more of my time on this.

I closely followed the saga of Favre and his threatened retirements that started when he hit 30. I even predicted at the end of the 2007 season that he would in fact announce his retirement. Many of you thought I was crazy when I wrote that. Shortly after his retirement, I further stated that I would not be surprised if he later "unretired", but that he would never play another down for the Packers, regardless. Again, many said I was crazy, and that the Packers had to take him back because he was Brett Favre. I made those statements on this board (or whatever one it was that we all were on at that time).

With that as background, I feel comfortable in pontificating on the matter, but will document it only if I feel like it, not on request or demand. Believe me if want, or don't believe me, I really don't care.

By the end of 2007, Favre didn't want to be the QB of the Packers anymore than MM wanted him to be. Not a big deal. No one's fault, just the facts of the situation as I interpreted them.

I blame Mike Sherman for a lot of it. Sherman gave in to Favre time after time. Favre soon saw himself as bigger than the team, even though at heart he was a team player. In essence, he became drunk on the status he had attained. His impulsive personality was not well-suited for it. Throw in his preoccupation with his own desires, and it becomes even worse.

TT and MM were not tolerant of it, and slowly but surely began reining Favre in. They each grew tired of the other, but wanted to end it on their own termas. Favre thought he could play the fans in one final push to get his way, but it backfired and he learned that in fact the Packers had control if he still intended to play.
    Outstanding post and take Patler.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Football been very very good to me

I've often wondered how much they regret having announced it so soon after he retired the first time. I think it was probably done to "seal" the retirement, thinking the announcement of a date certain would nail the door shut on a possible reconsideration on his part. Of course, it didn't do that, and now it is an awkward commitment that will continually be asked about until it finally occurs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

In fairness to Favre, it may be he is reluctant to return to Green Bay because he is afraid of what the fan reaction would be. He might think more time is needed to let time heal wounds. We just don't know, but it is one possibility.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Some really nice posts on these last couple pages. Nice job md, Patler, everyone.

Woodbuck, not to be rude, I consider you a friend in life, but not a fellow Packer fan. The things Favre did when he left and his retirement games felt like a slap in the face to me, as a Packer fan. Anyone who was a Packer fan during that era and didn't feel that slap in the face, does not experience the Packers the way I do. And sometimes I get the feeling you want the Packers to fail, like you can't wait for an opportunity to jump down our throats, like every moment is an opportunity for revenge. Sometimes when things go wrong, I don't even want to open this site so I don't have to see what you and a few others are writing because it's going to be so fucking negative and disheartening. It's like there are Packer fans and then there is you (and a few others), who wants us to pay for this Favre thing.

md said it very well above, Favre not accepting the honors the Packers are offering him is yet another slap in the face as a Packer fan.

Responding to Patler, about the Packers possibly regretting offering Favre the things they did. . . . That may very well be. But it's like anything else. The people you tie yourself to have a very strong ability to hurt you. Favre was so closely tied to the Packers and was so influential with the fans, he had a very strong ability to hurt the Packers, and he used that ability in all of it's horror (or glory for you, woodbuck, since you consider that guy glorious.) And who is closer to Favre than the Packers were? His wife and childeren. Look at the humiliation he placed at their feet. The closer you get to that man, the more severe the burn will be, and none had it worse than his family.

packer_md strikes me as a very strong, regular, respectful, honorable person. I use his/her position as a very good example of how most of humanity is affected by Favre's ations. If Favre doesn't wake up soon with some humility, if he keeps dragging this on. He's going to further taint his reputation by having the appearance of not being able to let go, not being able to move on, not being a person most people respect. I hope he doesn't. He's lost the respect of a lot of people with the pictures he was sending of his penis, the creepy messages, the cheating on his wife, the tantrums he threw during the retirement-unretirement process, and so much more. For every slap Favre puts on the face of the Packers, there are millions of people watching, shaking their heads, and I think it's helping build the legacy of the Packers as a great, honorable organization. Everyone feels the urge to slap back, but not doing so, sometimes, taking the pain with dignity and courage, can sometimes build more respect than a slap back ever could. I know what legacy I'd rather be associated with, Woodbuck. The way you support Favre, honestly, makes me lose respect for you. What he did I cannot respect. The fact that you admire/honor that man disgusts me.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-25-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Influence is power, and Favre thrived on it. You can see guys like woodbuck thrive on it too. He's living vicariously through Favre, pumping up Favre's influence by praising this thread.

