Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MCCLELIN...INFO

Blog Entries

MCCLELIN...INFO

Stellar article; gotta like his prosepcts in GB. He's a reason you trade up into the top 45 range after getting a DL in round one. BOOM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...146211645.html
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I like this kid more and more.

Blog Entries
    Mike Mayock......now rates him as the 2nd best OLB in the draft and notes anybody who needs an OLB should have no problem pulling the trigger at end of round one...early round two.

Brooks Reed II ?????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Ive been seeing some mocks with him going as high as 27th to the Patriots. That would be a drag.
    A lot of comments out there from the punters that say they wouldn't even want him in round 2... I don't know what to think but in a vacuum and seeing his combine numbers, it definitely seems like a good TT pick. (And Belicheck, unfortunately)

I really like him, but not in round 1, move up in round 2 to get him, like you said.
    Thanks Ted!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    I really like him, but not in round 1, move up in round 2 to get him, like you said.

Ideally I think ou are right but I'd have no problems taking him at end of round one. He looks to be an all around smash mouth football player without a lot of risk.

I read a GBPG chat this morning that suggested the kid is not an all-world athlete but loves the game, gives it his all, etc.

Don't we already have that guy on this team? That AJ Hawk guy?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Mike Mayock......now rates him as the 2nd best OLB in the draft and notes anybody who needs an OLB should have no problem pulling the trigger at end of round one...early round two.

Brooks Reed II ?????
    B. Your certainly HIGH on him. (-; I have to take a closer look as my info. doesn't have him going bot. 1st Rd. ... top 2nd Rd.

Fr. Article:

"After Shea interviewed with about 15 teams at the combine, he brought home various sets of NFL gear. To grandma, the Packers hat and skull cap stood out immediately. That's where Terry hopes he goes. She remembers watching Lombardi's teams growing up and says her grandson would fit right in.

To the tradition. To the current team......

"If they get him, I'll be running up and down Chicken Dinner Road just screaming," she said. "I could see him there with Clay Matthews. My clean-cut kid with his really, really short hair and Clay with his really, really long hair." " Fr. Article... Initial post this thread.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-06-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

If you have watched any Boise State football you have noticed him......he just keeps on running.
    C.H.U.D.

I like him, but not more than Branch or Mercilus. I could see pulling the trigger in round 1 if Branch is gone and the coaches don't trust Mercilus though.
    </delurk>

My first thought was that I didn't want him... but after watching him more, he might be okay.
    wist

It now appears to me that Shea McClellin is a TOP prospect to become a Green Bay Packer. He certainly wasn't my choice before this week.

Reference: The respect I have for the posters (posts) that proceed this one on this thread.

I'm also awae that the complexion of the MOCK draft boards is changing dramatically; as prospect assesments are being revised and as a result of free agency.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-06-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I don't think he's really 1st round worthy. I just don't see a lot of explosive speed out of him. He's big, I'll give him that.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Shea McClellin Boise State DE Superman ! 5:00 Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RFVe8dxfok

Draftscouts.com ...Ranked #3 of 189 OLB's ... Position 2...DE.

6 foot 3 inchs and 260 lbs.

40 Time 4.63 Sec. Low 40 @ 4.54 ; Hi 40 @ 4.75

Projected as Round 1-2.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...012&genpos=OLB
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-06-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I read a GBPG chat this morning that suggested the kid is not an all-world athlete but loves the game, gives it his all, etc.

Don't we already have that guy on this team? That AJ Hawk guy?

Watch his film; he has pass rushing moves Hawk never had
    What you described was exactly what the Brooks Reed haters said last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    I like him, but not more than Branch or Mercilus. I could see pulling the trigger in round 1 if Branch is gone and the coaches don't trust Mercilus though.

Branch looks very stiff to me; I was watching film of him yesterday on youtube and highlights on NFL Network.
    I'll pass on Mercilus; the one year wonders scare me over proven production

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    My first thought was that I didn't want him... but after watching him more, he might be okay.

A BLESSING FROM WIST !!

Watch more film.........nice change of direction....a knack for the ball and QB. I was bias against him up until the last week when I saw more film.

As far as Branch goes, I'm really scared of anyone from Clemson. Do they ever work out?

McClellin looks pretty good but is he 1st round worthy? I donno...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    McClellin looks pretty good but is he 1st round worthy? I donno...

a good question; I think often we over analyze exactly where we draft guys.

In th end it's about taking the right one; every year there are guys who outperform where they are drafted.

This guy seems to be the safe/stable pick. When we draft there will probably be boom or bust guys with more upside...or you got this guy......who shows some of the tenacity of an Aaron Kampmen. I'd LOVE to see this guy opposite Matthews.

Forever I've been begging manipulating a few traded so we have two picks between 35-45 because I think those guys will be just as good as 28. I'd be fine with him at 28 or 40.

He won't be there if he sit on our ass and see what falls to us in round two