Well, guess what, woodbuck. . . in the end, if people stick together (like Packer fans are doing here.) none of that power can take us down. This thread could be 20,000 posts long, 1000 pages long and it will certainly be testament to the influence (power) favre held/holds over Packer fans. But. . . . It cannot break us down unless we let it. We watch kids growing up without homes get married and have children in beautiful, secure homes through football. We get to know guys and share in their joy as they fulfill their dreams. Football matters to people on all kinds of levels, personal levels.

You coming here, parading Favre's power over us, it doesn't feel good, but we have the ability to feel it AND move on and enjoy our team together. And guess what, that's exactly what people are doing here, and because of it, it is you who is losing the power. It is Favre who is losing the influence/power.

He's done a lot of things that have turned a great, respected career into a tarnished legacy and in the case of his penis pictures, a laughing stock. Now he has the power to finish the job and die without ever fully sharing the experiences of his life with the people whom he experienced life with.

On a human level, this is fucking sad, woodbuck. This is guy white-knuckling life and leaving humiliation/devastation in his wake. In light of that wake, you need to wake the fuck up and get a grip, woodbuck. This is not glory. This is senseless strife. This is extending pain far longer than it needs to be extended. He needs to let go and just come back and celebrate the time he got to be with the Packers. Like all of life, there were great/horrible/good/bad and somewhat indifferent times. But the great/good are the parts we can hang onto, the horrible/bad we can learn from, then let go of. That is possible. That's what it's about.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-25-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Some really nice posts on these last couple pages. Nice job md, Patler, everyone.

Woodbuck, not to be rude, I consider you a friend in life, but not a fellow Packer fan. The things Favre did when he left and his retirement games felt like a slap in the face to me, as a Packer fan. Anyone who was a Packer fan during that era and didn't feel that slap in the face, does not experience the Packers the way I do. And sometimes I get the feeling you want the Packers to fail, like you can't wait for an opportunity to jump down our throats, like every moment is an opportunity for revenge. Sometimes when things go wrong, I don't even want to open this site so I don't have to see what you and a few others are writing because it's going to be so fucking negative and disheartening. It's like there are Packer fans and then there is you (and a few others), who wants us to pay for this Favre thing.

md said it very well above, Favre not accepting the honors the Packers are offering him is yet another slap in the face as a Packer fan.

Responding to Patler, about the Packers possibly regretting offering Favre the things they did. . . . That may very well be. But it's like anything else. The people you tie yourself to have a very strong ability to hurt you. Favre was so closely tied to the Packers and was so influential with the fans, he had a very strong ability to hurt the Packers, and he used that ability in all of it's horror (or glory for you, woodbuck, since you consider that guy glorious.) And who is closer to Favre than the Packers were? His wife and childeren. Look at the humiliation he placed at their feet. The closer you get to that man, the more severe the burn will be, and none had it worse than his family.

packer_md strikes me as a very strong, regular, respectful, honorable person. I use his/her position as a very good example of how most of humanity is affected by Favre's ations. If Favre doesn't wake up soon with some humility, if he keeps dragging this on. He's going to further taint his reputation by having the appearance of not being able to let go, not being able to move on, not being a person most people respect. I hope he doesn't. He's lost the respect of a lot of people with the pictures he was sending of his penis, the creepy messages, the cheating on his wife, the tantrums he threw during the retirement-unretirement process, and so much more. For every slap Favre puts on the face of the Packers, there are millions of people watching, shaking their heads, and I think it's helping build the legacy of the Packers as a great, honorable organization. Everyone feels the urge to slap back, but not doing so, sometimes, taking the pain with dignity and courage, can sometimes build more respect than a slap back ever could. I know what legacy I'd rather be associated with, Woodbuck. The way you support Favre, honestly, makes me lose respect for you. What he did I cannot respect. The fact that you admire/honor that man disgusts me.
    JH:

I celebrate Brett Favre the football player. I've always 'just' been there as a Packer fan. Sorry man but if you believe your positions on Brett Favre make you a better Green Bay Packer fan than me. So be it. Believe what you need to believe.

The sad TRUTH JH:

Your mistaken.

You've called me out... thus I'm placed in a position where my integrity demands a response to you JH.

I'm a Packer fan that celebrated Brett Favre the football player I enjoyed. Not always enjoying and at times being repaginated by Brett Favre the human being. Until... I got my head back to earth, Realizing that as a human being Brett Favre's struggles are no different than most human beings. We all suffer our struggles and handle them or not in different ways JH. I didn't always agree with the manner in which Brett Favre conducted his private life but as the person I am. I refuse to judge Brett Favre. See JH:

I try my damnest not to judge any person. I constantly struggle with that conviction. I try to like all people including members here. Just as members here judge and dislike me. I try to ignore that in terms of 'again'... who I feel I must be. See JH....I have to live with me.

I've put it on the record the pain I felt about the things Brett Favre did away from the football field that have tarnished his reputation. I was 'just sick' for Brett Favre wife (Deanna) and his children and close and extended family over the Jenn Sterger Vs Brett Favre 'sexting scandal'. I've never looked at any leud Pic's (supposedly of Brett Favre's penis) as I'm stronger than to get into such smut. Instead... I confided with a member of Packerrats as to the authenticity of those cell phone pic's. After such I was convinced by this member. That 'in fact' he believed the pic's were of Brett Favre.

That revelation reaqlly bothered ...hurt me JH. That was a lot for me to deal with JH.

That correspondence with this member left me literally 'just sick' with Brett Favre. It took some time for that personal disappointment ... that pain to go away. Somehow that pain left me JH.

So you sit at your keyboard and critique me (judge me) and positions I'm as free as you are RE: anything Brett Favre.... to take. You slam me as a lesser Green Bay Packer fan that you are. If that is your need. Fill your boots. The TRUTH is simply this. More or less than you. I am a solid Green Bay Packer fan. For you to attack me as anything else is.... well...... it makes me feel sad for you.

I'll defend my position as a Green Bay Packer fan as your completely 'off base' in your allegations mister. I'll rebut such utter nonsense on your part simply thus:

It's your claim that I'm less of a Packer fan that you or anyone else here that takes the negative 'down on Brett Favre'. Whatever fills your boots and that JH; but your sadly to me wrong.

I'm a Green bay Packer fan that wants the team I've supported for over five decades to fail!? That's your claim. Well your claim is completely 'out to lunch'. Your claim is pure and utter nonsense !

Your imagination is sadly deluded man. In those five decades 'plus' that I've been a Green Bay Packer fan. I loyally supported the Green Bay Packers through all that was sometimes 'just awful' or the 1970's- 80's.

Brett Favre's arrival gave to me as a Packer fan 'new and real hope'. Hope that I maintained throughout Favre's time as the Packer NO. 1 QB. I mean he gave me sincere and undeluded hope even in his final game as a Green bay Packer.

Do you read all that I write? I write a lot so I expect not. I'm clearly on record as supporting the decision to see the Green Bay Packers allow Aaron Rodgers his shot after the 2007 season.

So JH here it is** .

I'll inform 'YOU JH'; and I'll extend this to any member of this board that feels such need as your expressing. That I'm a lesser Green Bay Packer fan. Your evidence of that... my position on Brett Favre and your 'silly nonsense that I hope the Packers lose and that 'for whatever you might drum up' sick reason.

By the way that accusation against me really SUCKS JH... but here we are.

Any attempt to try to ride me into the dirt as a 'lesser' Green Bay Packer fan of less repute than 'YOU' or anyone else on this board because I refuse to condemn all I saw in Brett Favre.

Your not 'only' out to lunch man. Your obsessed with your needs to hate Brett Favre. To characterize your feeling as anything less that that negative emotion, is to delude yourself. Your hatred is so very slanted that you extend that hatred to me. A five decade plus Green Bay Packer fan. For that you as the man you are 'only' deserve one clear and succinct rebuttal and not all I've written to this point in this post:

JH....FUCK OFF 'with the creepy nonsense'. Please.

You know what all such does here? Your well aware of the ways of some of our membership. I'm not going to add fuel for their sick amusement. Those posters here that love to see the shit your post to me might drum up... if I allow that to happen.

Sorry ... and 'you' can put your popcorn away as that's NOT going to happen as the butter is getting... going to get real thick/cold.

I celebrate this day and this post as a Green Bay Packer fan.

As decent and proud to be such as 'any of the rest of you'.

GO PACK GO!
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Maybe PaCkFan_n_MD is right, we shouldn't retire his number................or anyone else's in the future. I thought I heard/read somewhere that the league frowns on that now. Enshrining him in the Packer HOF should suffice and we wouldn't find the need to rehash this again for the umpteenth time.

I do not mean this post to be taken in any other way but as a concern from me for you to learn 'the TRUTH' PaCkFan_n_MD. I'm not here to argue or demonstrate any manner of animosity over this; what should now be 'a simple matter' of acceptance.

Brett Favre has been over it for a long time Packer fan. Sometimes it can be far more complicated than meets the eye. Favre has bent over backwards trying his level best to help you the Packer fan/ NFL fan see it all as it was/is.

Maybe it might take a little more effort on your part? Just a question you might ask yourself. I'm not even suggesting that you go there. Such has to be a personal decision, and one with complete 'open mindedness'.

As to getting over it and Brett Favre:

Favre was over it, and clearly stated as much, going back to the conclusion of the 2008 season. He has told us over and over again. That 'he's over it', if you read his many statements on this issue/matter. Maybe? Simply take your time or find the time to read it all Packer fan.

Your puter has the same capabilities as mine does. All that will be left is some open mindedness on your part. That's a certain challenge in terms of this Brett Favre thing and some Packer fans and I accept that as we're all somehow different.

Brett Favre and getting over it:

Favre has busted his ass trying to inform us of all of it and the fact that he is...over it. Too many Packer fans 'simply' choose to ignore or discount his TRUTH, as it doesn't fit their agendas and judgements. They have to be right and couldn't possibly be wrong.

Given all that Brett Favre has tried to do to set this right in terms of his position and the TRUTH. What has the other side said:

NOTHING.

You know why? They carry the shame of 'a wrongful pride' not Brett Favre.

This has little to nothing to do with any decision to move past Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers.

It has everything to do with how the Green Bay Packers Organization tried to force Brett Favre's hand... in terms of his will and rights to want to continue playing somewhere as an NFL QB. It has everything to do with how the Green Bay Packers attempted to coerce and control Brett Favre's life after active Green Bay Packer service. Trying too hard to keep Brett Favre retired. Trying over the top too hard to ensure that Brett Favre got the message it was time for him to retire.

What they did was 'simply out and out', just wrong. If anything like that was done to any of 'YOU'. I would hope that 'YOU' had the common-sense, the strength and courage to stand against it as Brett Favre and the NFL HO supporting his position.... did.

Do you know what's pissing off posters here now?

The TRUTH.

The TRUTH that I post. Too many here cannot ACCEPT THIS truth.

What we must try hard to do here. Is to simply agree to disagree without the public floggings that sometimes goes on at Packerrats. It's that sort of thing at that has driven so many decent members away. Not 'only' posters that have suffered the ridicule of 'a group of posters here'; but those posters that refuse to be any part of such 'mentality'. Those posters that don't have the will nor means to fight or stand up against the posters here that feel they have some special privalege.

This morning I learned that to be a 'real Packer fan'. I have to have a strong distaste for Brett Favre.

If that's the case then ...I'm NOT that sort of real Packer fan.

I'm simply a Green Bay Packer fan and have been for what?....55 years. NOT good enough for some here!

Whatever. I'm simply proud to write this:

GO PACKERS GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-26-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I've often wondered how much they regret having announced it so soon after he retired the first time. I think it was probably done to "seal" the retirement, thinking the announcement of a date certain would nail the door shut on a possible reconsideration on his part. Of course, it didn't do that, and now it is an awkward commitment that will continually be asked about until it finally occurs.
    An astute observation Patler.

PACKERS !